Hello all,

So I am one of the hardcore Blackberry users who were able to get the Amazon App store version of the Starbucks app to work.

A quick search of Amazon shows that the app doesn't appear to be available for Blackberry devices anymore from what I can see.

In any event I got an email from Starbucks today regarding an app update that makes my existing app useless as of February 17th.

I have tried to locate the latest apps apk and I tried to install it but ran into problems. Is there a way for me to find out if this app requires Google Play services? A quick look at Google Play store and all I can see is it requires Android 4.1 and up.

I have the app MAKE installed but I find it easy to reload my account via the app. For whatever reason I used to be able to do this via the website but logging into my account appears to be an issue ever since we got the OS update that killed Flash.

Any info on this would be helpeful.

Thx

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 03:06 AM
    I got the same email and can no longer find the official Starbucks, app on Amazon or Snap to upgrade.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    02-05-16 05:10 AM
    Same boat, and it is feeling like the last straw.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 05:56 AM
    The latest update (version 3.4) works, I just downloaded and installed it this morning.

You need to install Cobalt's Google Play Store, all the instructions are on his landing page

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257

The version prior to 3.4 wasn't compatible with the Runtime, but the current one is good! You still can't use the app to locate stores, and I don't think you can order ahead, but payments work, reloading works and the current balance works. Still love my Passport!

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    02-05-16 09:07 AM
    Thanks for the follow up. I did that, have my phone registered with the the ID, and all that, but when I go to the Starbucks download it says that it is not compatible with my device.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 09:50 AM
    Oh wait I take it back, now I have gone back and it shows update! Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10

Well.... no luck. It said it could not update, but the apk downloaded. Did you delete your existing app before downloading and just doing a clean install?
    Last edited by HaberNik; 02-05-16 at 10:01 AM.
    02-05-16 09:51 AM
    Oh wait I take it back, now I have gone back and it shows update! Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10

Well.... no luck. It said it could not update, but the apk downloaded. Did you delete your existing app before downloading and just doing a clean install?
    No, I simply upgraded. I'm on OS 10.3.2.2639. But in the past, with some of the earlier updates, I have had to uninstall the existing app, reboot, and install fresh.

02-05-16 10:59 AM
    Hmmmmmmm, I am on the later version of the OS (Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876) . I wonder if the inability to delete Android apps is the issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 11:11 AM
    Hmmmmmmm, I am on the later version of the OS (Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876) . I wonder if the inability to delete Android apps is the issue.

Posted via CB10
    That very well could be an issue. The other issue might be you're trying to install an unpatched over a patched one. Doesn't work. The update needs to be patched first before updating.
    02-05-16 11:46 AM
    BTW: Why are you posting the same question in two places? That gets confusing.
    02-05-16 11:48 AM
    Had some issue this fall.
    I downloaded an earlier apk file from this site. (June 2015 version)
    http://apk4blackberry.com/Starbucks.html
    Works fine now, and never update in Snap to avoid it to not working

Hope that helps

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 12:04 PM
    That old version will stop working soon. I believe Starbucks email me and said February 17th. As mentioned previously, the new app version did not appear in Snap. So, I finally installed Cobalt's Google Play Store solution and it still wasn't showing up. I then deleted the old Starbucks App from my phone and it still wasn't there. Then I reinstalled the old version of the Starbucks app and search in Google Play. There it was saying "installed" and providing me the "update" button! Clicked it and updated and it appears to be working fine with patching. Of course I only want to pay and look at my rewards. I don't do anything else with the app.
    02-05-16 12:53 PM
    For those who are trying to figure a work around I think I might have solved my own question a bit.

If you log onto your account via the website and set the account to auto load your credit card, you should be able to make do with the MAKE app.

My biggest issue I had with the MAKE app is that it wouldn't allow the ability to reload your account. For me I just need the ability to pay for my order, reload my account and that's it. Tracking stars, locations, etc aren't really needed for me. This work around I believe will look after this for me.

If anybody else finds a way to get the app update to work please let us Starbucks fans know! Thx

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 01:46 PM
    For those who are trying to figure a work around I think I might have solved my own question a bit.

If you log onto your account via the website and set the account to auto load your credit card, you should be able to make do with the MAKE app.

My biggest issue I had with the MAKE app is that it wouldn't allow the ability to reload your account. For me I just need the ability to pay for my order, reload my account and that's it. Tracking stars, locations, etc aren't really needed for me. This work around I believe will look after this for me.

If anybody else finds a way to get the app update to work please let us Starbucks fans know! Thx

Posted via CB10
    Why use a half-assed app like Make (no offense to the dev, but it's a clumsy workaround at best) when the real Starbucks app works just fine? I upgraded to v. 3.4 this morning, and just now paid for my afternoon coffee and snack. I have my card balance displayed, so I know before I pay whether or not I need to top it up. And I can tip from the app - best feature ever!

If you don't have Google Play store installed, do it now - the link is in my earlier post. I don't use a lot of Android apps, but the ones I do use - Starbucks, Second Cup, MS Office, OneNote - are indispensable. My Passport wouldn't be the same without them.

02-05-16 01:58 PM
    Exactly. Well said.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 05:22 PM
    We might have had a different conversation if it still acted like the previous version.

I wouldn't mind being able to use order ahead, but that's just a convenience (though sometimes they offer bonus stars for using it).
    02-07-16 12:45 PM
    I was able to google the 3.4 Starbucks apk and clicked to download the app. It didn't actually appear on my phone, but I went into the file manager and clicked on the apk. It then installed itself and I have a functioning, up-to-date app.
    02-17-16 02:41 PM
    I was able to google the 3.4 Starbucks apk and clicked to download the app. It didn't actually appear on my phone, but I went into the file manager and clicked on the apk. It then installed itself and I have a functioning, up-to-date app.

Thanks for the info! Would you be so kind as to potentially provide the link for the apk? Or at least list the site?

Thanks so much!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 03:38 PM
    I fond it here, hope it is legitimate, downloading now.

https://apkplz.com/android-apps/starbucks-apk-download

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    02-17-16 05:56 PM
    I got the latest from 1 mobile market.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 07:00 PM
    This app often crashes. I've had to open it 2-3 times before it loaded and allowed me to pay. But it does work eventually.

02-18-16 07:13 AM
    Well, the 17th has come and gone, and for some reason, my original SB app continues to work. I've been able to load my card, tip, etc with out issue so far.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 08:21 AM
    I'm still using the 3.1 version and it's working with no issues. I just have to keep hitting dismiss to upgrade.
    02-21-16 10:38 AM
    I am also using the existing app and have had no issues myself. Hopefully this stays as it is. The app does everything I need it to do.

All the best SBUX fans

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:52 PM
    Good to know in case 3.4 decides to stop loading altogether.

02-21-16 06:23 PM
88 123 ...