Does such an application exist for BB phones?

I have a business sim and can't get data downloads.

Thanks in advance.
    12-26-08 04:11 PM
    You could buy the Garmin Maps application (or any other similar GPS app) that stores maps on your phone, and I believe that would work - otherwise is it possible to use a Wi-Fi connection at all to download the data (eg. Google Maps)?
    Last edited by BLAAKEE.; 12-26-08 at 06:26 PM.
    12-26-08 06:24 PM
    I didn't know you could download all the maps needed in one hit on Google for example.
    12-26-08 06:45 PM
    I didn't know you could download all the maps needed in one hit on Google for example.
    I don't think you can on google.

Even garmin accesses google data. I am not sure if garmin stores all their map data on the phone either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 06:55 PM
    Sorry; I meant use Wi-Fi to access Google Maps if you have that feature on your phone. You cannot download all the maps needed for Google in one go as far as im aware.

I don't think you can on google.

Even garmin accesses google data. I am not sure if garmin stores all their map data on the phone either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry I just did a bit of Googling and as far as I can see Garmin doesn't store the maps on your phone either, but im not 100% on that.

In fact as far as I can see, there isn't any GPS mapping programs currently available that store everything on the SD/Phone at all unfortunatly.

Seems you may be out of luck General Skanky!
    12-26-08 07:42 PM
    I'm with you, General. I do alot of traveling outside of Verizon's range (yes - there are some areas that even their network cannot reach) and I can't commit to a cell signal required GPS solution.

I may have to keep my 700p w/TomTom Navigator in the glove box in case of emergencies.
    12-26-08 11:15 PM
    Another option is an external GPS puck that communicates to the BlackBerry via bluetooth. That gives you autonomous GPS at all times, no cell signal needed. Of course, you still have to download the maps. One solution is to use TrekBuddy, which allows you to download maps in advance to your Media card. It's designed to be used in areas with no cell service. If you can't download data at all, then a standalone GPS is probably your best bet.
    12-27-08 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD