Okay, here's my situation. I live in southwestern Virginia where cell phone service is sparse. I got Sprint because it was cheaper and had phones, at the time, that I wanted more than any other carrier. Because of this, I willingly accepted that I'd never use the phone on Sprint's network, and that the majority of my usage would come through the No Roaming clause with Verizon. I don't use enough to put me over the threshold where they would be angry, so it's a good relationship for me.

My question is whether the nature of this drains the battery of my phone unnecessarily. My phone is never on the Sprint network. Does that mean it is constantly searching for the Verizon network? I used to get pitiful performance from my Pre. As in within 5 hours it was junk. Palm issued a software update aimed at helping users in "areas of low coverage" and it TREMENDOUSLY helped my battery life. I'm wondering if I go to a Blackberry Curve, if it will put me back to that previous ****-poor battery life?
    07-21-10 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD