I have read several articles about this, but no conclusive answer. It is possible to put a Sprint BB Tour SIM card into a AT&T iPhone, and have it work at all? Meaning.... will it atleast pick up the SIM card? make calls? etc... The other articles i've read talk about Sprint not using SIM's so it would be impossible to do this. But... now that Sprint has some SIM cards, I assume it may work. Any thoughts?
    03-17-10 09:01 AM
    As far as I know, the SIM is there because the Tour is a world phone, but that Sprint service does not use SIM cards so the SIM is worthless. Also, Sprint is CDMA and the iPhone is GSM so you'd probably be out of luck using Sprint anyway.
    03-17-10 09:07 AM
    Nope, sim card wont work with Sprint in the US, as cdowner stated, it's for use traveling outside of the US in areas of the world where GSM is used for cell service. Sprint in the US is CDMA only.
    03-17-10 10:15 AM
    i put the sprint sim in my iphone.... it reads it, and recognizes it as a "SIM CARD" but... it just says "no service"...so.. yeah
    03-17-10 11:26 AM
    i put the sprint sim in my iphone.... it reads it, and recognizes it as a "SIM CARD" but... it just says "no service"...so.. yeah
    Is your iphone unlocked? .. Don't think this will work if it is anyways..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 01:55 PM
    yup, its only for overseas GSM networks.
    03-17-10 02:59 PM
    Um, no....
    03-17-10 03:08 PM
    understood about the SIM card. So are all these youtube videos correct with what they show (like cracking the iphone for sprint's network even though it is CDMA and not GSM). The net seems to be full of 50% people saying you can crack it, and the other 50% saying you can't.
    03-17-10 03:10 PM
    understood about the SIM card. So are all these youtube videos correct with what they show (like cracking the iphone for sprint's network even though it is CDMA and not GSM). The net seems to be full of 50% people saying you can crack it, and the other 50% saying you can't.
    no. the GSM iphone will not work on a CDMA network. square pegs dont fit through round holes. likewise, sprints SIM card is only used for its iDEN/CDMA powersource phones and maybe their Tours (like Verizon). sprints is needed for powersource phones because the iDEN network requires it (iDEN is based on TDMA and is similar to GSM in authentication) and maybe global roaming. verizons will only be used to authenticate on a foreign GSM network.
    03-18-10 02:50 AM
    iPhone............CDMA network.................won't work, no matter how you try, doesn't work no matter how you try.
    03-18-10 02:34 PM
    no. the GSM iphone will not work on a CDMA network. square pegs dont fit through round holes. likewise, sprints SIM card is only used for its iDEN/CDMA powersource phones and maybe their Tours (like Verizon). sprints is needed for powersource phones because the iDEN network requires it (iDEN is based on TDMA and is similar to GSM in authentication) and maybe global roaming. verizons will only be used to authenticate on a foreign GSM network.
    Well said!!
    03-18-10 05:03 PM
    I don't see why anyone would want to use an iphone with sprint. The phone's gui looks like it was built for four year olds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD