I'm either going to sprint or verizon.

I'm most likely thinking sprint, what does everyone else think?

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by csickgrind; 08-22-11 at 12:17 AM.
    08-22-11 12:15 AM
    way to be vague.

it depends on alot of things, like what you are looking for in a carrier, monthly costs, phone availability, local service reliability....i mean come on.

if you tell us what you are looking for and why, maybe someone can point you in the right direction.

and while your at it, please be more detailed in your threads title as per the forum rules.
    08-22-11 12:18 AM
    If Sprint coverage is excellent in your area, plus, most of your travels in the U.S. are along big-moderate cities and highways, Sprint will offer you the best value for your money.

Verizon has the biggest network in the U.S., but the prices will kill most people. I typically recommend Verizon for people that have highly-mobile businesses, living in or traveling to rural to areas, etc.
    08-22-11 02:19 AM
    I have had Sprint for over seven years and have no real complaints with them. Even though I live in a rural area the coverage is better than AT&T and equal if not better than verizon. When it comes to plan pricing Sprint is hard to beat. and their unlimited plan IS unlimited with no hidden catches or throttling.

Verizon is an excellent Network but way to pricey for me.
    08-22-11 08:57 AM
    I had Sprint for a number of years, but their coverage sucked in my area. I didn't ever get 3G at my house and dropped calls were the norm. When my Curve broke yet again and Sprint refused to upgrade me for free after 6 or 7 broken Curves in a row, I left and went to Verizon. Verizon is more expensive, but their coverage is super. I've yet to find a dead spot. I loved Sprint's everything plan for $80 but I couldn't deal with not getting phone calls, no service and dropped calls.
    08-22-11 09:52 AM
    I mean I want either a new curve or the new bold at a decent price, I am going off contract too.

I want good prices off contract. That's it.
    08-23-11 08:52 PM
    I mean I want either a new curve or the new bold at a decent price, I am going off contract too.

I want good prices off contract. That's it.
    So does Sprint have great coverage in your area, No point in getting a good deal on a phone If you have no service.
    08-23-11 08:59 PM
    my suggestion is to try Sprint first since it has the best plans hands down, and if it works for you its golden, if not then you may have to pony up the extra cash and go with Verizon.

Plus Sprint has a 30-day worry free guarantee, so if it doesn't work within that 30 days you return everything and don't have to pay a dime out of pocket.
    08-23-11 09:06 PM
    my suggestion is to try Sprint first since it has the best plans hands down, and if it works for you its golden, if not then you may have to pony up the extra cash and go with Verizon.

Plus Sprint has a 30-day worry free guarantee, so if it doesn't work within that 30 days you return everything and don't have to pay a dime out of pocket.
    This proves a point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 11:19 PM
    Sprint has unlimited data. If you like to surf the web then go with sprint

08-24-11 12:19 AM
    I'm going with Virgin Mobile USA. Their prices are much cheaper. With the new Curves coming out, I'm hoping that Virgin will upgrade their 8530 to a 9330. I'm going to wait and see.
    08-24-11 01:17 AM
    Pretty much wherever Sprint gets reception, so does Verizon (and vice versa), at least that's how it is over here in northern California...

I would go with Sprint simply because they have better plans (cheaper). I have the Unlimited Mobile Data plan for only $70/mo and I have unlimited data, sms/mms, and unlimited to minutes to any mobile device on any carrier. And 450 minutes for non-mobile lines, but I haven't even used up 50 minutes of that in a month since the only time I need to call a non-mobile line is either on the weekend or during my unlimited nights anyway. AND my nights start at 7pm with no extra charge by the way. Forget Verizon's 9pm crap...

So yeah, I'd go with Sprint

EDIT:

I just checked my most recent billing statement... Between outgoing and incoming calls, I have used over 8,000 minutes this last billing cycle!

Thank you Sprint for Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (on any carrier) plan!
    Last edited by jranciano; 08-24-11 at 02:48 AM.
    08-24-11 02:39 AM
    Pretty much wherever Sprint gets reception, so does Verizon (and vice versa), at least that's how it is over here in northern California...

{SNIP}

Thank you Sprint for Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (on any carrier) plan!
    Negative. I had Sprint and their service sucked. Dropped calls. Phone wouldn't ring and I'd just get a voicemail. I could be outside in Memphis and my calls would drop. I get home and have nothing. Dumped Sprint and went to Verizon and I've had 1 dropped calls and that was due to me being in the center of the hospital in the basement with no reception. Maybe in California where Sprint works, Verizon works, but a lot of people here @ CB will tell you just the opposite. If you want signal, Verizon can't be beat in 90% of the markets in the US. I live in an area with more cows and horses than people and even in the middle of BFE where I live, I've yet to find a dead spot.

I have unlimited M2M with Verizon.
    08-24-11 09:01 AM
    Negative. I had Sprint and their service sucked. Dropped calls. Phone wouldn't ring and I'd just get a voicemail. I could be outside in Memphis and my calls would drop. I get home and have nothing. Dumped Sprint and went to Verizon and I've had 1 dropped calls and that was due to me being in the center of the hospital in the basement with no reception. Maybe in California where Sprint works, Verizon works, but a lot of people here @ CB will tell you just the opposite. If you want signal, Verizon can't be beat in 90% of the markets in the US. I live in an area with more cows and horses than people and even in the middle of BFE where I live, I've yet to find a dead spot.

Well said I have a lot to think about thanks!
    08-24-11 10:27 AM

Yes yes we know, Sprint doesn't have the exact coverage of the Holy'er than tho Verizon....But you also pay much more, so unless money is No Object I would try the cheaper choice first, at least you have the bonus of saving money.

and Sprint has 52 million customers and growing so it must work somewhere and for someone.

Fact remains you don't get as much for the money with Verizon as you do with Sprint....Sprint has AnyMobile not just M2M and nights start @ 7 not 9 and oh still has unlimited data.
    08-24-11 10:29 AM
    Fact remains you don't get as much for the money with Verizon as you do with Sprint....Sprint has AnyMobile not just M2M and nights start @ 7 not 9 and oh still has unlimited data.
    I wasn't clear. I have any mobile any carrier any time with Verizon.

Yes, I do pay more with Verizon, but considering I prefer my phone to work and NOT be a BB brand paperweight, I'll gladly pony up the dough for service that works.

To the OP: Try whoever you like. If the service isn't up to par, swap. Simple as that.
    08-24-11 10:43 AM

Like I said, at least that's how it is for the most part in Northern CA.

By the way, I live in San Jose. I don't follow hockey much (but love to play), but go Sharks!
    08-24-11 10:44 AM
    I wasn't clear. I have any mobile any carrier any time with Verizon.

Yes, I do pay more with Verizon, but considering I prefer my phone to work and NOT be a BB brand paperweight, I'll gladly pony up the dough for service that works.

To the OP: Try whoever you like. If the service isn't up to par, swap. Simple as that.
    And I get the best of both worlds...My Phones works perfectly everywhere I travel and I pay still pay less and get more services....So tell me why I should have Verizon again?

Fine Sprint doesn't work for you we get it, but obviously there are 52million others that its does work for.

You Verizon Cheerleaders are laughable, you act like because Verizon is the only one that works for your that must be the case for all of us 200 other million that don't use Verizon.
    08-24-11 11:29 AM
    Like I said, at least that's how it is for the most part in Northern CA.

By the way, I live in San Jose. I don't follow hockey much (but love to play), but go Sharks!
    I love the Sharks though I'm in Arkansas. I was just born in the wrong part of the country.

JR A likes this.
    08-24-11 11:29 AM
    Don't Sprint phones just roll over to any available Verizon towers when roaming if they can't find a Sprint CDMA tower? I seem to recall a provision in the Sprint subscriber agreement in the "free roaming" section that stated penalties could apply if more than 50% of voice usage took place while roaming, so technically it is obviously possible. Unless you go roam so much that you run afoul of this, I wouldn't think you would see a huge difference between service availability between Sprint and Verizon.
    Like previous posters have stated though, it makes sense pricewise to start by testing Sprint's service in your area and see if it suits you. If not, return it during your trial period, move to the next provider and see if the service is any better.
    08-25-11 12:42 AM
    Remember, regardless of "3G" or "4G" CDMA, you'll never be able to surf and talk at the same time, unless they make a complete change or revision to the network, such as EVDO Rev. B or C. from EVDO Rev. A.

It's the same for GSM on EDGE.

08-25-11 12:46 AM
    Since the topic is up, I am currently about to make a switch myself. But I am likely switching from Verizon to AT&T. Reason being, I want the Torch 9810 which is not offered by Verizon or Sprint. I'm not concerned with the 2GB data cap as I rarely browse on my phone other than maybe a quick google search and checking e-mail and facebook. Monthly billing won't change much but I was curious how well the AT&T network is.....decent coverage? any dropped calls? decent customer service?
    08-25-11 01:00 AM
    Awesome. Sounds great!
    08-25-11 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD