Hi guys,

Just want to share a peculiar phenomenon with my Q10.

Two weeks ago a bought a Flexsmart X3 FM transmitter to stream music from my Q10 to my car audio system. (By the way, I can highly recommend this Flexsmart X3, I works just great).

The very first time, I connected the Flexsmart to my Q10 with Bluetooth, then I started the music app. All went well, Bluetooth connection was stable, running nicely together with a second Bluetooth connection to my car handsfree system, the music came up through the speakers, I was happy.

Since then� each and every time I start my car, my Q10 connects automatically to the Flexsmart - this is normal of course - but a couple of seconds later the music app fires up too and the music starts playing, all by itself !?

Awesome, but a bit spooky.

How is this possible ?
    04-25-14 03:26 AM
    Interesting but does your car only have AM radio? Why would you need your q10 for FM?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 05:46 AM
    My car does have FM radio, thank goodness, but no USB port nor bluetooth music streaming possibility like 2014 cars. So I stream my favourite music, stored on my Q10, via bluetooth to the transmitter. The transmitter then sends it to a free FM radio channel on my car's radio. A bit complicated, but it works fine.
    04-25-14 06:30 AM
    I have the same issue with my Chrysler vehicle and Bluetooth. Whenever I stream something through the vehicles sound system via Bluetooth on my Z30 ie: YouTube, the built in music player pops up and plays music at the same time. annoying as hell!! it also happens when switching songs, the music player will pop up.
    I attribute it the Chrysler software. When my kids HTC One and iPhones connect, they automatically start playing music as well. its like it can't be idle or not playing something if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    04-27-14 10:02 AM
    Same for me on my VW golf. Music player just automatically opens. A nice feature, just wish there was an option to turn it off.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    04-27-14 10:41 AM
    Thanks for the input. I guess we'll have to live with it and enjoy our automatic jukebox!

Posted via CB with Q10, my rugged mobile gear
    04-27-14 01:20 PM
    Hi guys,

Just want to share a peculiar phenomenon with my Q10.

Two weeks ago a bought a Flexsmart X3 FM transmitter to stream music from my Q10 to my car audio system. (By the way, I can highly recommend this Flexsmart X3, I works just great).

The very first time, I connected the Flexsmart to my Q10 with Bluetooth, then I started the music app. All went well, Bluetooth connection was stable, running nicely together with a second Bluetooth connection to my car handsfree system, the music came up through the speakers, I was happy.

Since then… each and every time I start my car, my Q10 connects automatically to the Flexsmart - this is normal of course - but a couple of seconds later the music app fires up too and the music starts playing, all by itself !?

Awesome, but a bit spooky.

How is this possible ?
    I believe this to be something of a paranormal phenomenon.
    04-27-14 01:22 PM
    Same for me on my VW golf. Music player just automatically opens. A nice feature, just wish there was an option to turn it off.

When in Advanced Bluetooth settings, you could untick "Connect to last device when turned on".
    This would mean you that have to manually connect when you want to use your car's player.

Posted via CB
    04-27-14 05:08 PM
    When in Advanced Bluetooth settings, you could untick "Connect to last device when turned on".
    This would mean you that have to manually connect when you want to use your car's player.

Posted via CB
    That's correct and here I was thinking we needed to find an exorcist after seeing the caption of this thread ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 10:49 PM
    That's correct and here I was thinking we needed to find an exorcist after seeing the caption of this thread ;-)

Posted via CB10
    But who.. or WHAT is starting the Music App?
    (Runs screaming from the thread) :'(

Posted via CB
    04-27-14 11:52 PM
    But who.. or WHAT is starting the Music App?
    (Runs screaming from the thread) :'(

Posted via CB
    Poltergeist!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 07:55 AM

Posted via CB
    Yes, but I would have to manually connect for the phone connection also. It doesn't matter if I do it manually or automatically. As soon as I connect to the car manually or automatically it starts the music player. If I catch it quick on my cars display I can cancel the connection for music integration. Its just a hastle. My 9930 had the option to turn off music sync.

04-28-14 08:38 AM
    I have noticed this too with my BT headset. However, the "auto" playback stops happening after a few automatic re-pairing of the devices.
    You could also use Neutron, at least that one goes back to where you left on purpose.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 11:14 PM
    I have noticed this too with my BT headset. However, the "auto" playback stops happening after a few automatic re-pairing of the devices.
    You could also use Neutron, at least that one goes back to where you left on purpose.

Posted via CB10
    If the Neutron Player was set as the default Music App, then this wouldn't occur?

Recommended Music Player App too, by the way

Posted via CB
    05-01-14 02:01 AM