Anddddd... it's not as bad as you think.

I work for an academic society/club at the University of Toronto at Mississauga and we often try to workout sponsorship deals with external firms.

The owner has 2 locations in Mississauga.

Before I left I asked him if they still stock BlackBerry's, he said yup - even had a few z30s. He said the sales are not horrible (like somewhat decent was the vibe I got) and that he is very excited for the classic as he thinks it will sell well.

He was down on the passport however, as he thinks there is no room to comfortably hold and type on the device since the keyboard is so small and low and there is barely any plastic bezel/frame underneath the keyboard.

I was surprised not to hear the oft rumored "blackberry is bankrupt and they don't sell phones anymore" response from all of the ill-informed muppets working In this industry.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1, ptpete, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    08-11-14 11:57 AM
    A lot of stores in Canada are still positive, or optimistic anyway, about BlackBerry.

Hopefully some decent products and excellent marketing will make consumers feel the same.
    garrett lajoie likes this.
    08-11-14 12:01 PM
    That is awesome, we need more of those!

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-11-14 12:09 PM
    Should have asked him for a leak of 10.3 since they are testing it.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 12:18 PM
    Ya but you were talking to the owner though. If the owner said that blackberry is bankrupted or something of that nature than he would not be fit to own a rogers.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 12:29 PM
    I didn't think Rogers franchised their stores. I know bell does. Interesting.

Posted via CB10
    bintheredundat likes this.
    08-11-14 04:46 PM
    Meh the only thing I can find is they don't do franchises anymore

If someone has other information please let me know.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 05:07 PM
    I hear alot of store reps telling people BB phone's have been discontinued....slow etc!!
    08-11-14 05:07 PM
    I don't see much support for BlackBerry by Rogers. They flip flop brand support all the time. Locally they are on a major Samsung push. They carry the z10 and q10 only. Z30 is a well kept secret that they will order for you. They display the Q5 but keep none in stock. Actually, I swear Rogers does its best to make BlackBerry look very bad but carry the devices so they look "Canadian". If Bell service ever comes to our work area then I am slamming the door shut on Rogers. Right now we are stuck.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 07:14 AM
    Nice to hear but not surprising. The greater Toronto area is the largest market in Canada for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 09:31 AM
    I don't see much support for BlackBerry by Rogers. They flip flop brand support all the time. Locally they are on a major Samsung push. They carry the z10 and q10 only. Z30 is a well kept secret that they will order for you. They display the Q5 but keep none in stock. Actually, I swear Rogers does its best to make BlackBerry look very bad but carry the devices so they look "Canadian". If Bell service ever comes to our work area then I am slamming the door shut on Rogers. Right now we are stuck.

Posted via CB10
    http://berryflow.com/2014/07/blackbe...retail-stores/

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 12:04 PM
    Not at our Roger Retail store. The staff is very anti BlackBerry. Was just there last Friday. On display was only a Q5 and not working. Z10 in stock in a drawer. NO Q10, Z30 in stock. Had to order. The Q5 wasn't in stock either. Even though it was on display. Rogers is pathetic at best.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 05:55 PM
    Nice to hear but not surprising. The greater Toronto area is the largest market in Canada for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't the GTA the largest market in Canada for just about anything??

Like Sydney and Melbourne here down under...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-12-14 06:32 PM
    Meh the only thing I can find is they don't do franchises anymore

If someone has other information please let me know.

Posted via CB10
    As far as i know u can be an authorized dealer. And thus franchise those stores. Rogers retook all their stores over a few years ago. Ie Rogers plus was once owned by intertan (radioshack) but due to crappy everything Rogers took back control. This was my understandjng anyway. So any store with Rogers on it is a corporate store.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 08:32 PM
    As far as i know u can be an authorized dealer. And thus franchise those stores. Rogers retook all their stores over a few years ago. Ie Rogers plus was once owned by intertan (radioshack) but due to crappy everything Rogers took back control. This was my understandjng anyway. So any store with Rogers on it is a corporate store.

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm maybe that's the case then.... it sounded like he owned the location though. when I used the term corporately owned he was quick to correct me.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 12:34 AM
    Rogers Plus stores are indeed owned and operated by Rogers directly. Rogers does not allow franchising directly anymore but did in the past, Infact the majority of stores in QC, BC & SK are franchise owned.
    08-13-14 10:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Bought my last Berry at The Source. Went in last week and not a BB in site and got "we don't sell BB anymore story" That's ok though, as I never intend to buy a phone on contract ever. I'll happily abandon suppliers or carriers that don't support me or my crack., works both ways.
    08-13-14 09:48 PM
    Bought my last Berry at The Source. Went in last week and not a BB in site and got "we don't sell BB anymore story" That's ok though, as I never intend to buy a phone on contract ever. I'll happily abandon suppliers or carriers that don't support me or my crack., works both ways.
    Here every Source store has BlackBerrys and a number of cases etc.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Via limited WiFi connection)
    08-14-14 12:28 AM
    Then I would happily spend my dollars there.
    thanks
    08-14-14 10:59 AM
    Rogers Plus stores are indeed owned and operated by Rogers directly. Rogers does not allow franchising directly anymore but did in the past, Infact the majority of stores in QC, BC & SK are franchise owned.
    Agreed. Tons of Rogers stores here in BC are franchise owned.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 11:06 AM