ok, i just spilled sprite all over the front of my phone including the keys and screen, i wiped off what i could but since i was driving at the time, i know some of it got into the phone. Well about 5 mins later, I noticed the reboot screen came up and it took twice as long to reboot as usual. Did this happen cause of me spilling soda on it and should i be worried? All the keys seem to be working fine but is there a way to like get the soda out of the phone? Thanks to anyone who can help!!
    12-02-09 02:44 PM
    Take the battery out for awhile to let it dry out. You can also dry it out with rice.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ten-wet-314679
    Last edited by hondateg91; 12-02-09 at 02:53 PM.
    12-02-09 02:51 PM
    how long should i leave it out? and how exactly do i dry it out with rice?
    12-02-09 02:52 PM
    There is a way to get water out of the device, sometimes. Unfortunately, because the Sprite has sugar in it, once the water portion is gone, it will probably leave a residue. Did your "pink" sticker change color to indicate that it got wet? If so, there's nothing you can do.
    12-02-09 02:53 PM
    That totally sucks What exactly do you mean by pink sticker?
    12-02-09 02:57 PM
    Theres a little white sticker by the battery with a red stripe in the middle. If the red stripe is gone it indicates its been wet.
    12-02-09 03:08 PM
    Theres a little white sticker by the battery with a red stripe in the middle. If the red stripe is gone it indicates its been wet.
    mine is a red sticker with a white vertical stripe going down the middle and it is still there so that is a good sign right?
    12-02-09 03:17 PM
    Put it in a bag of rice and keep your fingers crossed.
    12-02-09 03:18 PM
    Also, if you haven't already, you would probably want to back up everything on your phone ASAP after you dry it out through Desktop Manager just in case further issues arise.
    12-02-09 03:19 PM
    ok thanks but just a quick question? is the rice thing necessary? i have to go to work in a half hour and i kinda need my phone
    12-02-09 03:21 PM
    Take the battery out IMMEDIATELY!!!! Then follow proceedure 2, the one for liquid that dries sticky.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...en-wet-314679/

ok thanks but just a quick question? is the rice thing necessary? i have to go to work in a half hour and i kinda need my phone
    If you want to salvage the phone, it's out of commission tonight. You need to get it cleaned out with pure alcohol, rice is not enough in this case as the sugar is worse that the fact that it's wet. The phone should be off for 24 to 48 hours as you clean it with the alcohol, then let it dry.
    12-02-09 03:25 PM
    ok i pulled the battery, since i work in half an hour i won't be able to clean it for about 6-7 hours from now, is that still ok? and i only just pulled the battery now, about an hour after it happened, will this have any effect? thanks!
    12-02-09 03:29 PM
    Better than rice is cat litter or a bag of damp-rid. I had my girlfriend do the same thing to my curve 8310 and managed to recover it with cat litter.
    12-02-09 03:29 PM
    ok, i'm about to do step 2 in the sticky liquid process one. How long do i have to leave it in the alcohol and i dunk it in the alcohol right? like soak it? And how long do i need to let it dry?
    12-02-09 10:09 PM
    A minute or two in the alcohol. Drying time of NOT LESS than 24 hours. Personally
    I would go 48. The important thing is no cheating. DO NOT try testing it until
    it is completely dry.
    12-02-09 10:14 PM
    ok thank you, i will go atleast 24 hours, i'll aim for 48, it might be a little hard for me, i'm going crazy without my phone lol, should i take out the sim and memory cards first?
    12-02-09 10:26 PM
    Take the battery out for awhile to let it dry out. You can also dry it out with rice.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ten-wet-314679
    Do exactly what he said. Get a bowl of dry rice, take out the battery and out both the phone and battery deep inside the bowl. The rice should absorb everything but do it as soon as possible

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 10:33 PM
    Take everything out of the phone all cards and battery

12-02-09 10:35 PM
    ok thank you, i will go atleast 24 hours, i'll aim for 48, it might be a little hard for me, i'm going crazy without my phone lol, should i take out the sim and memory cards first?
    It is not nearly as hard as you think. Trust me.

However, if you do this wrong you will be without a phone for much longer
    than 48 hours. Pick your poison as they say
    12-02-09 10:41 PM
    thanks, i found a back up phone to use in the meantime so i should be ok. I'm having some trouble getting the memory card out first though lol
    12-02-09 10:46 PM
    ok, it has been 48 hours and i put my battery in, my screen is all jacked up, i don't have any signal whatsoever, and it won't read my SIM card. I'm guessing I'll be getting a new phone tomorrow right? Or is there something else i can do?
    12-04-09 11:47 PM
    Yes sounds like its toast. sorry

12-04-09 11:51 PM
    I agree with pk. That thing is as dead as fried chicken.
    12-04-09 11:59 PM
    awww, that sucks thanks to everyone for the help though! I'll be getting a new one tomorrow!
    12-05-09 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD