Pretty sure it should be called the BlackBerry Arrow.

Those in Canada might understand the reference to the ill fated Avro Arrow. For those that don't, I will make a huge generalization and say that it was a Canadian developed aircraft in the 1950s that was insanely ahead of its time! It was said to run circles around anything and would still be a viable aircraft with some upgrades over time. Cost overruns, competition sabotage, market shift towards another technology, DELAYS and failure to captivate the right people led to its cancellation well into testing and certification. The result was that A.V. Roe Canada went belly up because it hinged everything on the incredible technology. A lot of the highly skilled engineers and scientists went on to other companies and agencies such as NASA and help put men on the moon.

Now, BB10 is not as revolutionary as the Arrow was in its time and OF COURSE one is a plane and another is a phone but I can't help but be reminded of some general similarities in the development story...

Disclaimer: yes I am pissed at missing a 2012 launch. The numbers we expected but sorry, they needed to get this out before Black Friday and Christmas. This is the first time I have ever actually thought we might not see BB10 at all....at least not by RIM.
    06-29-12 08:11 AM
    Uhh...you know what happened to the Avro Arrow, right? You even said it in your post. Why associate a revolutionary device with another failed canadian technology? While I (as a Canadian) am proud of the Arrow project that was unfortunately scrapped, RIM doesn't need the association.
    06-29-12 09:49 AM
    I think the Blackberry Mirage is the best name for it.

It's pretty much an illusion at this point.
    06-29-12 10:12 AM
    I think the Blackberry Mirage is the best name for it.
    It's pretty much an illusion at this point.
    at least we (FR) sold alot of them
    06-29-12 10:18 AM
    Blackberry vapour? Blackberry delayed?

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    06-29-12 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD