Qnx can make money. It's amazing.

Posted via SEGA master system

QNX?!? Seriously?!?

LOLOLOL!

Before BBRY bought QNX, their revenue was 40 million a year. That's nothing!

Now lets be super generous, and assume that QNXs business had doubled since then, and that they earn 40 million pure profit every year... Then it would take over ONE HUNDRED YEARS for this deal to make its money back.

(Sure, they might sell QNX for a couple of hundred million dollars, but by itself QNX isn't much of an earner for BBRY)
    09-23-13 05:38 PM
    That's a lot of planning for a company that seemingly can't make deadlines, fails to anticipate change and misreads just about everything. Or all of those screw ups could have just been BlackBerry's version of Muhammad Ali's tried and true "Rope-a-Dope" Who knows?
    True, buy when you get 55 million...

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:38 PM
    I'm being emotional, i an sad, angry and all yhe sorts, trying to sugar coat this is hard because i'll just eat it.

If you read the press correctly you will notice that:

- There will be no more BlackBerry devices or atleast that we can afford.
    - No more exciting news or leaks due to privatisation or maybe less than now.
    - Developers support will be worse than today.
    - They said it and forces it on the press that BlackBerry will be taking enterprise so only BES were the money is.

Overall i know a lot of people are 'sort of applauding this' but if you know any better this is the wax seal and a goos bye to BlackBerry we all love and know. I might be emotional but my guts instict is that it's time to swipe down the BB10 to night mode.

Gees

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:50 PM
    It sure is odd though, how BBRY was at around 11$ all month long, and at 14$ a couple of months ago...

I wonder if Fairfax could have afforded to pay more than 5 billion dollars... I guess not.

But considering the 3 billion dollars BBRY has in cash, Fairfax values all the rest of the company: Patents, QNX, BBM, MDM software, etc. at only 1.7 billion dollars? Seems a little low, no?
    09-23-13 05:52 PM
    It sure is odd though, how BBRY was at around 11$ all month long, and at 14$ a couple of months ago...

I wonder if Fairfax could have afforded to pay more than 5 billion dollars... I guess not.

But considering the 3 billion dollars BBRY has in cash, Fairfax values all the rest of the company: Patents, QNX, BBM, MDM software, etc. at only 1.7 billion dollars? Seems a little low, no?
    Yes, this is the "value for shareholders" BlackBerry has strived so mightily to create.

Where's BBM in all this? When did the announcement that "1.1 Million" had signed up occur, with respect to the inking (in principle) of this deal?

Who leaked the faulty BBM app that resulted in volumes of data "orders of magnitude" above what they expected? They wrote such a faulty piece of software? (But only found the fault once it was released in the wild?)

So, really, anybody from BlackBerry who has the ability to 'sneak and leak' code could, at any point, introduce another sideloadable .apk, from at any point in the development cycle? (Which might wreak havoc again, notwithstanding the undisclosed steps BB is taking to "prevent" this from happening again. Whatever "this" was...)

Seems a bit odd, how old was this leaked version? Software security, BlackBerry? Maybe time to start thinking about that a bit, create some value for the new owners anyway.
    09-23-13 06:10 PM
    I think Fairfax forced BlackBerry to declare before hand that they are losing money so they could buy it out cheap... its like... if you don't declare I will not buy you.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:17 PM
    So amazing that all major companies passed on it when it was on sale. If it was amazing Microsoft,Google, or Apple would have taken it
    They were never given the chance. It was somd first and directly to Rim. So ya....so amazing.
    09-23-13 06:19 PM
    QNX?!? Seriously?!?

LOLOLOL!

Now lets be super generous, and assume that QNXs business had doubled since then, and that they earn 40 million pure profit every year... Then it would take over ONE HUNDRED YEARS for this deal to make its money back.

(Sure, they might sell QNX for a couple of hundred million dollars, but by itself QNX isn't much of an earner for BBRY)
    Their u.s. govt contracts alone are worth more than that.
    09-23-13 06:21 PM
    did i say planned? and let ,me know what made them their money recently if you know so much. couldnt be qnx division? could it?
    /
    LMAO. Did you not see the space in between comments? Before you attempted to be a SA, did it ever occur to you that I was going back to the "original" post ....because it's mentioned there? Hmm? Maybe?
    09-23-13 06:53 PM
    Its common practice (and a regulatory requirement) to provide forewarning if earnings are well out of previously communicated expectation.
    I don't know much about local regulations, bu as far as I remember, everyone was waiting for huge loss. Not profit, even small loss was unexpected. Yeah, huge loss was known to be announced.
    09-24-13 02:08 AM
    Their u.s. govt contracts alone are worth more than that.
    No, no, no. Do a little googling. QNX entire revenue before BBRY picked them up, was 40 million dollars a year. Not profits. THE... ENTIRE... REVENUE...

That's why many analysts thought that BBRY overpaid with the 200 million dollars they paid for it.

And anybody could have picked up QNX to buy if they had wanted to. Apple, Google, Microsoft...
    It was owned by a audio/infotainment company from 2004-2010, and was an independent company before then. Blackberry was merely the only company who thought they might need QNX.
    09-24-13 02:22 AM
    if this thread reflects sentiments of people inside BlackBerry shareholders as well, then there are quite a number of camps:

a) privatize and dismantle
    b) privatize and move on.
    c) status quo
    d) buy out / partner with another entity
    e) dismantle and close shop

but it seems a hell lot is in the camp of "do anything, but remember to dismantle and sell it high" or "i don't give a rats ***, just gimme usd100 per share" camp here. right in this thread.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    09-24-13 03:57 AM
    There was definitely more than what meets the eye, as far as the BBM Pullback is concerned..
    maybe as the OP put it or the Watsa/Fairfax Team is against BBM going cross platform for whatever reason...
    09-25-13 01:16 PM
    There was definitely more than what meets the eye, as far as the BBM Pullback is concerned..
    maybe as the OP put it or the Watsa/Fairfax Team is against BBM going cross platform for whatever reason...
    Perhaps to maintain their military and government contracts. Consumers will be out of BBRY.
    09-25-13 01:22 PM
    So this is it, BlackBerry is going private and i will proof that what happened this weekend was all planned. I'm a stock holder and have a few devices from BlackBerry.

Announcement on Friday that BlackBerry lost $1b, of course stock tumbles.
    Over the weekend BBM released, this could have had a positive up on the stock on monday when the stock opens, guess what they pulled it back so it doesnt effect the market.
    Jet plan purchased in July for 29M
    And today BlackBerry signed letter that BlackBerry will go private with $9 a share.

Does it make sens now?

I love BlackBerry and as much as this venture will eventually help BlackBerry florish, i think this was all planned. I'm not an armchair ceo bit just an opinion of what happened over the weekend.

It's business... all business.

Posted via CB10

Absolutely! You have every right to be suspicious of these actions.

Sent from my Z10
    09-25-13 01:29 PM
    QNX?!? Seriously?!?

LOLOLOL!

Who would buy a software company that can't deliver on time?
    09-25-13 01:31 PM
    No, no, no. Do a little googling. QNX entire revenue before BBRY picked them up, was 40 million dollars a year. Not profits. THE... ENTIRE... REVENUE...

That's why many analysts thought that BBRY overpaid with the 200 million dollars they paid for it.

And anybody could have picked up QNX to buy if they had wanted to. Apple, Google, Microsoft...
    It was owned by a audio/infotainment company from 2004-2010, and was an independent company before then. Blackberry was merely the only company who thought they might need QNX.
    Really? The ceo at the time of qnx shopped it to blackberry only. ..nonone else had a chance to buy it or look at books. Just BB
    09-25-13 03:29 PM
    09-25-13 10:24 PM
68 123