I made the mistake of clicking on a link in a Twitter tweet on my BB and now I believe spam emails are being sent to everyone in my BB contacts. I received a Delivery Failure Notification message for one of these spam emails for a contact who is only on my BB so the spam emails must be coming from the BB. No one has had access to my BB (I've only had it less than a week) so these spam emails are being sent remotely, but since the BB is supposedly virus-proof I don't know how this could be happening.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
    12-18-10 08:55 AM
    Theres no way it is sending out emails from your device just from clicking a link. An app would have had to be installed on your phone, then you would have had to grant it permissions. Is this a blackberry.net acct?
    12-18-10 09:06 AM
    Theres no way it is sending out emails from your device just from clicking a link. An app would have had to be installed on your phone, then you would have had to grant it permissions. Is this a blackberry.net acct?
    No, it's an MSN account. When this first happened, I deleted all the contacts from my MSN online contact list except for one that I knew was no longer valid. I also left one contact email address on my BB that was also no longer valid. During the middle of the night (when my PC was turned off) spam emails were sent to both of the defunct email addresses. So I know one was sent from my online MSN account, but the other address only existed on my BB.
    12-18-10 09:23 AM
    My hotmail account was hacked .. Resolved now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 11:38 AM
    After reading lak611's link above ^^^, if you're problem still persists, is there any chance you downloaded any apps from the Jared Company? It seems that their apps often have trojan-style issues that involve email. Just a thought . . .
    12-18-10 09:45 PM
    After reading lak611's link above ^^^, if you're problem still persists, is there any chance you downloaded any apps from the Jared Company? It seems that their apps often have trojan-style issues that involve email. Just a thought . . .
    I wonder why they haven't been banned from appworld? Breaching things is badass, RIM should be notified right away.

12-18-10 10:04 PM
    My hotmail account was hacked .. Resolved now!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/stop...otmail-568014/

Sheeshy...

Last edited by Rootbrian; 12-18-10 at 10:11 PM.
    12-18-10 10:05 PM
    Log into your Hotmail account and change your password and security reset questions... problem solved. I've had other people that this has happened to and these simple steps fixes the issues. Someone's gotten a hold of your password and is using that account to send SPAM out. When those emails fail, you get an NDR report that comes to that account, which inturn shows up on your BB.
    12-18-10 11:01 PM
    I wonder why they haven't been banned from appworld? Breaching things is badass, RIM should be notified right away.
    Good question. I've wondered the same thing. If it's general knowledge that Jared apps are invasive, I can't figure out why their products are still offered. I've only been on CrackBerry a short time and learned very quickly that their flashlight app and others send spam, subject you to ads, etc. Why they're still allowed to play in RIM's league is quite a conundrum to me.
    12-21-10 03:28 PM
    The app Drive Safe.ly sends out reply messages that sound spammy. Do you have that app by any chance?

12-21-10 03:34 PM
    It's also very easy for a spammer to make it look like the email is coming from your email address. I could write a script in a few minutes that would let me set the from address to any email address that I want. They may have never accessed your BB or your MSN account.
    12-21-10 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD