I have been having a reoccuring issue with my Curve. I have the sound on, and can hear the speakerphone fine.

If I receive a vidio clip with sound I can't hear it even though the volume says it's on 9! After receiving an email like that it seems to disable the sound in all modes and I have to reinstate using the voice command, that seems to turn the sound back on.

Don't know how deal with that, I'm thinking there is a mute which is being enabled but don't know fer sure.
    04-14-09 08:51 AM
    I had a similar problem with my wife's Curve, and your post pointed me in the direction to solve it. She couldn't get the Curve to play an mp3 - it just refused to play them. And it could play video, but the video was mute (not like those newfangled "talkie" pictures).

It turned out that the voice memo recorder just kept running, so the phone could play video, but couldn't play the audio part of videos or mp3s. There were 25 voice memos, each 10 minutes long, and she had no idea how she accidentally turned started it. As soon as the voice memo recorder was stopped (and the files deleted to free memory), the Curve started to work normally.

The confusing part is that I tried restarting the phone, but that somehow didn't fix the problem.
    04-21-09 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD