03-03-16 12:11 AM
    [WARN]Personal Attacks or Insults to Members
    Constructive discussions, debates, and free speech are encouraged in the forums. However, it is not constructive to criticize or insult another member because their opinion differs from yours. Consider the tone of your posts before pressing the submit button. If you are irritated by a post, thread, question, or topic, you are in no way obligated to respond and are encouraged to move along to another thread.[/WARN]

Some cleanup at no cost, next one will hurt.
    Stand on topic and play nice, thanks.
    SF
    pkcable and zephyr613 like this.
    03-03-16 03:50 AM
    Cool phone.

*C5303
    03-03-16 04:08 AM
    So you're saying BlackBerry should build an Android phone? I think they did that already

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    03-03-16 05:44 AM
    So you're saying BlackBerry should build an Android phone? I think they did that already

No. Did you see the FLIR camera built into the phone? The FLIR camera add-on for an iDroid is $250, so built into a phone that sells for $599 isn't too bad.

To me, this phone is a proper business/commercial product. Every middle-management yuppie type can get by with an iDroid, but this would be a great device for various tradespeople..
    03-03-16 10:50 AM

To me, this phone is a proper business/commercial product. Every middle-management yuppie type can get by with an iDroid, but this would be a great device for various tradespeople..
    That's a device with an incredibly smaller niche than BB10 has now. Neat feature I guess, but there's a reason it's a private label device as opposed to a mass market handset.

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    03-04-16 05:03 AM
    That's a device with an incredibly smaller niche than BB10 has now. Neat feature I guess, but there's a reason it's a private label device as opposed to a mass market handset.
    I guess it'll be a money loser and they'll just not bother selling them.

Yes, I know it's a niche product, but it's a great tool for anyone in the HVAC/Electrical/Insulation/Building inspection business.
    03-04-16 11:39 AM
    I guess it'll be a money loser and they'll just not bother selling them.

Yes, I know it's a niche product, but it's a great tool for anyone in the HVAC/Electrical/Insulation/Building inspection business.
    There's nothing wrong with the device, you're just not going to find it from the major handset manufacturers or carriers. Cat can afford to do it because there's no design cost for them since it's likely using off the shelf parts from whatever contract manufacturer they're using for it. Since they have a decent industrial footprint, they can also afford to either write off losses, or bundle them in with other products if they don't get the return they're looking for. I can see them moving some of these, but not in great numbers, and likely most of them won't have a SIM. This really would make a great Push to Talk style device like the old Nextel network used, especially in the market they're targeting.
    03-04-16 12:19 PM
    Gotta say this CAT phone is really tempting!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 12:33 PM
    HP X3 it's another hot phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 12:41 PM
    I'll stick with my priv

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-04-16 12:42 PM
    A rugged Blackberry running OS10 would be cool, but I wouldn't want it to look like that.
    03-04-16 07:00 PM
    That is a very cool phone that BlackBerry should be making!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 01:43 AM