Okay, I have a Storm 2, the only smartphone that I've ever owned, but I am tired of the constant problems that I have with it and it's great number of limitations. Therefore, I'm considering other options, but am overwhelmed by the vast majority of options.

In short I'm looking for the following options on my new phone in order of importance.

1. Blazing fast internet speeds
    2. Large, bright screen
    3. Ability to sync with Outlook
    4. Huge app store
    5. Ability to play flash videos

My current choices are as follows.

1. Droid X (love the big, bright screen)
    2. Samsung fascinate (my main gripe here is that the screen seems dim by comparison to others)
    3. iphone4 (screen isn't large enough)
    4. New phones?

Can anybody provide pros and cons of each choice? Also, is there something new on the horizon that I should wait for? I'm not in an area that has 4g service.

Thanks.
    03-31-11 01:28 PM
    you could go with the samsung nexus S (by google).

Pros:
    - It is vanilla android (you get updates when google releases them, you dont have to wait for carrier updates)
    - Huge AMOLED countour display (the display is curved to rest nicely on your face)
    - Android 2.3 OS (few phones have this currently)
    - android has one of the fastest web browsers of all mobile devices
    - bigger appworld than blackberry, and windows phone 7
    - has Near field communications chip in the back (so you can use your phone as a credit card and for other NFC uses)

cons:
    - cheaper build quality (like all samsung phones, just buy the otter box case for it when it comes out)
    - 16 gb of internal memory (no expandible SD card slot)
    - Currently is only avaliable at T-mobile (i think theres a 4G sprint one too), in about 2 weeks it will be here in canada on every carrier, so it will probably come to the other carriers in the states too
    - expensive (almost 600 dollars not on a contract)

I just sold my Bold 9700, sorry RIM, you should have thought about your older phone models when making OS6 (the bold 9700 is old?), it runs so badly on my phone and i cannot bare to go back to OS5.
    I should be able to load the RIM website without problems on a RIM product right?.

I will be getting the nexus S as soon as its in canada 3 weeks from now(canada sucks we get phones 5 months after they come out, and we are right next to the Unites states, is it really that hard to get them to us?).
    Last edited by brent0007; 03-31-11 at 01:53 PM.
    03-31-11 01:38 PM
    If you live in the U.S., NOBODY has 4G, no matter what they say. I now have an iPhone4 as my everyday phone, but keep my BB9000 as a trusty back-up. I like my iPhone, but almost bought an EVO 4G. I decided to stay with AT&T, because i think Sprint blows, and i hate Dan Hesse's commercials.
    03-31-11 01:42 PM
    What is "vanilla android?"
    03-31-11 01:44 PM
    If you live in the U.S., NOBODY has 4G, no matter what they say. I now have an iPhone4 as my everyday phone, but keep my BB9000 as a trusty back-up. I like my iPhone, but almost bought an EVO 4G. I decided to stay with AT&T, because i think Sprint blows, and i hate Dan Hesse's commercials.
    I am with Verizon and must remain there due to limited coverage availability in my area.
    03-31-11 01:45 PM
    thunderbolt

or incredible 2
    03-31-11 01:49 PM
    kthanxbye!
    03-31-11 01:50 PM
    see you in cyberspace. Enjoy your new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-11 01:55 PM
    In my opinion in your 5 critria #s 2,4, and 5 almost limit you to an android phone. That being said #1 isntbased on your device but your carrier. As far as #3 is concerned I believe android,and ios can synch with outlook. I think its just alittle tricker. I can't remember what it was but we had to do something special to synch my daughtwr's captivate.

03-31-11 02:07 PM
    Does anyone here have any take on how to fix BIS issues i'm a 9700 my carrier does not provide 3G as of yet so im still on edge, no pun intended; how ever i recently upgraded my os from os 5 to that of 6.0.0.461 it was then that my phone started to drop BIS when i contacted my provider i was told that its because the only provide edge and os 6 is a pro 3G operating software, can anyone give me some advice on this, and oh i don't live in the usa. my pin is 229325F7.
    03-31-11 02:08 PM
    What is "vanilla android?"
    Plain Android without a skin on it from the manufacturer like HTC's Sense, Samsung's TouchWiz, Motorola's MotoBlur, etc.

You should check out the Thunderbolt assuming you have Verizon.
    03-31-11 02:08 PM
    Does anyone here have any take on how to fix BIS issues i'm a 9700 my carrier does not provide 3G as of yet so im still on edge, no pun intended; how ever i recently upgraded my os from os 5 to that of 6.0.0.461 it was then that my phone started to drop BIS when i contacted my provider i was told that its because the only provide edge and os 6 is a pro 3G operating software, can anyone give me some advice on this, and oh i don't live in the usa. my pin is 229325F7.
    Check your service books if you have a Blackberry Internet Browsing service 2 , if you have then del it & it will work fine.
    03-31-11 02:13 PM
    Why are you hijacking this thread?
    03-31-11 02:20 PM
    In my opinion in your 5 critria #s 2,4, and 5 almost limit you to an android phone. That being said #1 isntbased on your device but your carrier. As far as #3 is concerned I believe android,and ios can synch with outlook. I think its just alittle tricker. I can't remember what it was but we had to do something special to synch my daughtwr's captivate.

One of the reasons I bought a smartphone was to be able to search the internet when I'm away from my computer and the BB is sooo slow when it comes to browsing that it's pretty much useless for my needs. However I know that other phones on the same carrier seem to be much faster. Is one platform faster than the other? Or is it just that BB is slower than everybody else?
    03-31-11 02:27 PM
    In short I'm looking for the following options on my new phone in order of importance.

1. Blazing fast internet speeds
    2. Large, bright screen
    3. Ability to sync with Outlook
    4. Huge app store
    5. Ability to play flash videos
    I think you may want a new computer.
    03-31-11 02:30 PM
    I think you may want a new computer.
    Yep, but the size of a pda...isn't that the whole concept of a smartphone?
    03-31-11 02:32 PM
    One of the reasons I bought a smartphone was to be able to search the internet when I'm away from my computer and the BB is sooo slow when it comes to browsing that it's pretty much useless for my needs. However I know that other phones on the same carrier seem to be much faster. Is one platform faster than the other? Or is it just that BB is slower than everybody else?
    pretty much yes....
    03-31-11 02:33 PM
    03-31-11 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD