Just been scouting through afew news outlets and tech blogs and the general reporting seems to be quite positive. They may not be standing up and declaring 'RIM is back!' but they all seem very intrested in what RIM had to say, and actually the general feeling seems to be that people actually WANT BB10 and RIM to succeed, which is a great thing to see from the tech community.

So, job done!

They've done a great job in getting everyones intrest, it really is all up to them now to keep pressing on and get these phones to market on time
    05-01-12 01:50 PM
    Everyone is very cautious you know. Before the playbook came out the early reviews of QNX were pretty good and then RIM dropped the bomb. No native email on the device synonimous with email.
    Hope this time is different.
    05-01-12 03:11 PM
    Analysts have not been so positive, though, as shown by the slight slide in the stock. Many of them saw the announcement as underwhelming, since it does nothing to stop the bleeding until BB10 hardware is actually released. And there are worries that only core BB fans will buy into BB10.

But in the tech press, it's not all gloom and doom, which is good.
    05-01-12 03:25 PM
    BBC News - RIM offers Blackberry 10 prototypes to developers

I'm getting fed up with our public service broadcaster's negative reporting, so I have complained:

"The coverage of the BlackBerry World conference is too narrowly focused negatively on RIM. I watched the keynote speech and was blown away by the preview of BlackBerry 10 - I would suggest that the reporter should watch it as there are some real technological innovations worthy of reporting. Your article gives it the briefest of mentions at the end and fails to report on the content.

A whole raft of statistics was released today about BlackBerry apps. Your article claims that there is little developer interest in creating apps for the BlackBerry OS. Again I would challenge this view, not only did a large portion of developers release statements stating that they are building apps but also the statistics released prove this to be false. 21% increase in blackberry smartphone apps. 200% increase in PlayBook apps. All in the last few months, hardly a dying ecosystem. There are now 99,500 apps in Appworld, against 70,000 at the turn of the year. 25% of those apps are for the PlayBook and will work on the next gen OS previewed at the conference.

My main complaint is that the conference hasn't been reported on properly and the reporting is negative when there was no negative news to report on."

Rant over.
    edu3110 and thymaster like this.
    05-01-12 04:41 PM
    BBC News - RIM offers Blackberry 10 prototypes to developers

I'm getting fed up with our public service broadcaster's negative reporting, so I have complained:

"The coverage of the BlackBerry World conference is too narrowly focused negatively on RIM. I watched the keynote speech and was blown away by the preview of BlackBerry 10 - I would suggest that the reporter should watch it as there are some real technological innovations worthy of reporting. Your article gives it the briefest of mentions at the end and fails to report on the content.

A whole raft of statistics was released today about BlackBerry apps. Your article claims that there is little developer interest in creating apps for the BlackBerry OS. Again I would challenge this view, not only did a large portion of developers release statements stating that they are building apps but also the statistics released prove this to be false. 21% increase in blackberry smartphone apps. 200% increase in PlayBook apps. All in the last few months, hardly a dying ecosystem. There are now 99,500 apps in Appworld, against 70,000 at the turn of the year. 25% of those apps are for the PlayBook and will work on the next gen OS previewed at the conference.

My main complaint is that the conference hasn't been reported on properly and the reporting is negative when there was no negative news to report on."

Rant over.

The same issue was reported on the home page of crackberry about the NY Times. They released an article from BBWC with all the wrong information. In my opinion, I think this happens because these networks send non-techonoly knowledgeable reporters whereas they don't see beyond apps. RIM released so much information today that it mades them look stupid, unreliable and their inclination to other platforms.
    thymaster likes this.
    05-01-12 06:05 PM
    The same issue was reported on the home page of crackberry about the NY Times. They released an article from BBWC with all the wrong information. In my opinion, I think this happens because these networks send non-techonoly knowledgeable reporters whereas they don't see beyond apps. RIM released so much information today that it mades them look stupid, unreliable and their inclination to other platforms.
    Ah but the difference comparethemeerkat is getting at is that because the BBC is effectively tax payer funded it is required to be impartial on everything, and get both sides of the story. Admittedly there is a raft of things it does not achieve this with, tech being the least significant, but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

The NYT being a corporate entity, can write whatever biased rubbish it wants, however irritating it may be for us.
    LivinThing82 likes this.
    05-01-12 06:18 PM
    So many media outlets getting details wrong glaringly points to their levels of incompetence

Aren't they trying to be better than bloggers
    05-01-12 07:31 PM
    Ah but the difference comparethemeerkat is getting at is that because the BBC is effectively tax payer funded it is required to be impartial on everything, and get both sides of the story. Admittedly there is a raft of things it does not achieve this with, tech being the least significant, but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

The NYT being a corporate entity, can write whatever biased rubbish it wants, however irritating it may be for us.
    Exactly, much in the same way that I cant stand The Telegraphs bias towards apple devices - I can't really complain, so I just don't go there any more.

The BBC however has no excuses and I've just taken issue with them over their lack of apps for playbook in appworld - even though the android versions have been tested and are working when sideloaded.
    05-01-12 07:53 PM
    Precisely. Check out this - for lack of a better or more professional term - stupid article at ZDNET:

RIM's BlackBerry 10 platform: Do you believe? Probably not | ZDNet

Do these people even pay attention during the conference or are they trying to level Angry Birds?
    05-01-12 08:11 PM
    The New York Times .... .

must be on the Apple payroll.
    Last edited by GoRIMGo; 05-01-12 at 08:25 PM. Reason: make it less negative ;-)
    robluck82 likes this.
    05-01-12 08:19 PM
    Reporting and comments from the The Verge also mainly positive.
    05-01-12 08:23 PM
    Good article here http://www.knowyourmobile.com/featur...kberry_10.html
    Last edited by stewartj1; 05-01-12 at 08:38 PM.
    GoRIMGo likes this.
    05-01-12 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD