Will Android happen or was it all rumor? Im really surprised because Chen introduced the Passport and Classic 1 year ago almost same date. Which event will be next where they will introduce it? In September or October or before that?

I think we should really stick to introducing the phones the day of before the launch. Doing it months earlier doesn’t build anticipation and it isn’t a big deal when the day comes. Itll bring more of the press and coverage from the media.
    06-23-15 12:49 PM
    For us BlackBerry fans, this is the question we all have. Wonder when it will be answered.
    06-23-15 12:51 PM
    Will Android happen or was it all rumor?
    A rumor.
    John Chen seemed a little annoyed by the question in an interview after the meeting. No mention in the meeting.

Im really surprised because Chen introduced the Passport and Classic 1 year ago almost same date. Which event will be next where they will introduce it? In September or October or before that?

I think we should really stick to introducing the phones the day of before the launch. Doing it months earlier doesn’t build anticipation and it isn’t a big deal when the day comes. Itll bring more of the press and coverage from the media.
    They will be a new device which is part of the strategy to make the handset business operationally profitable. This device will be released at the end of the year. Mentioned in the meeting and in interviews.
    06-23-15 01:39 PM
    A rumor.
    John Chen seemed a little annoyed by the question in an interview after the meeting. No mention in the meeting.

They will be a new device which is part of the strategy to make the handset business operationally profitable. This device will be released at the end of the year. Mentioned in the meeting and in interviews.
    Let's see very limited customer base that is mostly interested in security.... how about a SecuPhone - Secusmart/IBM/Samsung Phone to go along with the Tablet. Price that baby at about $1800 and they are sure to become operationally profitable, even if they only sell 200K of them.

Either way it looks like the end of this year before they announce anything, which would mean that IF Verizon was going to carry it... it would be Feb/March of 2016 before I'd be able to buy it.
    06-23-15 01:57 PM
    Let's see very limited customer base that is mostly interested in security.... how about a SecuPhone - Secusmart/IBM/Samsung Phone to go along with the Tablet. Price that baby at about $1800 and they are sure to become operationally profitable, even if they only sell 200K of them.

Either way it looks like the end of this year before they announce anything, which would mean that IF Verizon was going to carry it... it would be Feb/March of 2016 before I'd be able to buy it.
    Secusmart is now virtual as it can be achieved with software.
    It will be sold as a service. Revenue from the Secusmart, WatchDox and Morvirtu acquisitions will lead to "an up tick" in revenues later this year.
    06-23-15 02:08 PM
    Secusmart is now virtual as it can be achieved with software.
    It will be sold as a service. Revenue from the Secusmart, WatchDox and Morvirtu acquisitions will lead to "an up tick" in revenues later this year.
    Secusmart Tablet a virtual solution, or is there something in the hardware? I don't really know, but it is an awfully expensive tablet.
    06-23-15 02:47 PM
    Secusmart Tablet a virtual solution, or is there something in the hardware? I don't really know, but it is an awfully expensive tablet.
    Secusmart Tablet was a done deal before BlackBerry bought them.
    What they are saying now is, you don't need a SD card to make the phone/tablet/device secure, they can do it with software.

Secure Voice - Secusmart / Morvirtu
    Secure Data - BES / Morvirtu
    Secure Files - WatchDox
    Secure Messaging - BBM Protect
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-23-15 02:53 PM
    I want the new BlackBerry 10 only . The all-touch Z30 successor . I do not care for android at all.

  
    thymaster likes this.
    06-24-15 01:15 AM
    Count me too.

I want the new BlackBerry 10 only . The all-touch Z30 successor . I do not care for android at all.

  
    06-24-15 01:31 AM

  
    Me too. I would rather fall into the niche category than own a android or apple device.
    thymaster and will308 like this.
    06-24-15 01:52 AM
    I would pay a premium for a stable phone than go with what is currently being offered by android.

Z30 10.3.2.2252
    thymaster likes this.
    06-24-15 11:14 AM
    Me too. I would rather fall into the niche category than own a android or apple device.
    Fall into the hands of Apple or Android....?

Choice between walled garden or data kraken?

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-24-15 04:50 PM
    I would not buy a droid blackberry phone
    06-24-15 05:00 PM