Hello fellow berryiers,

So I use to have a program on my phone through verison v cast called song id where i could hold my phone up to a speaker or as close to music that i did not know, but liked, or even knew, and did not want to forget to get later. You open the application push "get song" and in 15 seconds the porgam tell you the song, artist, and album and even has options to buy it. Since I upgraded to blackberry i have been trying to find this, but since blackberry's dont have v cast i became disapointed. I went the local stores, online, called up verison customer service nothing....but today i was off from work and determined to find something. AND I DID

SHAZAM....

you can get it by going to shazam . com and clicking the link for blackberrys.

but your need to down load the blackberry application

shazam . com /music/web/pages/blackberry.html]Shazam[/url]

download black berry world app if you dont have it then search for shazam

it is free for a month and for 5 songs to idenify "tag" or you can buy it for a one time offer of $4.99 and it is totally worth it.

I also found another cool app called nobex radio companion
    nobexrc . com /download.aspx]Nobex Radio Companion - Download[/url]

it does not identify the song by listening to it. it only does certain radio stations in the us. You type in the station number or frequency and it will tell you the last like 10 songs or so even commericals....and its free....not as conveinent but still cool

enjoy!
    08-25-09 05:48 PM
    If you have verizon, bb's do have VCast just not all of them have the premium video service. But I have Vcast music and Vcast song ID and they work together very well.

EDIT: you can find the programs in the application center in the application folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by LawP; 08-26-09 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Grammar and punctuation
    08-25-09 06:35 PM
    I am a big fan of shazzaam. It is one of my most used programs.
    08-25-09 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD