Ok sitting at the bar Friday, song comes over the speaker and we can't figure out who sings it. Guy with a Moto razr takes out his phone (VZW) and holds it up. 1 minute later he has the song, artist, release date etc. This is a VZW app, Vcast Song ID, which is a free download form VZW, however, does not work on BB. Anyone know of a 3rd party app for BB that does the same thing? I thought it was neat..

Thanks

dan T
    11-06-08 10:05 AM
    What version of OS are you running? Version 4.6 media player shows this.

Also, it depends on how the MP3 was created. Some already have the album art and info tagged. If not, you'll have to do this yourself.
    11-06-08 10:10 AM
    BBB,

Thank you. I think you may have misunderstood. You actually start the app and hold your phone up to the radio speaker and your phone will "listen" to the song and then give you the info on it. It is not for songs (mp3's) on the device or media card.

dan
    11-06-08 10:13 AM
    HAHA! Man, I missed that completely. A co-worker has this on his iPhone, when he gets back from lunch, I'll ask him.
    11-06-08 10:15 AM
    This is my first post.

Nobex Radio Companion (Nobexrc website) works on my Blackberry Pearl. I can also listen to certain, but not all, listed radio stations. You can find radio stations from all over. Check it out. I love it.

Let me know if this is what you are looking for.
    Last edited by funcube2; 11-06-08 at 01:45 PM.
    11-06-08 01:29 PM
    Here it is My co-worker says it works great on his iphone. I didn't snoop through the site to see it it works on BB though...at work
    11-06-08 01:34 PM
    BBB,

Thanks for the link, but it looks like that is for iPhone only.

Funcube,

Thank you. Its not exactly what I am looking for, but its a cool app.. Listen to the radio on your BB..its free...for now, as they state on the web site.
    VZW offers for non-BB's an app wher you hold the phone up to the radio, cd, XM etc. and let the app tell you what song is playing

Would like it for BB if anyone knows of one...or maybe you BB developers can make one
    Thanks again
    11-06-08 02:07 PM
    You are talking about VZW's Song ID app available through Vcast. This is currently not available for blackberry, though there is talk to enhance this app so it will be compatible...no official word yet.
    11-06-08 02:19 PM
    yes, exactly. VZW making us BB addicts wait again, huh?
    11-06-08 02:21 PM
    Yup, just like with navigator. I'm sure a flood of these app will follow the storm release.
    11-06-08 02:22 PM
    the closest thing is nobex
    11-06-08 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD