Some may recall my son was given a z30 for Xmas upgrading him from the z10. He was semi disappointed as he would have preferred an iphone for a few apps he couldn't have vs his iphone buddies. Well all hell broke loose! I received a lot of great advice from the BlackBerry community along with a few remarks on how to parent, or how my child was a spoiled brat and I was a bad parent.....lol. He is over 16, so I had to chuckle, and he is a great son and I am very proud of him. However, I was sympathetic to his plight......and I....no I didn't give him his way.....lol. I said he must allow BlackBerry to release the next OS upgrade before he can discuss an iphone.......well yesterday he was granted his wish. He has the Big Apps and they are running flawlessly. I asked him if he needed that iphone......his response. "No Dad....i have the best phone in the world....thanks....and Netflix is awesome on this phone! ". Nothing left to be said.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 05:09 PM
    Cool! Reward your son for finding the true path of wisdom.

Next time he does something wrong, punish him by swapping the Z30 with an iPhone 5S ;-)
    01-29-14 05:12 PM
    That's brilliant news! And don't listen to parent advice from other people, you sound like a great dad.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 05:14 PM
    I had a post about my daughter wanting a Z10 and was asking for some tips from other parents. Majority of the community was wonderful :-). She is hopelessly addicted to her phone and calls him Sherman, lol.

Keep up the good work and ur son has an awesome phone.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    01-29-14 07:22 PM
    Glad it worked out.... Many may not like it but Android does tip the scales in this case...
    01-29-14 07:25 PM
    Like a boss

Posted with my Q10!
    sickyute likes this.
    01-29-14 08:16 PM
    Kids are funny, and sometimes there is simple truth in the things they say. Having downloaded the new OS, I asked my son if he wanted to purchase some of those games that never make it to BlackBerry. He is no, he wasn't interested. The big thing he liked to do was BBM mom when got home from school. Then, he turned to me and said, Dad, apple and android are great at games but they suck at everything else, everybody knows that. I was a bit stunned. Anyways, he reminded me why I have a phone in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    jrohland and world saviour like this.
    01-29-14 08:45 PM
    Awesome...so he's back in the will then, great news.

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    propeller10 and bungaboy like this.
    01-29-14 08:56 PM
    Thats great, my son is 19 and I bought my z10 from him because of the app gap, I since got a z30, and with yesterdays update he is amazed. Sadly hes stuck with an iphone 5c till the end of his contract, but he looks at mine with envy... he will be back in black

On my awesome BlackBerry Z30
    01-29-14 09:04 PM
    He's already learning one of life's most valuable lessons that many of us here have learned long ago: Patience (when it comes to BlackBerry) Is A Virtue.
    theRock1975 and bungaboy like this.
    01-30-14 01:34 AM
    Some may recall my son was given a z30 for Xmas upgrading him from the z10. He was semi disappointed as he would have preferred an iphone for a few apps he couldn't have vs his iphone buddies. Well all hell broke loose! I received a lot of great advice from the BlackBerry community along with a few remarks on how to parent, or how my child was a spoiled brat and I was a bad parent.....lol. He is over 16, so I had to chuckle, and he is a great son and I am very proud of him. However, I was sympathetic to his plight......and I....no I didn't give him his way.....lol. I said he must allow BlackBerry to release the next OS upgrade before he can discuss an iphone.......well yesterday he was granted his wish. He has the Big Apps and they are running flawlessly. I asked him if he needed that iphone......his response. "No Dad....i have the best phone in the world....thanks....and Netflix is awesome on this phone! ". Nothing left to be said.

Posted via CB10
    Yes yes I remember I was one of the guys that gave you parenting advice! Well just wanted to apologize as it seems like you are a good dad after all. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and HelloNNNewman like this.
    01-30-14 05:52 AM
    <<quote removed as original was removed>>

I think the poster you responded to meant that the ability to load up android apps tipped the scales which in this case it did since the OP's son clearly wanted apps. Great news OP.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01-30-14 at 04:37 PM.
    01-30-14 07:18 AM
    I think the poster you responded to meant that the ability to load up android apps tipped the scales which in this case it did since the OP's son clearly wanted apps. Great news OP.

Posted via CB10
    Of course. My apologies. I misunderstood the context.

I deleted my post.

Twirly for me and not enough caffeine.
    ray689 likes this.
    01-30-14 07:23 AM
    Rohetaku.....An apology wasn't required, however much appreciated. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    01-30-14 07:28 AM
    Thats great, my son is 19 and I bought my z10 from him because of the app gap, I since got a z30, and with yesterdays update he is amazed. Sadly hes stuck with an iphone 5c till the end of his contract, but he looks at mine with envy... he will be back in black

well, if you got a spare phone, can't u use a sim from that iphone on one of Z's?! or maybe - just to ask a carrier for new sim...
    01-30-14 07:37 AM
    Definitely have to admire a young person being patient and thinking the situation out for himself rather than jumping on the more popular fad. Nice job, OP.
    01-30-14 08:02 AM
    Yes yes I remember I was one of the guys that gave you parenting advice! Well just wanted to apologize as it seems like you are a good dad after all. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Only because he stuck with the Z30. Otherwise we'd be hammering him for being such a lousy parent.

I kid, I kid!!
    01-30-14 08:04 AM
    My wife grabbed the z10 the second I put it down lol

jrohland likes this.
    01-30-14 08:11 AM
    Only because he stuck with the Z30. Otherwise we'd be hammering him for being such a lousy parent.

I kid, I kid!!
    And I would deserve it......lol

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 08:18 AM
    Awesome. It is too bad however that BlackBerry didn't get this situation addressed out the gates, and a lot of first impressions based on this are negative. Looks like I won't have 10.2.1 till next week, but glad that it seems to have covered most of the deficiencies of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:05 AM
    Friend of mine wants to upgrade Galaxy S4 to Z30.

Blackberry has a long way to go in market share but the word is slowly getting out. Even if it's only 1-2 million a quarter, everybody that has BB10 device knows how great they are.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:15 AM
    My niece who's iPhone 4S is now the oldest phone in the house is now looking at the BB10 phones the rest of us have with envy. All of the apps that were her iPhone deal breakers can now be put on BlackBerry phones. When her mother upgraded to the Z30 a couple of weeks ago, I was shocked to realize she knew how to work it just as well as the rest of us. Discovered she's been playing with her sister's Z10 and has been forcing all her friends to send her messages via BBM on her iPhone , she refuses to answer her iMessage.

She used to have a 9800 till she drowned it in a rainstorm at an outdoor concert. After the initial iPhone infatuation period, she seems to be missing BlackBerry. Kids are funny. Who knows what BlackBerry 10 could have been with these apps available from the start.

Posted via CB10
    jrohland likes this.
    01-30-14 09:30 AM
    Friend of mine wants to upgrade Galaxy S4 to Z30.

Blackberry has a long way to go in market share but the word is slowly getting out. Even if it's only 1-2 million a quarter, everybody that has BB10 device knows how great they are.

Posted via CB10
    2 guys at work dropped s4 units for z10 units and are very happy. Can't believe how good BB10 is. This was before the update. Z10 units....can you imagine if they got the z30's.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:42 AM
    My niece who's iPhone 4S is now the oldest phone in the house is now looking at the BB10 phones the rest of us have with envy. All of the apps that were her iPhone deal breakers can now be put on BlackBerry phones. When her mother upgraded to the Z30 a couple of weeks ago, I was shocked to realize she knew how to work it just as well as the rest of us. Discovered she's been playing with her sister's Z10 and has been forcing all her friends to send her messages via BBM on her iPhone , she refuses to answer her iMessage.

She used to have a 9800 till she drowned it in a rainstorm at an outdoor concert. After the initial iPhone infatuation period, she seems to be missing BlackBerry. Kids are funny. Who knows what BlackBerry 10 could have been with these apps available from the start.

Posted via CB10
    I think with this new release, and the closing of the app gap, some teens are going to migrate. Hey, people like to change things up once and a while, they have had the iphones for a long time now. Z30 has fantastic battery life, along with so many other things the iphone hasn't. I see a change coming in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 09:46 AM
    At first I thought, not this again but then a pleasant surprise.

Good for you!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 10:06 AM
30 12