so there are more BlackBerry users than iOS and Android combined? Man what you smoking, I want some

Sent from my Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020
    No, that is not what I'm saying, perhaps you can read it again.

Posted using my beloved Z30
    12-30-13 09:42 PM
    No, that is not what I'm saying, perhaps you can read it again.

OK, lol, one last time, I think this may clear up my point.

BlackBerry's current number of users is greater than the number of new users that move/adopt Andriod or Apple.

How was that.

12-30-13 09:49 PM
    Android and Apple's user base may increase or decrease each quarter, that represents the potential market for each Developer, and that represents a number of potential new users. I'm saying BlackBerry' s user base is much larger than this, why ignore this market.

Most of those BB users are on legacy devices, which are irrelevant to the discussion. The number on BB10, which could be potential for those developers, is probably less than the growth in Android/apple in a month. The projected work vs reward for that tiny group is not going to be worth it for most developers at this point. (As evidenced by their lack of developing native for BB10)
    12-30-13 09:56 PM
    so there are more BlackBerry users than iOS and Android combined? Man what you smoking, I want some

Yea, especially if they mean BB10 which is what we are talking about.
    12-30-13 10:03 PM
    Most of those BB users are on legacy devices, which are irrelevant to the discussion. The number on BB10, which could be potential for those developers, is probably less than the growth in Android/apple in a month. The projected work vs reward for that tiny group is not going to be worth it for most developers at this point. (As evidenced by their lack of developing native for BB10)
    work...lol BlackBerry did 99% of the work with the android runtime. they just need to post the damn app....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 10:07 PM
    You know, and how is the support gonna relevant at all if you tell the dev you have a completely different device?
    I can't wait until he has to send a log file to a developer should he have issues with a game and the dev says "why did you tell me you are using a nexus when you aren't" and then gives no support.

Me thinks he doesn't understand all the nuances of android and that side loading, snap, dragging bar files etc is not a solution.
    donnation and Kris Simundson like this.
    12-30-13 10:13 PM
    I thought this thread was about some guy who replaced his phone and wants an iPhone or something?

At least I got to learn that BlackBerry doesn't care about their customers but Microsoft does even if they live in Winnipeg. I wonder if anyone at Microsoft actually even knows where Winnipeg is?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 10:16 PM
    I thought this thread was about some guy who replaced his phone and wants an iPhone or something?

At least I got to learn that BlackBerry doesn't care about their customers but Microsoft does even if they live in Winnipeg. I wonder if anyone at Microsoft actually even knows where Winnipeg is?

Posted via CB10
    Lol where did I ever say Microsoft did?

Oh and just a FYI, bringing where I live into this? Are you really that pathetic?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
    12-30-13 10:21 PM
    Lame? Wow, this is incredible. Again faulting people outside of BlackBerry.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Yep, lame and that argument that is getting old. Everybody on Crackberry is aware of the past BlackBerry performance. Last ditch effort when you have run out of meaningful commentary. Sales history has no bearing on the context of the convo prior to his post

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    12-30-13 10:21 PM
    What do I speculate? Is Blackberrys past fake? I don't throw a sugar coating on reality like some.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    You know what, you are right, you don't speculate or guess. I just went back through this thread and realized NONE of your posts contributed anything to the convo. Your posts are snide remarks and cracks on other members. No substance at all. So I guess you don't guess.

Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-30-13 10:24 PM
    Lol where did I ever say Microsoft did?

Oh and just a FYI, bringing where I live into this? Are you really that pathetic?

Easy there champ. I live in Saskatoon and that wasn't meant as a slight on Winnipeg FYI and just a point that big corps don't care about anything but their bottom line.
    Well you may not have said Microsoft but you said you left a company that doesn't care about you...it's fair to think you wouldn't go to another one that doesn't care.
    And take it easy on Dave, wasn't long ago that you were the one who was raving about the runtime and the capabilities and jumping down people's throats when they would disagree.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 10:26 PM
    The only facts are the past and the present. What facts am I missing or incorrect on in the context of my post?
    What did that have to do with the preceeding posts? We are all aware the past.

12-30-13 10:27 PM
    Easy there champ. I live in Saskatoon and that wasn't meant as a slight on Winnipeg FYI.
    Well you may not have said Microsoft but you said you left a company that doesn't care about you...it's fair to think you wouldn't go to another one that doesn't care.
    And take it easy on Dave, wasn't long ago that you were the one who was raving about the runtime and the capabilities and jumping down people's throats when they would disagree.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough on the Winnipeg topic.

As for caring, I'll use the #ichooseblackberry10 campaign started by yelmonster and myself. All that BlackBerry did for that was take a few tweets and make a picture of it.

The first post on Twitter I hashed with windows phone in it, they immediately responded and were genuinely interested in my opinion with a few more follow up tweets.

As for the runtime, yes I was excited for what it could do, but it than hit me how bad this would be for Blackberry and changed my opinion of the runtime while still owning my Q10.

I only ever ran apks after that to test for certain people.

12-30-13 10:36 PM
    Yep, lame and that argument that is getting old. Everybody on Crackberry is aware of the past BlackBerry performance. Last ditch effort when you have run out of meaningful commentary. Sales history has no bearing on the context of the convo prior to his post

Wrong. Someone said they guessed BB would be successful in the future based on the "facts". I challenged those "facts"
    12-30-13 10:43 PM
    so did BlackBerry before they blew it away on god knows what. How do you go through that much money and not come out with something positive?

Z10 WRITE OFFS
    Q10 WRITE OFFS
    Z30 about to become write offs

Q5? Waste of money and resources to begin with

Seriously, the devices are nice, but they don't sell. Lack of carrier support, lack of marketing, lack of apps, lack of pretty much everything that's mainstream.

I'm glad they're going back to pure enterprise. It might actually save them. Despite my disposition and current device, I still want BlackBerry to succeed, but they can't when there are people like yourself defending their every action.

Wake up, I know I did. Stop doing the work for them and make them work for your loyalty instead of blindly devoting it to them

How did BlackBerry blow their cash?
    Simple... They bought expensive business jets and now fly their interim CEO to Waterloo from California (and back) whenever he feels like a quick jaunt.

Totally agree with you Kris.
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    12-30-13 11:09 PM

When it comes to BlackBerry, past (poor) performance is definitely an indicator of future performance.

BlackBerry need to innovate, not rely on the Android Runtime.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-30-13 11:12 PM
    When it comes to BlackBerry, past (poor) performance is definitely an indicator of future performance.

BlackBerry need to innovate, not rely on the Android Runtime.
    I know you're trying to make a point here.. but at this time for BlackBerry your statement is extremely idealistic. Do you really expect BlackBerry to "innovate" all the missing apps needed the app gap? Please..

The Android runtime at this point is their only hope..

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 11:30 PM
    Your correct, I didn't consider that a large portion are still on legacy devices, my apologies.

12-31-13 05:45 AM
    How did BlackBerry blow their cash?
    Simple... They bought expensive business jets and now fly their interim CEO to Waterloo from California (and back) whenever he feels like a quick jaunt.

Totally agree with you Kris.
    People focus on stuff like this but thousands of people working and no one buying what they make and writing down nearly a billion in inventory is where the real resources go. The jet stuff is a few percent of the total probably.
    12-31-13 05:59 AM
    What did that have to do with the preceeding posts? We are all aware the past.

If you were to read my post in question you would probably notice it quoted a post by Dave B saying that he thought BB would do well based on his view of the facts. I pointed out what the facts were.

I am amazed at the real immunity to facts I seem to see there. They are "lame" because we already know them? So we just ignore facts and make up stuff? I really don't get it.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-31-13 06:05 AM
    OK, lol, one last time, I think this may clear up my point.

BlackBerry's current number of users is greater than the number of new users that move/adopt Andriod or Apple.

How was that.

I believe Androids user base continues to grow by leaps and bounds. I don't have the numbers right in front of me though.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    12-31-13 08:30 AM
    You know what, you are right, you don't speculate or guess. I just went back through this thread and realized NONE of your posts contributed anything to the convo. Your posts are snide remarks and cracks on other members. No substance at all. So I guess you don't guess.

So let's have a meaningful conversation. Let's talk about all the positive facts happening right now. You go first. (no speculation)

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    12-31-13 08:33 AM

Thanks for policing the forums. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.

Why don't you do some really investigation. I've been a member here since 2007 and a long time supporter. Why don't you check back right before BB10 came out and see the arguments I had with Belfastdispatcher. He said BB10 was going to fail and they should stick to BBOS and enterprise (what did Chen just say about going back to their roots? ). I argued BB10 would be a success and was needed to go forward. I hope Belfast is looking in because I apologize, he was right. I give credit where credit is do. Right now Blackberry deserves none.

So get to work if you want to look back on my posts.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Last edited by TgeekB; 12-31-13 at 08:48 AM.
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    12-31-13 08:36 AM
    Alright, the train has backed up and taken a goat path. I know some are gonna take your battles to someplace else, but this bridge is out.
    12-31-13 11:28 AM
474 ... 171819