When I use my browser and try to go back I get the following error constantly.
    Uncaught Exception:
    Event thread is not running.
    I don't understand why I've been getting this error so much now. Is there anyone who knows the solution to this issue?
    Last edited by josh05; 08-12-10 at 07:33 AM.
    08-12-10 07:30 AM
    Did you try a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 07:36 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I been using quickpull pro daily if that's considered equivalent to a battery pull. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when I get this error the browser closes automatically.

08-12-10 07:40 AM
    What's your File Free Memory? Press and hold the menu key, how many apps do you have running in the background? There should be only 4 or 5. Browser, messages, home, phone and bbm. Are always idling in the background. The rest need to be closed usimg the menu/close method.

08-12-10 08:56 AM
    My file free memory right now is 5 megs but is normally 11 after a reboot. I always have 4 apps open: home, browser, bbm and messages and aim when I use it. I have a number of apps on my device:

1. Quick Pull pro
    2. CB launcher
    3. Pocket berry launcher
    4. Google Voice
    5. Pandora
    6. Quick launch
    7. Chuzzles
    8. Lingo
    9. Show me the images
    10. Find my phone
    11. Berry weather
    12. Dictionary
    13. Aim
    14. One touch flashlight

I normally start at 11 megs but as I use the browser and other apps the file free drops to 4 or 5 megs by the days end.

08-12-10 09:09 AM
    Your free memory is too low at 11MB.

You need to delete some stuff.

You should also go through the memory optimization procedure found in the "How To" forum.
    08-12-10 09:29 AM
    Ok. But doing this will fix my browser's error?

08-12-10 09:42 AM
    As I suspected. And yes Josh it should make your bb perform better than ever. Just be sure and read the tutorial. If you plan on using custom themes do not delete the themes that came with your bb. If you do there is no guarantee 3rd party themes will work.
    Here's the link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

08-12-10 10:10 AM
    Ok, I'll check it out. Thanks a lot for your help.

08-12-10 10:15 AM
    Ok, I'll check it out. Thanks you guys for your help.

08-12-10 10:15 AM
    Optimizing your memory is a good idea, but I would not expect it to correct the problem you describe.

Uncaught Exception: Event thread is not running.
    This is a software failure message. Something is not working the way it was intended.

Your best bet, upgrade your OS software to the latest current version for your device. You will find a sticky thread with directions in the 83** sub forums.

The good news is, you can combine the OS upgrade with the Memory Optimization Procedure.
    08-12-10 10:31 AM
    I see. I was hoping the solution was simpler, but an os upgrade is viable as well. I'll upgrade as soon as I can. Thanks for the heads up!

08-12-10 10:56 AM
    If you don't use voice dialling, docs to go, BB maps etc, remove them while upgrading the OS. It will help free some memory. You could also delete sample pics, videos, unused language packs and 3rd party themes to free up space...

08-12-10 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD