Well, I purchased a BB Storm a few weeks ago and I was able to setup my email accounts through the device itself...just entered the email address and passwords and voila. Now I had to replace my phone and got a new Storm and when I tried to setup my email it said my email was suspended. I called Verizon and the tech said I had to log-in to the VZW BIS web-site, register the new PIN and go from there.

My question is, I never did this on the first device. I was able to simply do it by adding my account info straight to the device. I got the new device up and running now but this seems kinda weird. Is this how it's supposed to be?

Thanks
    06-22-09 08:28 PM
    The first time you set it up, you didn't have a PIN associated with your account. You now have the PIN from your old device tied to the account, so you can't set up directly from the device without changing the PIN associated with BIS online.
    06-22-09 08:32 PM
    change the pin and you should be able to set it up
    06-22-09 09:43 PM
    I never created a BIS account for the old PIN.....I just created one for the new PIN and it seems to work fine....weird lol
    06-22-09 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD