- CrackBerry Abuser
- 143 Posts
Something off with todays demo
I noticed something didn't seem right with todays launch demo of BBM video. Besides the fact that the gentleman in London never responded vocally during the call, it looks to me that during the screen sharing segment, the screen on the New York phone was changing before the caller in London had initiated the change, how can that be? Are my eyes playing tricks on me?
- 01-30-2013, 11:21 PM #3
there was probably a delay in the feed from London. So the video on the New York BlackBerry was responding in real time while the video feed coming from London was delayed by a couple seconds.all smartphones are tools.
android = 48pc tool set (you"ll eventually find the tool you need, but some assembly required)
iphone = swiss army knife (most of the tools you need in a small, simple to use package)
blackberry = adjustable wrench (sometimes all you need is a wrench)
windows phone = bionic wrench (its different....but it works)
- CrackBerry User
01-31-2013, 01:35 AM #8
- 18 Posts
Absolutely!! The Delay is due to streaming video technology. The live camera feed is captured through the video camera, encoded on a computer, pushed over the internet to a video distribution server then to our browsers as well as the presentation at the launch event in NY. The screen share is point to point over wifi to the Blackberry network then to the receiving device. Even if they were live via satellite and not streaming there would still definitely be a delay.
- By NinjaB in forum BlackBerry ThemesReplies: 8Last Post: 04-04-2010, 12:03 PM
- By pillowsplat in forum BlackBerry 88xx ThemesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2008, 05:11 PM
- By darrenclark0809 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 4Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:31 PM
- By JMRay23 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 4Last Post: 02-20-2008, 09:18 AM
- By ruious in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 9Last Post: 02-14-2008, 09:23 AM