I was just checking Verizon Wireless' website to see what smartphones they are currently selling, and I noticed something that is disappointing if you are a Blackberry supporter. As those of you who are on VZW probably already know, to access their current lineup of smartphones you need to click on "Shop" in the red header on the main page and then click "Smartphones" on the far-left of the pop-up menu; doing so brings up the carrier's featured devices. Well, when I did that today, I noticed Blackberry devices are no longer listed among the featured devices. (The classifications that appear are, in order from top to bottom, "Droid", "Motorola", "HTC", "LG", "Windows", "Apple", and "Samsung".) You can still view the Blackberry devices if you click on the Blackberry filter on the left, but they are no longer part of the default page. I think this change was pretty recent; I don't remember the page being like that the last time I was looking at VZW's featured smartphone lineup 2-3 weeks ago.

I'm unsure if this change occurred for VZW's website everywhere; I logged in to access the site (and by logging in VZW adjusts the site a bit to account for my current residential location). However, regardless if this is a location-specific change or a VZW site-wide change, this isn't a good development for Blackberry.
    09-04-13 07:53 AM
    I was just checking Verizon Wireless' website to see what smartphones they are currently selling, and I noticed something that is disappointing if you are a Blackberry supporter. As those of you who are on VZW probably already know, to access their current lineup of smartphones you need to click on "Shop" in the red header on the main page and then click "Smartphones" on the far-left of the pop-up menu; doing so brings up the carrier's featured devices. Well, when I did that today, I noticed Blackberry devices are no longer listed among the featured devices. (The classifications that appear are, in order from top to bottom, "Droid", "Motorola", "HTC", "LG", "Windows", "Apple", and "Samsung".) You can still view the Blackberry devices if you click on the Blackberry filter on the left, but they are no longer part of the default page. I think this change was pretty recent; I don't remember the page being like that the last time I was looking at VZW's featured smartphone lineup 2-3 weeks ago.

I'm unsure if this change occurred for VZW's website everywhere; I logged in to access the site (and by logging in VZW adjusts the site a bit to account for my current residential location). However, regardless if this is a location-specific change or a VZW site-wide change, this isn't a good development for Blackberry.
    Earlier this morning someone posted a thread about either the Z or the Q having been sold out at Verizon. Here is the thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...b-site-845856/
    09-04-13 08:02 AM
    Looks like you are right. I do recall seeing BlackBerry's slot on page 1 just under a week ago and don't anymore.

Posted via keyboard bearing Q10
    09-04-13 08:14 AM
    Eeek!
    09-04-13 08:17 AM
    To be honest, I don't think the sellout of Z10 is the cause for VZW not listing Blackberry devices on their main smartphones page. I could be wrong. I did notice in my initial viewing, as was noted in the linked thread about the Z10 sellout, that the Z10 is currently being sold free on a 2-year contract. (The Q10 is still being sold for $199 with a 2-year contract.)

I haven't visited the VZW website smartphones page as frequently as I did prior to the redesign (they used to have all the smartphones listed on one page roughly in descending order of how much they were being featured at a given time, rather than showing the available smartphones by designated groupings). However, I know prior to the redesign they would not alter how the smartphones were listed if a particular, highly featured smartphone listed in the first 4-8 devices at the top of the page was sold out at that given time.
    09-04-13 08:19 AM
    I can confirm that BlackBerry devices do not now show up on either the 1st or 2nd page of "featured" smartphones. You do have to enable the BlackBerry filter to get them to show up. And the Z10 is there in both Black and White, $0 on a 2-year contract with the filter enabled.

I think it is pretty simple, BlackBerry devices are not selling. Add to that the simple fact that an average consumer is NOT going to be happy with one - what is the point in Verizon featuring it. If I were a carrier, I'd want to make sure that any potential customer was fully aware that no you cant play Candy Crush, no you can't access Instagram, and no most companies do not make BB10 Apps for their customers. This prevent customers calling and complaining, returning devices or worse getting mad at the carrier and leaving for another carrier (doesn't make sense, but people do it).

When 98% of device can do something, it is SHOCKING to people when they buy a device that can't do it!
    09-04-13 08:30 AM
    To be fair to the Blackberry Z10, on VZW it currently has a user rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 and a "recommended to others" rating of 82%, based on 250+ reviews. There are some other devices that have somewhat higher ratings, but those are good ratings, in both relative and absolute terms.

IMO, Blackberry's primary problems with Z10 sales aren't due to the Z10 itself, but the decisions or actions (or lack of actions) Blackberry took in the 2-3 years prior to the Z10's launch.
    09-04-13 08:35 AM
    To be fair to the Blackberry Z10, on VZW it currently has a user rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 and a "recommended to others" rating of 82%, based on 250+ reviews. There are some other devices that have somewhat higher ratings, but those are good ratings, in both relative and absolute terms.

IMO, Blackberry's primary problems with Z10 sales aren't due to the Z10 itself, but the decisions or actions (or lack of actions) Blackberry took in the 2-3 years prior to the Z10's launch.
    On the Bell website the Iphone 5 has 40 reviews and the Z10 has 158 reviews and yet during this time frame the iphone would have sold in large numbers compared with the Z10. Why ? BlackBerry fans pumping up the results.
    09-04-13 08:53 AM
    I just saw it yesterday! Going to look now...

Z10

Still there for me.

Attachment 198461
    09-04-13 08:55 AM
    On the Bell website the Iphone 5 has 40 reviews and the Z10 has 158 reviews and yet during this time frame the iphone would have sold in large numbers compared with the Z10. Why ? BlackBerry fans pumping up the results.
    For whatever it is worth, on the VZW website, the iPhone 5 has over 2200 reviews. (It has a 4.5 rating and 87% of users would recommend it to others.)
    09-04-13 09:58 AM