Basically, I have no idea how to download an OS to my phone. I'm semi-new at this stuff. I found and downloaded the torrent file (whatever that is) to my desktop for the v4.5 OS. I opened the desktop manager to download it and it was like...umm, no... I got rid of the vendor file. There has to be something I'm missing. That file is just a .exe file. Anyone wanna shove me in the right direction so I can get this new OS up and running before christmas? Thanks!
    05-08-08 12:02 AM
    double click on the EXE file for the OS, and install it to the PC, THEN delete the vendor.xml file.

How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
    05-08-08 12:14 AM
    When I double click on the .exe file, it gives me this pop-up saying that "Windows cannot open this file"..."To open this file, Windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it..."...etc... No-go...
    05-08-08 12:19 AM
    Then you have not downloaded the complete installer file or some other issue.

What file did you actually download?

Reboot your PC and try again.
    05-08-08 12:21 AM
    I went to some link I found when I google searched for the v4.5 OS download. It was a torrent file? Some site called mininova... I just can't seem to find the right place to get this download and supposedly it can't be posted on here or something. Not sure what to do.
    05-08-08 12:36 AM
    Is it in .exe format or something else like .rar?
    05-08-08 05:22 AM
    you downloaded a .torrent file. Not the OS. What you need is a bittorrent client to launch that torrent file and download the actual OS with.
    Try searching for bittornado on google. Once that's installed double click the torrent you downloaded.
    05-08-08 06:19 AM
    you downloaded a .torrent file. Not the OS. What you need is a bittorrent client to launch that torrent file and download the actual OS with.
    Try searching for bittornado on google. Once that's installed double click the torrent you downloaded.
    Haha oh damn, I didn't even think of that possibility... I was assuming he actually knew how to use torrents.

I personally find uTorrent to be the most efficient torrent program.
    05-08-08 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD