I like wallpapers, so I keep only three icons on my home screen. To me, a screen full of icons ruins the effect of wallpaper, with or without shadow boxes.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:35 PM
    Well on Windows phone, you have *slightly* more degrees of freedom. On iOS and BB10 the only thing you can change is the background wallpaper.
    I disagree. On WP you can't even select a wallpaper in the same sense the other OS's have wallpapers. The background is just black. You can however set a lock screen wallpaper. IMO only being able to change the colour of live tiles makes WP the most restrictive mobile OS when it comes to UI. I hated that about my lumia 800.

I don't mind the icon boxes on BB10. When I want to see my wallpapers with no obstruction I just flip to my 2nd page of icon folders and pull the screen to the left. Example:
    Somebody have to say it. Every wallpaper is useless because of this sh*t.-img_00000670.png

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:37 PM
    I don't mind it so much, but they should have definitely incorporated the ability to have an alternate wallpaper in the lock screen. More customization options are welcomed.

Posted from my ZED10
    06-09-13 02:18 PM
    What I find funny is how according to some transparent shadows apparently make the wallpaper useless but not the non-transparent icons that take up most of the space. The iOS example is just as bad as BB10.

Truly a wallpaper on an app screen is useless which is why Android doesn't even have one in it's app drawer. The solution is to add a drawer like the Playbook.
    you can have wallpapers in androids app drawer too, it is usually the exact same one as your home screens' wallpaper though and i agree it is pretty pointless for an app screen but id prefer it over a pure black background only.
    06-09-13 03:46 PM
    I disagree. On WP you can't even select a wallpaper in the same sense the other OS's have wallpapers. The background is just black. You can however set a lock screen wallpaper. IMO only being able to change the colour of live tiles makes WP the most restrictive mobile OS when it comes to UI. I hated that about my lumia 800.

I don't mind the icon boxes on BB10. When I want to see my wallpapers with no obstruction I just flip to my 2nd page of icon folders and pull the screen to the left. Example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000670.png 
Views:	548 
Size:	467.2 KB 
ID:	170049

Posted via CB10
    Does she smell something bad or something

Kah
    06-09-13 05:15 PM
    Speaking as someone who is partially colorblind.... Major kudos to Blackberry for the design choice. I need to keep a minimalist background so that I can see the bloody icons in the first place!!! The super busy backgrounds that some people are showing as examples simply make me nauseous! I can't even see the bloody icons on your screen!

Just goes to show: you can't please everyone... but Blackberry has pleased this colorblind guy very, very, very, very much!!!
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-09-13 07:08 PM
    I don't find this to be a problem
    06-09-13 07:53 PM
    LoL...people have run out of things to complain about so they're attacking the way the icons are laid out? O....M.....G...don't they have some kind of medication for OCD?
    They're ICONS for **** sakes! You're taking issue with the way icons look? Quit complaining about what you don't like about BB10 on a BB fansite and get yourself one of your precious iOS phones and stfu.
    Honestly, maybe we should head over to iMore and Android Central to berate the phones people use there...daily.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    06-09-13 08:20 PM
    What we need is a separate lock screen wallpaper too

Posted via CB10
    Agree.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 01:45 AM
    Awesome thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 03:46 AM
    I like the look personally...
    Attachment 170002

Posted via CB10
    Those boxes would drive me crazy. I don't want to have to use dark backgrounds to mitigate the boxes.
    06-10-13 09:07 AM
    I don't mind the shadow boxes. But some customisation options would be appreciated! Like being able to change the colour of the shadow boxes, get rid of them completely, a home screen with a different wallpaper, changing the colour of the font, being able to customise/change font etc...

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:33 AM
    You mean the shadow around the app? I think it's so they don't copy Apple's home screen. I think it looks fine
    I don't have a problem at with it at all. I actually think it looks nice.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 08:39 PM
63 123