I'm just going to post this quickly as I'm not sure if surfing the internet is eating up my credit from a prepaid sim.
    Basically I am abroad, I am staying in a relative' house with a wireless internet modem.

I connected to her internet via my Blackberry once, used the internet and I think it also ate up my credit from my sim!
    I'm not using my Orange (UK) sim, just a local prepaid one.

Thing is, I thought wifi was free/ or am I not really connected/my prepaid sim does not include wifi services?

I know I am connected because I see 'name of network provider - name of wireless internet' on my homescreen :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 08:54 AM
    If I understand correctly, you are using a prepaid SIM card that does not provide access to BlackBerry Internet Services or allow you to use data.

If that is the case, you will be able to use the Hotspot Browser while in a Wifi Hotspot. The Hotspot Browser uses a direct Internet connection, there will not be any data used and charged by your Carrier.

Use Options / Advanced Options / Browser to confirm your default Browser is the Hotspot Browser.

I use my 8320 Curve exactly the same way, Hotspot Browsing only, no data plan.
    08-10-09 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD