Ini Bocoran Harga BlackBerry Android Buatan Cikarang

Summary of the article said BlackBerry limited and PT TIphone mobile indonesia Tbk has agreed to made a joint venture. Through that company they will be produce 300K smartphone per 6 months at first.

The corporate secretary claim that the phone will have very good form factor for mid range market. The price will be below 3 Million Rupiah ( US$ 231 ) , he also stated that the phone is targeting for consumer market not for corporate.

I think BlackBerry has good chance there even though a lot of indonesian has move on to Android and iOS.
    09-29-16 04:43 AM
    I agree!
    Uzi likes this.
    09-29-16 04:50 AM
    I agree!
    Aside from Android crappie things bro , would you buy it?
    09-29-16 05:10 AM

Summary of the article said BlackBerry limited and PT TIphone mobile indonesia Tbk has agreed to made a joint venture. Through that company they will be produce 300K smartphone per 6 months at first.

The corporate secretary claim that the phone will have very good form factor for mid range market. The price will be below 3 Million Rupiah ( US$ 231 ) , he also stated that the phone is targeting for consumer market not for corporate.

I think BlackBerry has good chance there even though a lot of indonesian has move on to Android and iOS.
    As I read it (Google translator) it says the production capacity is 300k devices per month, for the first 6 months, indicating that it could increase capacity thereafter. Please let me know if that's correct?

Posted via CB10
    09-29-16 05:16 AM
    As I read it (Google translator) it says the production capacity is 300k devices per month, for the first 6 months, indicating that it could increase capacity thereafter. Please let me know if that's correct?

Posted via CB10
    Yes dimi you're correct

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-29-16 05:28 AM
    As soon as this phone is made and released there will be a flood of threads asking if it will work with Tmobile, AT&T, Verizon, etc.
    09-29-16 05:36 AM

Summary of the article said BlackBerry limited and PT TIphone mobile indonesia Tbk has agreed to made a joint venture. .
    Not true - Chen from the earnings call:

When we prepared the script it was the one area that I was trying to make clear and it’s hard to write it, we have nothing to do with the JV, we are not part of the JV. We are licensing our technology and brand to this JV.

The JV was set up - the JV partners are not only the distributors of telcos and the telephone companies in - a number of them by the way is just led by this particular organization called Tiphone, which is the largest I guess holding - holders of the JV.
    As soon as this phone is made and released there will be a flood of threads asking if it will work with Tmobile, AT&T, Verizon, etc.
    There will be a flood of threads asking why when they ring BBRY for support with this new blackberry phone they imported from an internet seller, they get told its nothing to do with them.
    09-29-16 05:44 AM
    Not true - Chen from the earnings call:

There will be a flood of threads asking why when they ring BBRY for support with this new blackberry phone they imported from an internet seller, they get told its nothing to do with them.
    Yeah tiphone itself is from a few party
    09-29-16 06:03 AM
    If they make it with a keyboard I'll need to learn some indonesian!
    09-30-16 10:23 AM
    Eh. I'm done with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 01:47 PM
    If they had released a secure midrange android for 231 in the north American market they may have sold quite a few of them.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 01:51 PM

No one wants a BlackBerry Android device BRANDED as BlackBerry. It's OVER BlackBerry is DONE!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 01:56 PM
    I don't know but, do you remember what friendster did in Indonesia? any news from friendster now?
    10-03-16 10:32 AM
    Other Android phones you mean, but its still going to be BBs with secure Android like they said, right?
    10-03-16 10:38 AM
    No one wants a BlackBerry Android device BRANDED as BlackBerry. It's OVER BlackBerry is DONE!

Posted via CB10
    No one is an extreme statement. After all they didn't sell 0 Android BBs. You're on CrackBerry too, lots of android BB users here. Companies in Asian markets can do better than BB, anyone can I'm sure.
    10-03-16 10:40 AM
    Would not be surprised if they don't make an English version... won't officially be made of the US market of course as they don't have the licensing rights to sell it here. Doesn't mean there won't be someone buying and reselling them here. But users will be on their own for support and returns...

But as these are consumer phones... I wonder just how BlackBerry they will be? Just keyboard and BBM? Full Suite of apps? Hardware hardening and customer Android?
    10-03-16 10:48 AM
    Would not be surprised if they don't make an English version... won't officially be made of the US market of course as they don't have the licensing rights to sell it here. Doesn't mean there won't be someone buying and reselling them here. But users will be on their own for support and returns...

But as these are consumer phones... I wonder just how BlackBerry they will be? Just keyboard and BBM? Full Suite of apps? Hardware hardening and customer Android?
    Well, Chinese phones that are not officially available except in china make their way to western markets with English and even Google Play-services already pre-installed. So I won't worry about English. Indeed I think people would've to buy them from individual sellers on Ebay & Amazon, just like Xiaomi devices, but they'll have English alright, its just the software's language, not a barrier anymore.

We'll probably see the same secure android we see on the Priv and DTEK50. The manufacturer is not a smartphone company so they won't put anything radical. Maybe a few apps since its a carrier company, like I've heard.
    10-03-16 10:55 AM
    Well, Chinese phones that are not officially available except in china make their way to western markets with English and even Google Play-services already pre-installed. So I won't worry about English. Indeed I think people would've to buy them from individual sellers on Ebay & Amazon, just like Xiaomi devices, but they'll have English alright, its just the software's language, not a barrier anymore.

We'll probably see the same secure android we see on the Priv and DTEK50. The manufacturer is not a smartphone company so they won't put anything radical. Maybe a few apps since its a carrier company, like I've heard.
    No doubt the software packages will be in English... I was thinking about the PKB versions.

Chen said that the Licensing of their security hardening was optional.... I bet whoever the OEM is already has a "basic" Android software package that is free. Paying BlackBerry "extra" for something that most Indonesian would not need, and some might not even want (non rootable phone).

We will see.... but if they don't have BlackBerry's Android, better get use to the idea that there won't be a BlackBerry version of Android. Chen is all about cutting cost and if THEY aren't selling phone and no one is licensing Android from them....
    10-03-16 01:13 PM
    No doubt the software packages will be in English... I was thinking about the PKB versions.

Chen said that the Licensing of their security hardening was optional.... I bet whoever the OEM is already has a "basic" Android software package that is free. Paying BlackBerry "extra" for something that most Indonesian would not need, and some might not even want (non rootable phone).

We will see.... but if they don't have BlackBerry's Android, better get use to the idea that there won't be a BlackBerry version of Android. Chen is all about cutting cost and if THEY aren't selling phone and no one is licensing Android from them....
    Oh of course if its a PKB then they've to release a keyboard for each of the countries targeted. I thought you meant VKB.

I wasn't aware that it was optional to get the security hardening. If that's the case then he is ruining everything he did by spending his money and time on a secure android only in the end to just give them "BlackBerry" and slap it on the front of the device.

I agree, I don't see them paying extra for security, but I think they would get the basic stuff like the apps, hub, BBM free of ads and so on. An apps suite just like you said without the security offerings.
    10-03-16 02:32 PM
    Oh of course if its a PKB then they've to release a keyboard for each of the countries targeted. I thought you meant VKB.

I wasn't aware that it was optional to get the security hardening. If that's the case then he is ruining everything he did by spending his money and time on a secure android only in the end to just give them "BlackBerry" and slap it on the front of the device.

I agree, I don't see them paying extra for security, but I think they would get the basic stuff like the apps, hub, BBM free of ads and so on. An apps suite just like you said without the security offerings.
    That's the thing.. with this Indonesian "deal" only target country is Indonesia. Chen was pretty clear these were only regional licenses. So technically IF there is a PKB phone in their line up... I would not be surprised to see an English version for "export" even though it isn't suppose to be "exported" to other markets.

BBM free of ads, those days are gone... unless you pay for BBM Protected.

As for the rest of the BB10 goodness... why bother, as most there haven't ever seen it. These devcies will be built to appeal to BBOS users, not BB10 users. Heck if they could install BBOS on them.....
    10-03-16 03:33 PM
    this is also mentioned every time, i still doubt it. They can make it free in NA and it will not gain market.

If they had released a secure midrange android for 231 in the north American market they may have sold quite a few of them.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 03:35 PM
    That's the thing.. with this Indonesian "deal" only target country is Indonesia. Chen was pretty clear these were only regional licenses. So technically IF there is a PKB phone in their line up... I would not be surprised to see an English version for "export" even though it isn't suppose to be "exported" to other markets.

BBM free of ads, those days are gone... unless you pay for BBM Protected.

As for the rest of the BB10 goodness... why bother, as most there haven't ever seen it. These devices will be built to appeal to BBOS users, not BB10 users. Heck if they could install BBOS on them.....
    Yes I'm familiar that the current deal is with Indonesia only. There are ongoing negotiations with a Chinese company also. Unlikely we will see any PKB devices from the partners anytime soon. Maybe later on. If the mercury gets released, which I think will happen, it will put on hold any PKB for a long time.

Whatever the phones end being, if we like them we will be able to get them one way or another. The important aspect is that they enjoy the same quality that BB devices have. That's all that matters. Android gets us everything else, even the BB Apps if they're not pre-installed on them.

I don't think they still use BBOS in Indonesia, developed countries are not like what people often think. Or else BB would've been profitable in these countries. Even BB devices are no longer appealing in these markets. Anyway, I'm not familiar with the situation in Indonesia, only that there are around 6 million BB users there, which BB OS version, no idea.
    10-03-16 04:06 PM
    Both of you are wrong. There will be threads asking if they can put BB10 on it or dual boot BB10/Android hypervisor with a Dark Hub.
    cgk and JeepBB like this.
    10-03-16 04:09 PM
    Yes I'm familiar that the current deal is with Indonesia only. There are ongoing negotiations with a Chinese company also. Unlikely we will see any PKB devices from the partners anytime soon. Maybe later on. If the mercury gets released, which I think will happen, it will put on hold any PKB for a long time.

Whatever the phones end being, if we like them we will be able to get them one way or another. The important aspect is that they enjoy the same quality that BB devices have. That's all that matters. Android gets us everything else, even the BB Apps if they're not pre-installed on them.

I don't think they still use BBOS in Indonesia, developed countries are not like what people often think. Or else BB would've been profitable in these countries. Even BB devices are no longer appealing in these markets. Anyway, I'm not familiar with the situation in Indonesia, only that there are around 6 million BB users there, which BB OS version, no idea.
    We have had a few Indonesian posters here... they are still very much a BBOS nation, but that is quickly changing. BB10 just never was a good fit in that market and never sold very well. Average price in that market for a smartphone was under $150, which is why the Z3 was seen as a failure befroe it even went on sale. Dual SIMS is an must there, and many folks actually own more than one phone... even with dual SIM. One poster said that in one city you might have four or more carriers who do not overlap their coverage. And that ROAMING is very expensive.. was why BIS was such a huge hit there. Low cost BB Data plans, data compression and messaging via data with BBM was a perfect fit for that market. BB10 put BlackBerry back on even footing with Android... and cross platform BBM even more so.
    10-04-16 07:37 AM
    Both of you are wrong. There will be threads asking if they can put BB10 on it or dual boot BB10/Android hypervisor with a Dark Hub.
    Nah, it'll be the lack of Lithuanian language support that will anger most.
    cgk likes this.
    10-04-16 08:06 AM
30 12