In the light of the Blackberry critics, I wanted to compare # threads and # posts from the four forums. I'm in shock. I don't understand why Crackberry members are so prolific?

Some figures for illustration.
    Date: 10/7/2013 at 11:00 a.m.
    [/INDENT][/INDENT]ThreadsPosts

Blackberry Forum
    General 64,951 762,536
    Z10 23,420 352,490
    OS 109,486 171,545

Apple Forum
    General 305 3,435
    Iphone 5s+5c472 52,825
    OS 7858 12,752

I can't get these figures concerning Android and Windows. The reason is: too much OS, too much phones, too much models and too much brand names. Also, the figures are not available like it is for Blackberry and Apple.

Your thoughts
    Last edited by kolowosh; 10-07-13 at 11:11 AM.
    10-07-13 10:58 AM
    imore is not a big apple site. There are much bigger pple forums out there.
    10-07-13 11:02 AM
    Also, Apple keeps most things secret throughout the year, with two major launches a year, so for much of the year, there's simply not a lot to talk about. Most other companies release products or updates throughout the year, and certainly in the case of BB implosion this year, there has been news to talk about just about every single day.

That will always generate traffic, as people come to see the "crashes". And you have to admit the last 6 months has been a lot like a Nascar highlight reel...
    10-07-13 03:30 PM
    Posting to forums is a real ball ache on Iphone compared to BlackBerry

( 1 x shift ) !~ /^1?$|^(11+?)\1+$/
    10-07-13 03:38 PM
    Only forums I belong to are the Crackberry ones, and while I don't really know what else is out there, based on the popularity of Apple and its devices I'd have to say there are some pretty huge forums out there that make Crackberry look small.

Even Android forums most likely.

Crackberry definitely benefited a few years ago with the rise of Blackberry. Crackberry was the number one site for the number one mobile platform (at the time). I don't have any data on hand, but I would imagine that Crackberry members have actually declined in the past few years with the decline of Blackberry. And the reverse of that would be that memberships on Apple and Android forums have increased as those platforms gain popularity.

I use an iPhone but use the iPhone forum Crackberry provides. Albeit I wish that forum was a bit more active, pretty sparse.
    10-07-13 03:53 PM
    Honestly, I love this site. I have always loved it. I love its name, I love its staff, I even love its largely delusional user base (lol). But I especially love the forum structure. There are so many forums that have such a messy forum structure, but crackberry has always had it right. Even after leaving blackberry years ago, I find myself checking the crackberry forums more often or just as often as any other message board I visit. The community here is very active too. This site is just so very well done.

I will say though xda in my opinion takes the cake as far as tech related message boards. It has a MASSIVE user base, a good forum structure, TONS of community help, and not to mention the staggering amount of brilliant work made by creative developers and members. Only site that beats this one forum wise. I do believe that macrumors has a pretty large user base though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    10-07-13 04:31 PM