Here is an article I had run past my twitter this morning... thought I'd share... Sorry, BlackBerry, $550 Won't Persuade Apple iPhone Owners to Buy a Passport (BBRY) so seems like just another slam at trying to get people to stick to Apple?

Posted via One Very Cool Passport!
    12-02-14 12:55 PM
    Pretty much the sheep continue to gather

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 12:55 PM
    I don't think it's a slam to get people to stick to Apple. Mostly what was discussed was factual and I don't think BB is going to get many people trading in their iPhones for the Passport personally.

Also, they are Apple shareholders so what do you expect? Blackberry shareholders write the opposite and say that BB is turning the ship around and everyone is happy when that is written.
    12-02-14 03:07 PM
    Chen appears, unlike Thor not to be targeting the iPhone users. I don't think you could ever convince an iphone user over to BlackBerry regardless of the price.

I can only assume it's targeted at ex blackberry users who jumped across to apple when things looked like they were going tits up at BlackBerry and miss them just to know BlackBerry is still in the game.

Posted via CB10
    spyeagle likes this.
    12-02-14 03:12 PM
    Yes you can lure iphone users away from apple, I'm one. No, it's not likely to start a stampede any time soon, but an avalanche can start with a small tremor. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Posted via CB10
    ArcPlug likes this.
    12-02-14 05:27 PM
    Also that website clearly states they are apple shareholders

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 05:57 PM
    They clearly weren't expecting a stampede. If BlackBerry had to swap every iPhone out there for a Passport then they really would hit the fan!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 06:02 PM
    At the end of the day, the site is true.

Very few in terms of hundreds of thousands of iOS iPhone users will trade up for a Passport.

Reasons:
    Marriage of iPhone and I watch is clocking in at 10% N. American for stats currently,
    Benefits to the end consumer for iOS+iWatch and fitness.
    Music - playback and remote controls using standard shipping headset, more headset support by third parties, music library and jukebox sync support - heck works better with Itunes+Lync+Win7 than just Windows Media Player and Lync (this combo seems to drop tracks in a Playlist all the time.
    Better camera and third party accessories...

These are what end consumers value and use almost daily without exhaustion at all. Look at each iteration of iPhone since 3GS: camera quality and music features or camera/picture album takes precedence and featured in every release!

Getting things done puts a strain and stress on a consumers mind more than the typical worker.

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    12-02-14 06:12 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yes you can lure iphone users away from apple, I'm one. No, it's not likely to start a stampede any time soon, but an avalanche can start with a small tremor. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Posted via CB10
    This!.. and others also who are on the fence and not iPhone fanbois... even if it's only five percent... Chen wins....

Many are changing to the Passport without ANY incentives...

Posted via CB10
    12-02-14 06:21 PM
    Isn't this true with just about every trade-in program that targets the latest products? Let's be real here, $550 is nowhere near half the price of iPhone 6, or nowhere near 75% of iPhone 5s.

Clearly BlackBerry knows that not many will take the offer, I suspect this program is intended to snitch those that are in limbo and since they get to trade-in without the hassle of looking for honest buyer, hey why not?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    12-02-14 07:29 PM
    I've got a friend who just told me he's going to take advantage of the offer. But he's also not an apple drone.
    12-02-14 11:00 PM
    I've got a friend who just told me he's going to take advantage of the offer. But he's also not an apple drone.
    Are you sure? I thought all iPhone users were mindless sheep. Interesting. How do you tell them apart?
    12-02-14 11:03 PM
    Isn't this true with just about every trade-in program that targets the latest products? Let's be real here, $550 is nowhere near half the price of iPhone 6, or nowhere near 75% of iPhone 5s.

Clearly BlackBerry knows that not many will take the offer, I suspect this program is intended to snitch those that are in limbo and since they get to trade-in without the hassle of looking for honest buyer, hey why not?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3442
    The trade in deal is not intended to appeal to iPhone 6 users. It's intended for those whose iPhones are 2-3 years old. I know many iPhone users that are tired of paying Apple's exorbitant prices for phones. They will certainly look and kick the tires with a rebate offer. Most won't buy a blackberry but a few will. It's mission accomplished.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    12-02-14 11:39 PM