Okay, so my water-damaged Berry has been "soaking" in a bag of white rice for 8 hours, but alas, it's still not functioning. It powers up; goes to home screen. But the trackball is "sticky" and the keyboard doesn't register.

Someone mentioned a solution you can use to completely de-moisturize these things. Anyone recall? I doubt it'd work, but it's better than laying out another $169 to replace a phone purchased two months ago
    12-04-08 12:07 AM
    The rice trick didn't work because you obviously aren't being patient enough to do it right. You are supposed to leave the device powered off for a few days in the rice, not give it 8 hours, checking it every 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 12:12 AM
    Jenay is correct. 8 hours is not nearly enough and if it has any
    chance of recovery at all, not powering it on while it is drying out
    is imperative. Any residual moisture has the potential of frying it completely.
    12-04-08 12:18 AM
    Jenay is correct. 8 hours is not nearly enough and if it has any
    chance of recovery at all, not powering it on while it is drying out
    is imperative. Any residual moisture has the potential of frying it completely.

Thanks. The Verizon rep told me to give it 4-5 hours, and that since the damage was very fresh it didn't need much longer. I'll stick it back in there.

Thanks, also, for not being a smarmy ***hole like the prior poster.
    12-04-08 12:47 AM
    Yep Im with Jenay on that, 8 hours is no good it will need at least a couple of days..
    12-04-08 03:47 AM
    yup- if it's powering up and they keyboard is not registering it should be okay but it's not dry yet...stick it in there for two days on off and don't touch!
    12-04-08 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD