bblife, I want to see you around cause it's nice to see open minded people around on the forums and not just a biased pro or anti member. But I don't know if the mods are going to like all that name calling you're doing lol
    bb4life21 likes this.
    06-27-13 12:34 AM
    bblife, I want to see you around cause it's nice to see open minded people around on the forums and not just a biased pro or anti member. But I don't know if the mods are going to like all that name calling you're doing lol
    "it's nice to see open minded people around on the forums and not just a biased pro or anti member."
    Thanks and noted...but I don't know if you heard...since I don't think the z10 is the most perfect device in the world...I am paid Samsung mole.
    06-27-13 01:10 AM
    If the poster thinks that is a fair analogy, (Mercedes Dealer), it tells you something about their perspective, they see these forums as a place to SELL BB. So it would be no surprise if they come across like a BB salesmen. I wouldn't expect to have many rational exchanges.

Wrong but its like anything else. If you are looking for a product, you just don't go buy the thing without actually doing research on it. It's a perfect analogy to put it in the terms I stated in the post. If you don't understand the use of an analogy, BlackBerry smartphones and their issues are the least of your concern.
    06-27-13 04:29 AM
    It's hilarious lol The sad thing is he really thought that analogy made sense....one thing is for sure blackberry definitely lost a lot of the "business minded" customers over the last two years
    Analogy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - "Analogy (from Greek ἀναλογία, analogia, "proportion"[1][2]) is a cognitive process of transferring information or meaning from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target), or a linguistic expression corresponding to such a process. In a narrower sense, analogy is an inference or an argument from one particular to another particular, as opposed to deduction, induction, and abduction, where at least one of the premises or the conclusion is general"

Dude, I feel you would defend it to the death that if we said the sky is blue, you'll scream that it's orange. Use your heads for crying out loud. RE-READ the post.
    06-27-13 04:32 AM
    Analogy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - "Analogy (from Greek ἀναλογία, analogia, "proportion"[1][2]) is a cognitive process of transferring information or meaning from a particular subject (the analogue or source) to another particular subject (the target), or a linguistic expression corresponding to such a process. In a narrower sense, analogy is an inference or an argument from one particular to another particular, as opposed to deduction, induction, and abduction, where at least one of the premises or the conclusion is general"

Dude, I feel you would defend it to the death that if we said the sky is blue, you'll scream that it's orange. Use your heads for crying out loud. RE-READ the post.
    So you also think coming to a phone forum for advice is the same as going to a car dealership?? Lol This has to be a bad joke. You really can't be this slow haha...can you??? ok just for argument sake please explain how that analogy is logical. And here's a free hint.. don't use Wikipedia because it didn't help you.
    06-27-13 05:43 AM
    Wrong but its like anything else. If you are looking for a product, you just don't go buy the thing without actually doing research on it. It's a perfect analogy to put it in the terms I stated in the post. If you don't understand the use of an analogy, BlackBerry smartphones and their issues are the least of your concern.
    You started your statement off with "Wrong but its like anything else"...wtf??? But that didn't stop you from trying to justify it with meaningless dribble after hahahahaha.

PS. It all makes sense now. I just realized you're the genius who started this thread complaining about whiny threads..by making a whiny thread. At least you're staying consistent. Good job!!
    06-27-13 05:51 AM
    Some Posting Advice! - Response to the Negativity-boxxy-omfg-meme-generator-wuts-going-thread-3aaa26.png
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    oaknut john likes this.
    06-27-13 07:36 AM
    A proper comparison would be doing research at a BB/Apple/Samsung store to decide which handset was best before buying. Your choice of a mixed company (as far as brand preference) forum is a poor one.

Being an analogy by definition does not make it a good one, or applicable in a given situation.
    06-27-13 09:44 AM
    Apparently analogies are a moot point since people don't seem to understand them and/or why they're used.

Nonetheless, let's just agree to disagree because the arguments are going no where. I'm just as tired as the next guy seeing these negative threads come in droves with the same title. Nothing we can do about it, so how about we just move on. It's getting old now.
    06-27-13 09:50 AM
    Im not going to get in to the devices I've previously owned, my line of work, my knowledge of the different operating systems, or anything gimmicky that would make me sound as if I am putting in my application for the next open position as a dev in any company. What I will get in to is this:

I happen to love coming on the forums even if I'm not religiously posting. Many people have the same questions, concerns, comments as me so why reiterate for the 50th time. I DO get fed up with you morons who post nothing but GARBAGE threads, bashing a PHONE...a company...an operating system...your mothers cooking...or anything that really holds no water.

I would assume most of you "power" users to the casual phone user knows that Apple and Android ARE ahead in the app department..we dont need 200 threads on it...and the OS Updates...holy crap, you would think people were waiting for million dollar tax refunds....it's a PHONE UPDATE...IT WILL NOT GET YOU LAID...I PROMISE...another post earlier from someone who would rather not feed his family to have a job that would secure BB10 stuff (DUDE....does BlackBerry send you a check? Get real).

Trending Topics (which you trolls love more than anything) DAILY are "OMG, THIS PHONE IS GOING BACK"..."OMG, S4 IS THE WAY TO GO"..."BlackBerry Won't Make It"...etc. Now I'm no fanboy of ANY OS but I DO really like BB10. Is it a little lack luster in some areas? Yes. So what? What phone/brand isn't? If the phone/OS/Apps/Security was so important to you, just diving in to a phone is like just buying a car without test-driving only to ***** about the problems later on you "didn't know" or "seemed deceiving".

Clearly, there's some lackluster thinking skills among some of you grown folks. You should've known what you were getting in to before you got in to it. Moving forward, let's start using the brain cells and THINK before we SPEAK or DO.

Unfortunately, common sense isn't common knowledge.

Totally ridiculous. First of all, I doubt that most people bashing phones are "grown folks with lackluster thinking skills". I think most are 20 year olds looking for instant gratification and magic and releasing their uncontrolled emotions on a forum.

If you can't "bash" a phone here (which is not what really happens), where do you suggest people complain about the phone they just bought? Should they go to a Chevy forum to complain about their Blackberry experience? Or is it better to get some feedback from other people using the same device?

Comparing buying a phone to buying a car is hilarious and says a lot about how the op views his phone. There is no way possible that you can tell what a phone is going to be like without owning it for a while. You check it out in the store and still have no idea of how well or how badly that phone is going to work for you. There are no test drives on cell phones. Once you have test driven the phone, it's yours and you have a legit reason to get on a forum to tell people what you think about it.

I find it amusing how so many people can complain about complaining. You say you don't want to post the same question for the 50th time yet you start a thread complaining about complainers. As if expecting common sense to be common knowledge or anyone to "THINK before we SPEAK or Do" isn't elitist or funny enough.
    06-27-13 10:12 AM
    Some good ones. Don't forget some of these doozies:

"I've never seen a Windows phone in public, not a single one, not ever."
    "Why would you want to do that?"
    "What? Not enough fart apps?"
    "Why do you even post here, you're clearly a fanboy"
    "You're a paid Samsung/Apple/Google/Microsoft shill"
    "Story made up by the shorts"
    You forgot, "we use tools, not toys". lol

I'm always amused by this. I actually use an iPhone for work and a Z10 and PlayBook for personal devices.
    mikeo007 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    06-27-13 11:13 AM
    Ok folks, lets start to tone down the attitudes and keep this to a friendly debate.

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    ukmight likes this.
    06-27-13 01:19 PM
    great post... appreciate the active moderation in the forums.... It is unfortunate with the high amount of trolling, people are frustrated and take onto anyone who suggests that they are having difficulty with the phone. The BlackBerry community is a very strong one and does not like to be treated that way.
    CrackBerry should do a nice article on trolling and loyalty in the forums. I know it is a tough one but will surely be a nice read. It could be taken up by Mobile Nations TM as one of their topics for an unbiased view.

Ok folks, lets start to tone down the attitudes and keep this to a friendly debate.

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    Last edited by ukmight; 06-27-13 at 10:28 PM.
    06-27-13 02:05 PM
    First of all, I doubt that most people bashing phones are "grown folks with lackluster thinking skills". I think most are 20 year olds looking for instant gratification and magic and releasing their uncontrolled emotions on a forum.

I think there's definitely some truth to that. In the old days they might have been outside working on a car, chopping wood or playing basketball, nowadays they're inside on a laptop for hours bashing some smartphone platform.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    06-27-13 02:06 PM
    Totally ridiculous. First of all, I doubt that most people bashing phones are "grown folks with lackluster thinking skills". I think most are 20 year olds looking for instant gratification and magic and releasing their uncontrolled emotions on a forum.

If you can't "bash" a phone here (which is not what really happens), where do you suggest people complain about the phone they just bought? Should they go to a Chevy forum to complain about their Blackberry experience? Or is it better to get some feedback from other people using the same device?

Comparing buying a phone to buying a car is hilarious and says a lot about how the op views his phone. There is no way possible that you can tell what a phone is going to be like without owning it for a while. You check it out in the store and still have no idea of how well or how badly that phone is going to work for you. There are no test drives on cell phones. Once you have test driven the phone, it's yours and you have a legit reason to get on a forum to tell people what you think about it.

I find it amusing how so many people can complain about complaining. You say you don't want to post the same question for the 50th time yet you start a thread complaining about complainers. As if expecting common sense to be common knowledge or anyone to "THINK before we SPEAK or Do" isn't elitist or funny enough.
    LMAO...I'm glad to see you're also getting a good laugh out of some of these posters
    06-27-13 02:42 PM
    I think the major issue is that people who post on this forum aren't professional writers. Try to remember that. I think that most of them don't intend to troll. But, if you don't reply with your stupid comments,the thread will die.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But that speech would have never happened if the Blind Fanboy wouldn't have saved him...

I've seen threads of legitimate complaints of known issues full of people responding. "My phones fine, derp"

It's just as useless as a troll response

Posted via CB10
    Yep. And when people say they are leaving, the thread is flooded with stupid remarks that drive it into the Trending Now section.

No one cares if it isn't for you.
    Posted via CB10
    I care. People also stated their reasons for leaving. Combine that with the fact that a TMobile store manger had a Z10 on his hip one week and something else the next. His reasons for dumping it were pretty much the same as everyone else's.

I spent $1,200 on a SpringField Armory EMP 1911 .40...even after reading all the negative reviews. After breaking it twice, multiple failure to feeds I concluded that this was not the weapon that will protect and defend myself, the ones i care about and those that dont even know me. I didnt go to a site and talk smack..Hell im a grown man who knew what the possible outcome would be. In the end I secured my Z10, made some calls, and bought a Glock 23. oaknut john, if just one them picks up on the point you are conveying, you have succeed. Thank you.

BleedBlk-
    Kimber, Colt, Dan Wesson, or STI. In .45 ACP. STI also make a 2011, it has a double stack mag.

It doesn't pay your mortgage or rent. It doesn't feed your family.
    But for some of us it does my friend.
    06-27-13 03:37 PM
    I was going to reply, but then my Z10 exploded into a million fiery pieces, killing my family and destroying an entire city block after crashing when I tried to download the BBM app! I am SO disappointed and am taking it back to replace it with the far, FAR superior iPhone 5, which anybody who isn't lobotomized and comatose will tell you is a vastly superior phone. SO DISAPPOINTED with BlackBerry!

*ducks and runs*

(It's a joke, people, a JOKE!)
    06-27-13 07:03 PM
    End thread

Posted via CB10
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    06-27-13 07:25 PM
    I was going to reply, but then my Z10 exploded into a million fiery pieces, killing my family and destroying an entire city block after crashing when I tried to download the BBM app! I am SO disappointed and am taking it back to replace it with the far, FAR superior iPhone 5, which anybody who isn't lobotomized and comatose will tell you is a vastly superior phone. SO DISAPPOINTED with BlackBerry!

*ducks and runs*

(It's a joke, people, a JOKE!)
    Iphone5=expensive brick

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:35 AM
    Good Points OP..too much negativity and panicing

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:06 AM
    Which, does not hide the post of the ignored person on the CB 10 app. Not for me. Anyway.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    06-29-13 01:03 PM
    You speak the truth, OP. The behavior I've been seeing has been ridiculously childish. I still have faith in BlackBerry's chance to succeed and do away with the negative stigma it's been slapped with years ago.

We need to move on. Can't dwell in the past. There's work to be done.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 05:32 PM
    You speak the truth, OP. The behavior I've been seeing has been ridiculously childish. I still have faith in BlackBerry's chance to succeed and do away with the negative stigma it's been slapped with years ago.

We need to move on. Can't dwell in the past. There's work to be done.

Posted via CB10
    I aggree

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 08:05 AM
    With short interest so high on stock and no shortage of trolls no wonder why people come to crackberry to bash blackberry...fed up with this negativity on CB...Moderators should actively find these bashers and throw them out.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:37 PM
    Sometimes folks with a lot of posts get big heads and think they own forums, when in fact, their repeated posts are more abusive than trolls!

Lord knows that if Blackberry would produce a great product, then there would be no trolls or negative comments right?

Have a great day!

Standard retort from a troll.

Not saying you are one, but that is Standard Retort #5527 for trolls.

If you were actually being reasonable and balanced, you would have mentioned that while SOME people jump too quickly to label someone a "troll" simply because they disagree on something, a lot of people DO NOT, and that trolls ARE a legitimate problem in online fora. If that were not the case, it wouldn't come up constantly the way it does.

Electronic devices, especially smartphones, are now culturally highly intertwined with people's sense of ego, reputation, and cultural standing. As such, they often become very emotionally invested in defending or criticizing the products, platforms, manufacturers or users, as it has become another form of religion or tribe, in a sense.

Bears repeating, that is all.

Good strategy. I have done the same, for the most part. Every once in a while, I succumb to a troll/advocacy thread. (Like today.)

FWIW: I recommend usage of the "hide/ignore user" function. It can be very beneficial for your blood pressure.
    07-05-13 02:23 PM
150 ... 456