I thought we could all stand to read some positive press for once. I ran across this article while scanning google news today:

Getting Stuff Done: Pt 2, Android, BlackBerry or iPhone?

The author compares the Motorola XPRT, Apple iPhone 4, and Blackberry Bold 9900. The winner, in terms of "getting stuff done" was the 9900 hands-down.

One nice quote: "I felt like I could do my freaking� job on the Bold, and doing the same from XPRT made me long for a better Android phone."

It's not all positive, but it's the best assessment I've seen outside of Crackberry.
    miktro likes this.
    09-18-11 09:47 PM
    good find i like it.
    09-18-11 11:28 PM
    I am realizing that the two mobile operating systems I am truly able to get work done on, without purchasing a bunch of applications, are Blackberry and Windows Phone. I know realize just how much I was missing with Android and I never did take to iOS on the iPhone.
    09-18-11 11:37 PM
    Just one mans personal preference really. I love BB, but they really arebehind the times with quite a few things. Honestly think if their app market was more robust and they had better PR marketing they wouldn't be sitting where they are.

Time tells all and honestly hope they pull out of the funk they are in. They really need QNX and fast!

Also the motorala expert really wasn't a good comparison to use as it isn't that good of an Android phone. I don't want to hear about how much it compared to a 9900 because they were throwing the iPhone in there as well, which don't make sense as it is full touch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 11:48 PM
    Lets face it for basic functionality BlackBerry wins hands down, I personally don't mind if the web is a bit slow, I know though that this and other things are really important to others but for me, this is a great artical. Sadley I still await my new torch 9810 (UK) but not to long to wait now
    09-19-11 04:21 AM
    Blackberry is and has always been the one to do the basic stuff. Love my BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-11 05:17 AM
    Great read. Thanks for posting the link. BB has a lot of areas where things are just simple and easy. Auto text, and keyboard short cuts are my two faves, I don't think I could live with a phone that didn't have auto text.
    09-19-11 09:03 AM
    It's great... RIM are making good steps with the 9900 new Bold
    09-19-11 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD