I thought you guys might like this:

Dan Snow: 'Anyone who doesn't love Twitter is an *****' | Technology | The Observer

"What's your favourite gadget?
    My BlackBerry. I'm one of the few who haven't converted to iPhone. Touchscreens are infuriatingly rubbish for writing and editing pieces of any length, but the BlackBerry keyboard is great for that when you're in a battlefield or not near your laptop. If I ever spot another middle-aged square with a BlackBerry, I always assume they're a journalist or writer of some kind. People try to tell me, "Apple have run efficiency tests and an elephant can accurately type their name on the new touchscreen blah blah". But that's a PR exercise in a lab in Stanford. In the real world where I live, I can type and edit much faster on a Blackberry."
    06-23-14 03:46 AM
    It is so true. I am one of those who thought all touch keyboards would be fine too. Although never liked the iPhone keyboard, didn't seem to have much problem with my personal Z10 or even the SwiftKey keyboard on my Nexus 5 that I am using for work. However, I find myself increasingly inaccurate with these keyboards, forced to go back and constantly fix the words (less on Z10). So, with the introduction of BB Classic, I am now itching to get one and go back to PKB. I remember how efficient and fast I was in my BlackBerry Curve days.

Posted via Z10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    06-23-14 04:29 AM
    A Q10 I see.
    06-23-14 05:43 AM
    Good read. Checked the apps he likes. None are on the Q10 only Iphone. Sad because Timeline looks sick!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 06:06 AM
    Good read. Checked the apps he likes. None are on the Q10 only Iphone. Sad because Timeline looks sick!

Posted via CB10
    He also has an iPad mini, I assume that's what he uses those apps on.
    06-23-14 06:33 AM
    Fun read. Entertaining and clever guy.
    06-23-14 12:03 PM
    As much as I love my z30, and I won't go back until a slider comes out, unless I fall for the passport, I must admit.....i miss the keypad of my old Bold 9000.

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    06-23-14 12:26 PM
    I thought you guys might like this:

Dan Snow: 'Anyone who doesn't love Twitter is an *****' | Technology | The Observer

"What's your favourite gadget?
    My BlackBerry. I'm one of the few who haven't converted to iPhone. Touchscreens are infuriatingly rubbish for writing and editing pieces of any length, but the BlackBerry keyboard is great for that when you're in a battlefield or not near your laptop. If I ever spot another middle-aged square with a BlackBerry, I always assume they're a journalist or writer of some kind. People try to tell me, "Apple have run efficiency tests and an elephant can accurately type their name on the new touchscreen blah blah". But that's a PR exercise in a lab in Stanford. In the real world where I live, I can type and edit much faster on a Blackberry."
    Yup, I had the Z10 and I really was....meh....but once I got the Q10 I was in love with it. To me, a BlackBerry is synonymous with a fabulous physical keyboard. It didn't feel like a BlackBerry on the Z10. Looking back, I felt the same way about my 9860.

I can totally use a touchscreen phone, I'm used to my iPhone and my SGIII. But it feels like home to pound away on a physical keyboard. This is the reason I'll jump on the Passport (or the Classic, but I think Passport most likely) and I'll totally pass on the Z30 and the fabled Z50.

I'm with the writer. I can pound on a traditional Qwerty without thinking.
    06-23-14 01:18 PM
    I type well on both virtual and physical keyboards. I was very skeptical about virtual keyboards until I got my Z10. It changed my mind about virtual keyboards.
    06-23-14 02:55 PM
    I type well on both virtual and physical keyboards. I was very skeptical about virtual keyboards until I got my Z10. It changed my mind about virtual keyboards.
    I felt the same, and thought I would never want to go back to the physical keyboard. But, I gradually started making more mistakes typing on both my Z10 and Nexus 5, to the point that I started missing the physical keyboard. Seeing the Classic, it reminds me of the old Bold, which to me was the best looking phone ever, even though I never had one. So now, I can't wait to buy a Classic when it comes up.

Also, I hope our company starts adopting BB10, so I can use one phone for both personal and work. Since I do most of my typing on work emails, it would be shame to have to use my Nexus for it when I will have the Classic keyboard sitting next to me, watching!

Posted via Z10
    06-23-14 08:16 PM
    Thanks for sharing! Actually using a Z10 but being around the forums makes me really wanna try a qwerty phone and get a classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 08:30 PM
    What kills me is the fact all these articles are so positive even analysts are loving blackberry again 6 months ago they were saying blackberry was dead and buried. You have to wonder about the media sometimes. The term lemmings comes to mind. Just a few small changes and now everyone's jumping for joy. Ridiculous. Hopefully blackberry does come around so they really can say we told you so.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    06-23-14 10:43 PM
    Hey BD great find! I've switched to a Z10 but I've always loved the BlackBerry keyboard. Even though I could have sold off my 9900 and even the Q10 if I really wanted I kept them both. I like having the option of switching back and forth. So question for you BD: Is the Classic tempting to you? Since you are our well known resident opponent to BB10 sans trackpad. I know it doesn't have BIS but we can't really help that now.

Picture for you I posted to Z10 pics thread earlier:

Some love for BlackBerry in The Guardian-img_20140623_162550.jpg

It's only missing my 9360 and the Z10 in the pic is just an empty hull and spare screen. That 7280 is still kicking. Good for BrickBreaker.

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    06-23-14 11:05 PM

Picture for you I posted to Z10 pics thread earlier:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140623_162550.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	280022

It's only missing my 9360 and the Z10 in the pic is just an empty hull and spare screen. That 7280 is still kicking. Good for BrickBreaker.

Posted via CB10
    Nice photo of your phones together. That 9900 over there is still the sexiest, best-looking phone ever. <3

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 02:29 AM