I hadn't realized how much I enjoyed my phone till recently after 10.2. But then people really started trying to rag on me over my BlackBerry. I noticed this much more recently than before. I just find it funny that they want me to switch off it but know nothing about it. I also find it funny that for me to switch to something else would be a compromise for me as opposed to the current system that works very well for me.

Two days ago one of my coworkers was bugging me about how it was obsolete. So as I am laughing along going yea whatever, he tells me he needs a fast phone and how android is so great. The only thing about his Nexus 4 is its 3G only. At this point I stopped, laughed and said, "Wait. You're telling me my BlackBerry which obsolete and slow but your Nexus 4 which doesn't have LTE like my BlackBerry is so fast and modern?" The lady in front of us turned looked at him and started laughing. Was quite the moment.

Then today again, I am checking the time on my phone and someone says what is that. I tell him that its the Z10 at which point he asks me how disappointed I am. I laugh cause I found it funny but I ask why of course. He goes on to tell me it has no apps and that I need Instagram. I don't use Instagram, nor would I if it were offered. I barely use Twitter and FaceBook as it is but he insists that I need an iPhone. So to humour him I tell him that I would need the 64GB version of that phone in order to get the same level as my current BlackBerry with SD card as I have music, videos, photos and what not on it. The guy standing next to him then tells me I could just go with the smaller hard drive version and I think he said lower the quality, reduce the amount of stuff I have on my phone, you know adapt to the iPhone's smaller hard drive.

This perplexed me a bit so I looked him in the face and said, so I should give up the phone that works perfectly for me, that I got for $400, that handles my emails, phone calls, texts, BBM's and so forth best for me and pay $800(going rate for a 16GB 5S) that won't be able to do what I need it to do? All so I can get access to one app, that I wouldn't use? He looked at me for a second said oh, then walked away head down.

Like honestly!

11-06-13 08:17 PM
    LOL, Touche.
    11-06-13 08:24 PM
    I enjoyed reading this. Rock on brother, power to those who know how to use a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:26 PM
    Lol just to be clear, I do not get offended by these questions, in fact I laugh at a lot of them. But its just funny for me to find a weakness and attack it!
    11-06-13 08:35 PM
    Yeah, throw a lemon-meringue pie instead!

Q10 and Canadian all the way! Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791
    11-06-13 08:39 PM
    I find that people r intimidated by the Z10 cause they have never seen a BlackBerry like it. Power on OP!

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    11-06-13 10:07 PM
    I find that people r intimidated by the Z10 cause they have never seen a BlackBerry like it. Power on OP!

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    If I am honest, I think its cause they fail to understand that others don't share the same values, needs or wants as they do. Some value brands, some value games, some value apps, some value build materials, some simply value easy to use and top notch communications with the other stuff on the side.
    clickitykeys likes this.
    11-06-13 10:14 PM
    Great read OP. I usually get asked how much I love my Z10. Not how disappointed in it I am. Lol.

Even the Apple diehards that bring me their phones and tablets to set up understand that I prefer BlackBerry and never once have I been asked why I don't get a such and such a phone instead.

However - I am the techie at my offices so no one would dare to question my choice of phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 10:21 PM
    Yuuuuup. Being imprisoned by the storage capacity of an iPhone has to be the most frustrating feeling especially for a 16gb phone with no expansion slot. Yet somehow people are ok with it. How many times has anyone heard of iPhone user saying, they can't take a picture cuz they have no room. My response, are you f****** kidding me? Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 10:25 PM
    I never realize people had these attitudes I only had one comment about Blackberry phones when somebody told me it was really ugly . I pointed out that his wife was not much of a looker either but people were probably too polite to tell him.
    I live in a small rural town in the UK where phones are not normally high on the topics of conversation and spend a high percentage of my time overseas so these sort of conversations are not the sort of thing that happens.

I have a Z10 , I was going to get a Q10 but the Z was half the price and as I have a personal relationship with every penny I have purchasing the Z was less painful and involved a lot less crying on my behalf.
    Actually I recall flying out of Dubai a couple of months ago I got my phone out to text [allowed on Emirates], and a fellow traveler asked "oh what is that" and I simply replied "a phone" unfortunately it seems denying him the opportunity to make a comment and getting far more back.

I just started to like my Z10 a lot more now it seems to have a negative status effect, I love "oddball" stuff and do not care one bit of peoples opinions of either me nor the choices I make , I make them to satisfy my needs not theirs and they can comment how they like but they had better be prepared to get far more back than they have the opportunity to give.

We can regard ourselves as Exclusive and very demanding in our choices, not odd.
    11-06-13 10:37 PM
    I am amazed by how people judge persons by the phones they use. I own a Z10, Android phone and an iPad, so what?
    11-06-13 10:53 PM
    Hehe, OP was fun to read.

I sometimes see people do a double-take when they see my Q10, e.g., at a gym. Fortunately, other than a self-absorbed Radioshack proprietor, no one has attempted to convert me outright.

Most of my family and friends know that I went from Android to BlackBerry. They know that the Q10 is my daily crackberry fix, so there is only good-natured ribbing when the phone comes up in discussions. :-).

BBQ10
    11-06-13 11:00 PM
    I love BB! I love my Z30 period!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-06-13 11:23 PM
    Weirdly I never get any jabs from people over the features of my phone, likely because they have no idea what it can do. After I tell them it's a BlackBerry they immediately go into "Oh yeah, what are you going to do now that they're going bankrupt?"

People seem to believe that if the manufacturer of a device goes out of business, that device will immediately and without warning, self-destruct.

I used to get mad. Now I'm just tired of answering the same dumb questions over and over and over again.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 11:30 PM
    I don't mind the questions lol. They are funny, especially when I can turn then around on the person asking.

By doing this and not in a mean way per se, this person now can think hey maybe that BlackBerry isn't so bad after all.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 07:57 AM