A closed previous thread linked to a blog "article" on the W.S Cheat Sheets by Emilie Knapp had a dramatic title : "research-in-motion-the-decline-and-fall" (S.E.O UNoptimized ;-)).

While I was fighting for my comment to appear on this bash - Facebook social pugin suxxs so much you can't publish, even with crazy "public" privacy settings- I noticed that the title changed to :"What Role Did Research in Motion Play in its Own Demise?"

Still full of mis/de-information ... but I thought it was fair to point the work of the editor (I suppose it's his action) to keep a reasonable level of objectivity. Good point.

If some of you read the article, this was my answer. Please note it's partial too ... it was a defense reflex, so if you wish to comment, please find/read the article bfore !

---
    Here we go again... same old song.

As usual, there's nothing - not even a slight word - about what's happening with RIM's reconstruction.
    You write about MS overseas, but only points out RIM's N.A market loss, while it performs quite well (not to say leads for some) in Europe, Asia, India, Indonesia... which are massively growing and loyal markets.

You crucify RIM's lack of innovation (which I can't blame you, if I referto past story) but don't even mention the BB10 OS to be delivered last 2012 quarter. This particular OS is what iOS was to BB in the 20th century: a "new user experience": nothing less. Accordingly, the BB10 range devices will also merge security and user friendliness with an amazing U.I (you know what a U.I is, yes?).

But there's more.

You even swipe (this world will sound familiar to the (approx.) 1.5 milli on users of the PlayBook) the fact that RIM isn't only Blackberry phones; it's also a giant in MDM/BYOD solutions. Recently the new iteration of their management software got enhanced, so that it is now able to manage Blackberry, iOs and Android devices.
    Slowly, people will realize that what they called "secure enough" wasn't at all. Not for sensitive data... no, just for their privacy. Even IBM didn't realize it before they were deeply engaged into BYOD policies. As a result, we can read "My God, what have I done" statements, regarding services like Siri (you named it) and apple's cloud.

And now, the "tragic story": people and write downs.

With $ 1.08 billion in inventory on the books and the launch of a new OS and phone in a few months, RIM might want to write down some of that inventory to generate more subs via contracts. In fact, they did this for Q1 using the previous non cash writedown and it worked as they continue to grow subs. This is a natural thing to do, you fire legacy workers, while hiring new employees for BB 10 and close out old inventory. High schools teach this stuff and even kids are aware of this when selling things to other kids...

You're right, you didn't need to state this. Only details...

All of these (and I must say I stop while I could double them) are not -by essence- something that investors can value, just because it's mostly technical perspective and most so-called "experts", "reporters", "analysts" aren't even reporting any of theses points. Unless there's another explanation... but I leave the conspiracy theory on its side.

Now, it's a question of timing.

If BB10 devices hit the market wit a fully baked and polished OS, things will solve by themselves - you can bet on it. So far, RIM's got enough cash (read it again : $ 1.08 billion in inventory on the books) to wait the end of the year, with or without a external participation.
    Yes it's "do or die", but your article only chews old sentences and considerations, serving the "empty glass", where wise middle-long term investors may detect a potential two digits raise. America loves success stories? You've learned Steve Job's marketing genius, you'll learn about Thorsen Heins rebuilding capabilities.

Sorry for my poor English.
    Keep on bashing, I'll average.

P.S : facebook social plugin suxxs.

Superfly_FR
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-30-12 at 03:28 PM.
    Sucroid and James Nieves like this.
    05-30-12 03:11 PM
    Quit FB, keep rockin' the BB. Problem solved
    05-30-12 04:04 PM
    Quit FB, keep rockin' the BB. Problem solved
    H�h� ... but how do I evangelize my French buddies if I leave FB ? They won't go to CB, my friend !
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-30-12 04:14 PM
    If they won't go to CrackBerry, they can go to ****.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-30-12 04:19 PM
    If they won't go to CrackBerry, they can go to ****.
    ... my page
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-30-12 04:23 PM
    ... my page
    Meh, the word wasn't page. LoL!

BTW - your English is fine, but it's sux not suxxs

PS - the preceeding destination suggestions were based on years of market research, combined with a strong belief the alternate location does exist.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-30-12 04:33 PM
    Meh, the word wasn't page. LoL!

BTW - your English is fine, but it's sux not suxxs

PS - the preceeding destination suggestions were based on years of market research, combined with a strong belief the alternate location does exist.
    I thought sux would be censored ;-)
    And for the alternate destinations ... can't be h3ll ... my buddies & I will wait for that :
    "When I die I'll go to h3ll because I've spent my time in heaven" (Spandau Ballet)

P.S: lol, sux is uncensored while opposite of heaven is ... mouhahahahahahaha
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-30-12 at 06:07 PM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-30-12 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD