I feel the need to express my admiration for so many of the folks who post on Crackberry. I've always thought of myself as a highly intelligent and very capable person. However, when it comes to the technical aspects of BlackBerry and other systems/platforms, I'm clearly not in the same league with so many of you here. I check the forum every day because I always learn something new. Some of you just blow my mind with your technical knowledge and your understanding of systems. I confess that, most of the time, I'm clueless in comparison. I can't single anyone out because there are so many of you that are in this category. There are those on this site whose posts I read whenever I see their nics because I always learn something. Well ... I just wanted to express my admiration and say a general thanks.
    07-15-12 10:41 AM
    Good thread. I would also like to say thanks
    to those members in this forum.
    When I first came here I didnt know much about
    BlackBerrys coming from an iPhone world, But now I consider myself a pro.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 10:54 AM
    Great thread, and totally agree - being part of the CB community is a continual joy, kudos to all

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 10:58 AM
    I agree. This site is a wealth of great knowledge freely given by unselfish, community minded members.

The background noise at times can be distracting.

But for problem solving. This is the spot to be.
    Thunderbuck and shaleem like this.
    07-15-12 11:08 AM
    Well said!

There's a reason I start my mornings on here! Love this site!.
    wendybeee, Deu2e and shaleem like this.
    07-15-12 11:36 AM
    I know I learn a lot! Thanks everyone!!
    07-15-12 11:41 AM
    Yep wholeheartedly agree with you on this one
    If it's about Blackberry you will definitely find whatever you're looking for right here.
    I was immediately impressed with the quality of this site and it's members when I
    stumbled upon it. So I too would like to express my gratitude to all those that have helped an educated me. Also have to mention the mods who in my opinion do a pretty good job around here.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 11:44 AM
    Great post OP!!!!!

I have learned almost everything I know about BIS here. Met amazing people. Some will be life long friends.

Love CB, the peeps, and the unsung heroes behind the scenes.
    07-15-12 12:27 PM
    Well said, OP!

CrackBerry is truly a great community and there are some awesome people here! I love interacting with others here and learning something new in the process!

Thank you for this fantastic thread!
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 12:42 PM
    Good post OP.... can't agree more...
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 12:59 PM
    I was thinking the exact thing eh. Crackberry has something that imore nor andriodcentrial doesn't have, which is the community feel.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 01:27 PM
    Having only been a BlackBerrian for two years, CB rocks. I came from WP6.5 and at the tender age of 60 had to learn how to get around and maximize the use of the platform. If it weren't for the patience and the assistance of this community and all it offers, I would have been in a world of hurt. I check CB everyday to see what is happening in the world of BlackBerry and to try to give back some of the help I've received.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 02:57 PM
    Right on, OP. CrackBerry is the BB place to be thanks to the wealth of knowledge aand a willingness to share around here. Without CB my BB use would be pretty primitive today. Instead the 9810 rocks these days!
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 03:39 PM
    This thread is laughable. When you compare these forums to an i-forum, you'll find that the i-forum has more members in the USA and far more threads. The i-forum ecosystem is so far ahead of the crackberry forum's that it is able to have entire threads devoted to flatulence apps alone!

Seriously, thanks everyone for all the help. Whenever I sit down at my computer, I am checking out crackberry.com. I have learned everything I know about my bold 9900 and my playbook from here. This site makes the devices better. You guys rock.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 03:58 PM
    Just reiterating what many others have said. The great people here truly make this site! Thanks for all of the knowledge and good times!
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 04:04 PM
    I agree! I went a year with my first BlackBerry before I found CrackBerry and it changed my perception of owning a smartphone. I learn something new every time I log on. It's an amazing "family" we have here.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 04:08 PM
    I came for the info, stayed for the community
    07-15-12 04:22 PM
    I knew nothing about blackberry's when I first joined this community years back.

I learn from the posts of others and try to remember in hopes that I can help people in the same way. I have been able to and its a good feeling to help out a fellow team blackberry member.

If you can get past a lot or fire starters and trolls there really is a strong community.

You learn who the drama queens and experienced people are after awhile.
    bungaboy and shaleem like this.
    07-15-12 04:52 PM
    I know exactly where you're coming from, OP. The device and carrier forums are simply amazing, and frequented by a lot of knowledgeable and HELPFUL users like Phill_UK, diegonei, Batter Pudding, etc.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 05:53 PM
    This is a nice thread. But I also like CrackBerry and I find it useful, and I like to help people. One issue I might be a genius and can spread my knowledge, and another issue I might not know a lot and someone can help me out. It all works out pretty well.
    louzer and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-15-12 06:21 PM
    CB is a big part of what I think of as the "culture of BB" and it's an important part of what keeps me with BB. Some people write off web forums as inconsequential bleating but I don't. The user base of BB is a mostly invisible diaspora (like the user bases of other platforms), but CB is the visible part of it, and I think the people here reflect well upon the products themselves.

What I've learned on CB goes way beyond the nitty gritty of BBs. I've learned things about finance, management, development, IT, and much more.

I've even learned that Qbnkelt is an Episcopalian. Who knew?
    07-15-12 06:21 PM
    OP great post. I have learned a lot from this site. I would also like to thank all the members who each day take the time to post. I'm sure there are a lot people out there becoming more knowledgeable each day because of this site. My hat off to Kevin who created this site and to all of you who contribute each day.
    shaleem and ajst222 like this.
    07-15-12 09:01 PM
    Agree with the OP, CrackBerry is a great online community. I've learned so much from people here. So thank you guys, for making CB forums such an awesome gathering of information, knowledge, and great people!
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 09:55 PM
    Without those people on this forum, my experience with BB would have been much ... shorter. It did help me overcoming lots of annoying problems that would have driven me away long time ago
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 10:59 PM
    Joined to learn more about my BB 8310 & have not left. Great place with better people that like to help.
    shaleem likes this.
    07-15-12 11:09 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD