Hi there,

First of all I hope this is the right place to put this thread. This is my first post...

So basically this is the story. My iPhone got stolen and I don't want to pay the ridiculous premium price for just a "independent" iPhone... so I've decided to get a BlackBerry. I'm just a bit confused as to which one to get and if there are new ones coming out soon.

The Berry that on first impression looks nice to me is the Bold but I don't know if it suits my needs.

I'd obviously like a Berry thats close to the same form factor as the iPhone. I'd like a good keyboard with good emailing. WiFi would be nice but isn't a must, 3G is a must and Mac compatibility is a must.

I have a T-Mobile SIM card that has a iPhone data plan on it so I assume that would just work on the Berry, and I'm assuming I would need an unlocked Berry in any case so are there any good places to find those for a good price.

I really appreciate any help!

snverhallen
    09-28-09 02:18 PM
    Hi,

You are lucky for Mac compatibility; RIM has made Desktop Manager for Mac available just recently and it'll be out very soon. Most new 'Berries have 3G, just have a look at blackberry.com for the different models and see what you like the most.

You might want to cancel your iPhone data plan, since it would probably work as a generic data plan with the BlackBerry. For e-mail and web browsing on the BlackBerry you need a BlackBerry Data Plan. Ask for more details from your carrier.
    09-28-09 02:25 PM
    Hi,

You are lucky for Mac compatibility; RIM has made Desktop Manager for Mac available just recently and it'll be out very soon. Most new 'Berries have 3G, just have a look at blackberry.com for the different models and see what you like the most.

You might want to cancel your iPhone data plan, since it would probably work as a generic data plan with the BlackBerry. For e-mail and web browsing on the BlackBerry you need a BlackBerry Data Plan. Ask for more details from your carrier.
    I see the 8900 has no 3G. The problem is that I still have a year left on my contract for the iPhone data plan but I guess I'll have to ask my carrier about that. And which Berry has the best keyboard the 8900 (Curve) or the 9000 (Bold)?

Thanks,

snverhallen
    09-28-09 02:52 PM
    Bold keyboard is the best keyboard ever on a blackberry. Just FYI.
    09-28-09 02:58 PM
    Bold keyboard is the best keyboard ever on a blackberry. Just FYI.
    Have just been looking at the 9700 and it looks pretty nice. Just wondering what the major differences are between the 9700 and the 9000. And when approx. the 9700 will come out in Europe (I live in Holland). I can wait tops 1 month. Also is the Bold OK if it goes in and out of my pocket everyday?

Thanks in advance,

Sean
    Last edited by snverhallen; 09-29-09 at 03:01 PM.
    09-29-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD