Just change to 9780 few days ago and after re-install the OS it happens exactly as this topic !!! Can not accept the "Terms & Conditions" even I've tried to delete & re-install several times.

Can anyone find out a workaround for this issue ?
    12-13-12 07:53 PM
    I haven't used Google maps in a long time. BB traffic is much better in my opinion. I hope y'all find a fix though.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-13-12 08:24 PM
    In my opinion I think you are going to see more and more of this kind of thing as different platforms are going to shut out other OS in the name of forcing you to chose what you want. If you cant live without Google maps than you may have to go to Android. I can see MS doing this also. The only way you can get BBM is on a Blackberry device.
    Except Google Maps has just reappeared on iPhone's app store yesterday. Haha.
    12-13-12 08:42 PM
    And I thought that it was only my phone. Google tricked me into it. They gave me the popup to update the app and then I got that damn error message. Damn you Google!!!
    12-13-12 09:43 PM
    For folks like me who need public transportation directions this really sucks. . .I really hope RIM is serious about this local app push cuz folks are iPhone crazy in NYC and Google Maps was the only app with transit directions. . .damn.. .
    12-13-12 10:05 PM
    Although I didn't have a "hybrid OS" or anything, I ran into that problem a few months ago. I uninstalled Google Maps and started using BlackBerry Maps. Then, recently I discovered I was able to re-install Google Maps, and I did -- all good now!
    12-13-12 11:50 PM
    I really like Google maps, mostly because I'm the passenger many times. But a couple of things crossed my mind. If you're driving, your eyes are supposed to be on the road, not the GPS map. We have Blackberry Traffic, which does a great job and even gives alternate routes.. So, what's the big deal? Or am I missing something?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-14-12 12:29 AM
    I really like Google maps, mostly because I'm the passenger many times. But a couple of things crossed my mind. If you're driving, your eyes are supposed to be on the road, not the GPS map. We have Blackberry Traffic, which does a great job and even gives alternate routes.. So, what's the big deal? Or am I missing something?
    Although I agree with you, that doesn't really have much to do with the problem here.
    12-14-12 12:34 AM
    So, what's the big deal? Or am I missing something?
    Google Maps is integrated with public transportation. BlackBerry Traffic, while it's a great app, is only useful for driving.
    12-14-12 12:43 AM
    Biggest problem for me is that RIM doesn't support even BB Map for Vietnam. We - Vietnam BBers do not have any better choice rite now.
    12-14-12 12:53 AM
    The most useful feature of Google maps is not driving directions, nor public transit routes. It's for finding stuff, like looking for a Starbucks in a new city you're visiting.
    Attached Thumbnails [Solved] Warning: Do not install any new os or update if you plan on using google maps-img_8704.jpg  
    12-14-12 12:57 AM
    (...)We have Blackberry Traffic, which does a great job and even gives alternate routes.. So, what's the big deal? Or am I missing something?
    We have Blackberry Traffic, but those outside North America will not know, that Traffic is limited to 'Canada United States'... So it is not much help for those in the rest of the world...
    12-14-12 03:22 AM
    The most useful feature of Google maps is not driving directions, nor public transit routes. It's for finding stuff, like looking for a Starbucks in a new city you're visiting.
    +1. It helped me find dunkin donuts and starbucks in malaysia
    12-14-12 03:50 AM
    Happened to me too. F#ck Google! I have been using Google maps daily for woek for 5+ years. It's a shame that Blackberry Maps and Blackberry traffic are completely f'ing useless. FML.
    12-14-12 04:50 AM
    This really does suck. I recently was messing around and tried a new OS. Got the "Serious Error" alert. I, too, like BB Maps, but the search for local stuff feature on Google Maps, and I'm just used to using it, makes it spotty for me to switch.

I hope there is a word around or a fix soon.
    12-14-12 08:39 AM
    I wish I had read this topic before upgrading my BB OS... Now I'm just stuck like everyone else.

I guess the issue is not with Google trying to block their Maps for BlackBerry, but more like a consequence of the app not being supported by anyone at Google's for a moment... So they probably just changed/deleted the external URL of their "Terms & Conditions" (T&C) so that the app is not correctly referring to them anymore. I'm saying there's an external URL for T&C because I remember the app proposed me to accept the new version of these T&C earlier this year (I think it was in April 2012, when Google changed their privacy policy), even though the app version/files hadn't been updated (it's version 4.5.3 since a very long time...).

If anyone has BlackBerry's app encoding knowledge, a possible workaround would be to make the app not referring to any external URL anymore, thus accepting the "Terms and Conditions" by default. Or maybe finding where the "Accept" of these T&C are stored (either within the app or in BB's databases) to make it "yes" by default... But I guess it's not easy to do so, given the complexity of encoding and all the security around the phone's databases...
    12-14-12 10:34 AM
    I bet they just accidentally broke something when setting up the iOS app. Hopefully, they realize it and look into fixing it. They aren't good at communication, ironically. When their Postini spam filter pay service went down, we couldn't get any info from them. It was down for hours with no way of knowing the status. When we finally gave up and started changing our MX records, the service came back. They lost a lot of customers that day...
    12-14-12 11:33 AM
    Mmmmm I just searched for Blackberry Traffic app and no result displayed, I do not have a problem with Google Maps at this time, but maybe not everybody will have this alternative...

This week I read on CB News that Google decided to stop supporting BB, and that Google Maps will no longer be an available app for us.

http://crackberry.com/where-did-goog...-blackberry-go

http://crackberry.com/google-sync-ap...omment-1385570
    Last edited by BB12MX; 12-14-12 at 01:20 PM. Reason: adding new link
    12-14-12 11:48 AM
    Mmmmm I just searched for Blackberry Traffic app and no result displayed, I do not have a problem with Google Maps at this time, but maybe not everybody will have this alternative...

This week I read on CB News that Google decided to stop supporting BB, and that Google Maps will no longer be an available app for us.

Where did the Google Mobile apps for BlackBerry go? | CrackBerry.com
    Search for BB traffic, not Blackberry.

Also, that link you posted does NOT say that "Google decided to stop supporting BB". They are asking questions, just like here.
    12-14-12 12:05 PM
    Updated mine to another hybrid and stopped working for me as well. Life goes on(gotta work with what's available)....and while BlackBerry Maps may not be as good or relevant as google maps, hopefully, this will be the catalyst to get the maps updated. LOL. With BB10, not really concerned with having access to 10, 000 apps and will be more impressed with the core apps that have been revamped and updated to replace other apps that have "abandoned ship" for BlackBerry.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-14-12 at 09:43 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-14-12 12:24 PM
    OK. My bad. I never paid much attention to BB Traffic being US and Canada only. So, there are tons of locations where it doesn't work. But my point was really that there'seems to be a growing trend of complaining about an app not working and blaming the app maker instead of first seeing if there's a functional alternative. A side effect of technology dependence?

As for finding nearby POI locations, if I'm in China or Malaysia, I'd be more likely to look for local food and drink than what I left half way around the world. And I'd at least take a stab at asking someone, first. At least till I can't find someone who can communicate with me. Personal is better. And there are Waze, Poynt, and LifeInPocket (among others), all of which have versions that work on some BBs.
    12-14-12 12:25 PM
    Search for BB traffic, not Blackberry.

Also, that link you posted does NOT say that "Google decided to stop supporting BB". They are asking questions, just like here.
    Also with bb traffic search, I got no results, I am at MX, maybe is not available for us ... and I read the article and it said that BB users will found that google apps are available for Android and Iphone devices (but I really do not care, so if I am wrong, ok) ... also another app is out ... Google sync ...
    12-14-12 01:23 PM
    Also with bb traffic search, I got no results, I am at MX, maybe is not available for us ... and I read the article and it said that BB users will found that google apps are available for Android and Iphone devices (but I really do not care, so if I am wrong, ok) ... also another app is out ... Google sync ...
    And, in the Google sync thread and front page post, it was pointed out that Google announced a long time ago that they'd end BB support in September. So we got over 2 extra months. Now it's time to see if they're here for BB10 and just dropped support for what will rapidly become legacy OSes. Or will they become fully competitors with no support for anything RIM?
    12-14-12 01:49 PM
    I'm really beginning to hate google on a principles level. ..... Bing anyone?

On a sinde note, using google chrome at the moment, and the spell check wants me to capitalize goolge, but not Bing.... what a bunch of self indulging d0uche bags!

easter egg this beeotches! ww.bing.com
    Mi.key likes this.
    12-14-12 02:03 PM
    I like BB Traffic and use it for GPS on the road. Its main weakness is that it requires an address. i.e. I wanted to get to a ferry terminal - there is no address for that here. Google maps immediately mapped out the route for me. On another instance, I was looking for a Korean restaurant nearby - again GMaps did it for me in seconds. Is there another way? Sure... I could have googled an address nearby the ferry terminal and got BB traffic to get directions to there, or I could have googled Korean restaurants and then placed them individually on a map to see which one was close. Point is, Google maps is the best navigation service all-round on the BlackBerry and to lose it is a major blow...
    12-14-12 02:03 PM
91 1234