That is what we BlackBerry users encounter all too often, when we go into a cellphone store.

I appreciate you hanging around. Please, let those who use convey the facts.
    go1ndr, Blacklatino and wu-wei like this.
    12-15-12 09:15 PM
    I haven't used Google maps in a long time. BB traffic is much better in my opinion. I hope y'all find a fix though.
    What's BB Traffic and where can it be downloaded from?

Roland
    12-16-12 04:28 AM
    What's BB Traffic and where can it be downloaded from?

Roland
    It's turn-by-turn guidance, that's currently available only for North America. RIM just partnered with Tom Tom, and hopefully will soon expand availability.

Free BlackBerry Traffic - Download BlackBerry Traffic - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    go1ndr likes this.
    12-16-12 08:48 AM
    BBMaps and BBTraffic are both awesome apps and very accurate and easy to use. A must have if you travel for business or pleasure, especially in big cities like LA or NYC.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-16-12 12:41 PM
    BBMaps and BBTraffic are both awesome apps and very accurate and easy to use. A must have if you travel for business or pleasure, especially in big cities like LA or NYC.
    I utilize BBTraffic when in the field on investigations. Works great....especially on road trips. Granted, Google maps are better, IMO. But, if they are not available, either use what is available, or take the old-fashion approach and review a "printed' map of where you're traveling.
    go1ndr likes this.
    12-17-12 11:53 AM
    BB Traffic is amazing!
    12-17-12 12:06 PM
    are you sure it is not in any way related to the hybrid OS you are using?
    12-17-12 01:04 PM
    I don't get why everyone is so mad at Google.

They make their money off of advertising, (predominately) and the more people who use their apps, the better, which is why they make them for the most popular platforms, even if they are competing with Android. The do, however, have to decide if dedicating the resources to keep old BBOS apps compatabile is worth it. considering that they are likely working on the apps for BB10, it's not too farfetched to believe that they just had to cut the old OS's loose.

It is also possible that they don't see enough benefit in it to continue supporting BB at all (much like they announced they won't be building apps for WP8 at this time) If that is the case, then you have 2 other platform choices that makes Maps available for those who depend on it. If they did decide to cut back their best apps to Android only, it would be no different than RIM keeping BBM to only BB.

I doubt that the risk of losing current Android users to BB10 is driving the change, seeing as how they give Android away to OEMs for free, because the OS itself isn't their money maker.

And the kicker, anyone who runs unofficial OS verisons shouldn't be in any way surprised that things don't always continue to work.
    That's not a kicker... it's misinformation.
    Never said it was. Simply that if Google decided to restrict their products in the future, it would be the same type of decision.

Attachment 128414 Also, it provides access to various links which will drive traffic.

In what way? I have yet to see any unofficial development converstaion which states that compatibility will absolutely not be affected. If fact, the usually start with statements like "Install at your own risk" or "I am not responsible if this borks/bricks/explodes your device." There is a reason app makers, carriers, and OS creators have to test things before updates go public.
    12-17-12 01:29 PM
    I utilize BBTraffic when in the field on investigations. Works great....especially on road trips. Granted, Google maps are better, IMO. But, if they are not available, either use what is available, or take the old-fashion approach and review a "printed' map of where you're traveling.
    So, if your BB Traffic stopped working, you would just move to a printed map or find another app or would you go online and try to find solutions?
    12-17-12 01:47 PM
    So, if your BB Traffic stopped working, you would just move to a printed map or find another app or would you go online and try to find solutions?
    SM - If BB Maps and BB Traffic stop working, we've got bigger problems than any map would solve.

go1ndr likes this.
    12-17-12 02:51 PM
    LOL. I'm good- either way. I remember using maps long before BlackBerries were ever a notion.
    SM - If BB Maps and BB Traffic stop working, we've got bigger problems than any map would solve.

True.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-17-12 09:47 PM
    I just don't get why people are so quick to dismiss an issue because it currently isn't affecting them. And there seems to be a weird amount of pushback like this is no big deal, again, because the commentor isn't affected. I'm sure if your phone stopped making calls, you'd just use a payphone... Problem solved...
    12-18-12 11:46 AM
    I just don't get why people are so quick to dismiss an issue because it currently isn't affecting them. And there seems to be a weird amount of pushback like this is no big deal, again, because the commentor isn't affected. I'm sure if your phone stopped making calls, you'd just use a payphone... Problem solved...
    Ummmm.......in this case, the problem was solved.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-18-12 11:54 AM

LOL
    Would that be a problem for you.....using a payphone to solve the problem? It would for me because I don't see many payphones around anymore. Also, it's not a quick dismissal. Even if it really was an issue (for most) when something else that you can change to and/or is readily available, then...? But, everyone has an opinion.
    12-18-12 12:11 PM
    12-18-12 01:42 PM
    I did a new OS install yesterday and i was able to accept the terms and conditions of Google Maps, so it seems this problem is solved and no longer requires the workaround posted.

JP
    03-04-13 11:30 AM
91 ... 234