Dear Forummers,

I posted in another thread about this problem I had:

I need help! I have my Curve 8900 for about 3 weeks now. Everything had been fine till now. Whenever I lock the keypad, either by pressing the Keypad Lock button (located at top left corner) or by holding down "A" button, the Hourglass icon appears for like 1 sec before the keypad is actually locked. It used to be instantaneous (ie no hourglass icon appearing)!

The Culprit:

The lag / appearance of the hourglass is DUE TO MEMORY CLEANING (Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning) set to Enable. For some strange reason if you installed the free WORLDMATE app, it will automatically enable Memory Cleaning. Not only that, it will 'lock' the Memory Cleaning (you will see a small little red lock next to "Enable") and YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DISABLE THE MEMORY CLEANING! HENCE the lag/ hourglass whenever you lock your device!!!

Solution:

UNINSTALL THE WORLDMATE APPS! After you have done this, you will realised that the memory cleaning is set back to Disable and the hourglass will not appear again when you lock your device.

This problem had been bugging me for days and i have spent countless hours on the web to search for solutions. Finally i have found it and i hope this will help anyone else having this problem.
    12-04-09 08:43 AM
    I coulda told you THAT! Discovered it in a similar fashion.
    12-04-09 08:45 AM
    Thank you for that tip! That is one of the best ones I've seen in a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD