Former BlackBerry shareholder here. Owned the 9900, PlayBook, Z10 and BlackBerry Passport. After the recent news of Facebook's decision to discontinue support this 2017, I gave up on BB10. The native WhatsApp app suddenly stopped working perfectly. I got the android version to function on my Passport, but the app speed and notification integration was a downgrade. The performance was unacceptable for a phone that was valued at $799.00 CDN on launch. I expect basic functionality at that price. I depend on the popular social apps to stay connected with family, business colleagues, friends or newly met aquaintances.

Bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 and just sold my BlackBerry Passport. While it is truly unfair to compare these phones given the age of the Passport, we can still compare these phones! The S7 has more intricate functionality that saves the user his or her time. The Android experience is richer with more possibilities and is more developed than BB10. It is faster and better connects you to your fellow man. Of course, the Passport has its advantages but there is a reason why BlackBerry has gone from the world's most used smartphone to just 0.4% marketshare. There is clearly something better out there that BlackBerry cannot offer.

The Passport was great for viewing documents and excel spreadsheets. Notifications with the bright LED, loud speaker and vibration ensured you noticed the incoming communication. The Hub is revolutionary and is what I miss the most. The security behind the OS gave you peace of mind. But BB10 is now dead. The more I use the S7, the more I realize how much the Passport was lacking.

So why not the BlackBerry Priv? The best physical keyboard made by BlackBerry was on the 9900 and the Priv keyboard is a step backwards in design. The phone itself is great, however. The Priv has additional security features in comparison to other Android phones and that is an advantage. But the advantage is not substantial. If you're going Android, might as well go all the way. The Samsung Galaxy S7 is the best phone in the world. And no amount of marketing can give you that designation.

Farewell.
    05-03-16 01:35 AM
    S7 isnt the best phone, maybe the best phone for you but not for all of us.
    I didnt like the s7 edge, i did like the Huawei p9 more.. but i am still a passport user. I will wait 6 more months and than i will make my decision.
    05-03-16 01:45 AM
    Let me hold the door for you. Ciao.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 02:05 AM
    Bye! We are a lot that not liking at all your S7!!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 02:40 AM
    Enjoy your new device
    05-03-16 03:10 AM