Been playing with Galaxy S3 for a month and generally enjoyed it. and then I suddenly sold it and got 9900 and a PlayBook. Love the combo, great to feel those keys with my thumbs. No matter how many millions of its "calling displays" Samsung will sell this quarter, I'm with BB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-27-12 02:40 PM
    08-27-12 02:42 PM
    Been playing with Galaxy S3 for a month and generally enjoyed it. and then I suddenly sold it and got 9900 and a PlayBook. Love the combo, great to feel those keys with my thumbs. No matter how many millions of its "calling displays" Samsung will sell this quarter, I'm with BB.

Congrats. I sold the iPhone 4S to pickup a Bold 9900 and Playbook myself. Good combo. My life is more focused.
    08-27-12 02:44 PM
    Congrats. I sold the iPhone 4S to pickup a Bold 9900 and Playbook myself. Good combo. My life is more focused.

Very well said - exactly, my life is more focused now.

jweihrauch likes this.
    08-27-12 02:46 PM
    Also, I got brand new 9900 and 16GB PlayBook for the price of a gently used Galaxy SIII. Win.

08-27-12 02:50 PM
    Also, I got brand new 9900 and 16GB PlayBook for the price of a gently used Galaxy SIII. Win.

That's great! I have the 32GB Playbook and the black Bold 9900. With the proceeds from selling my iPhone 4S, I all but covered both devices.
    08-27-12 03:24 PM
    I'm on my third BB (9900) and generally like my Playbook. I haven't seen too many articles that deal with the problem of APP ENVY. I see it as a Herculean task to convince the developers of the highly popular Android and iOS apps to hit the reset button and develop for BB. Netflix defected; what are they doing, secretly working on a BB-10 app in their corporate basement? If the Playbook can get these apps, then all I need is my BB Bridge app and I will be content. If not, I'm throwing in the towel. 28CB6657
    08-27-12 03:33 PM
    I'm on my third BB (9900) and generally like my Playbook. I haven't seen too many articles that deal with the problem of APP ENVY. I see it as a Herculean task to convince the developers of the highly popular Android and iOS apps to hit the reset button and develop for BB. Netflix defected; what are they doing, secretly working on a BB-10 app in their corporate basement? If the Playbook can get these apps, then all I need is my BB Bridge app and I will be content. If not, I'm throwing in the towel. 28CB6657
    I'm really surprised to hear so many Bold models have failed you (Two is a lot). I'm hoping this one will hold out until BB10. I don't think you'll have much to worry about in Q1 of next year. I believe developers are finding it easier to develop for BB10 than OS5,6 and 7.

RIM understands the need for BlackBerry Smartphone's eco system to be filled with applications that users demand. The application shortage is the number one obstacle for consumers that desire the BlackBerry keyboard and social media integration. Hang in there.
    08-27-12 03:40 PM
    good for you. i am waiting for bb10 to come out,as soon as it does i will sell my galaxy s3 and go back to bb. i will never own an iphone, and android is to fragmented for my taste.
    08-27-12 04:35 PM
    good for you. i am waiting for bb10 to come out,as soon as it does i will sell my galaxy s3 and go back to bb. i will never own an iphone, and android is to fragmented for my taste.
    Do tell how this fragmented environment obscures your experience? Rather strange.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    08-27-12 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD