I'll try to keep this as brief as possible:
    I recently had to change carriers, and to help pay for the new carrier phones, I sold my Blackberry. I used BBSAK to wipe the device and reload the OS.
    I sold the BB, and the person whom I sold it to had mentioned upon setting up the email, he found my email icons appearing. Something to do with the pin still tied to my account, I guess? He said he manually deleted my accounts, and not as if I don't trust him, but my paranoia kicks in as usual and I'd like to be sure once and for all the buyer can't get to my email.

I tried going into the BIS web portal of my old carrier, but I'm not able to get in (naturally, the pin was released via the buyer calling my old carrier.) The only thing I could think of was change my email password. Any thing else I can do? Tried to call the carrier, but thy said they couldn't help (but that could have been because I didn't ask the right questions.)

Well, it wasn't as brief as I thought, sorry. So basically, is there any thing I should do? Is changing the email password good enough? Do I need to change any other passwords?
    Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 09:47 AM
    Next time, log into your BIS before you sell the device and remove the emails from the device.
    02-28-10 10:17 AM
    Next time, log into your BIS before you sell the device and remove the emails from the device.
    Hindsight is always 20/20, and sometimes the hardway is the only way to learn. I kind of figured that out when I heard about the issue.

Obvious post is obvious.

Any advice as to what I can do *now*?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by AliasWyvernspur; 02-28-10 at 02:55 PM.
    02-28-10 02:53 PM
    Change your password on your email accounts. Without the new password no more emails will go to the device.
    02-28-10 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD