Now some people been bashing me that specs mean everything in BB10 world when it comes to android apps launching and the speed and here is more proof of HOW WRONG YOU ARE....

Before I continue in no way shape or form saying that BB forever should be using old 3 year old technology...not saying that...anyone with common sense knows that with better hardware gives more advancement in the OS and what it can do. So I welcome BB phones with Quad Core and Octa Core Power and I will be one of the first to buy a BB phone like that

My argument here is that when it comes to the android player it has more to do with Android Runtime Improvement within BB10 and less to do with specs of the phone....now of course if you took 2 phones with the same software and one has better specs than the other of course the high spec phone will be faster duh that is common sense.

Now in this example one phone is the Z30 with 10.2.1 and one is the Z10 with 10.3

This is proof that hardware isnt everything. In the video the Z10 with the newer 10.3 software loads android apps much quicker than the Z30 which has 10.2.1 and much better hardware. So my fellow crackberrians explain to me if hardware is everything why does the Z10(which is far inferior) load the android apps much quicker than the Z30 (Which is much superior) when launching android apps.....

12-24-14 07:56 PM
    You are on a roll with these threads, hahah
    Umaima_B_Dia and MarsupilamiX like this.
    12-24-14 08:03 PM
    You are on a roll with these threads, hahah
    LOL yup because I want to see what excuse people are going come up with in terms of specs is everything when using the android runtime and those two videos just proves my point that it doesn't I know hands on because when I owned the Z10 at one time and installed the leak 10.3 and my co worker who has 10.2.1 on his Z30 cuz he is stubborn and doesnt want to install a leak. We have a few android apps on our phones instagram and a few others we share on the both phones. When he played with the Z10 I carried to work he was like WTF how come android apps launcher quicker and perform better on your Z10 than my Z30 and we did tests just like these videos and 95 percent of the time the Z10 launched android apps faster than the Z30.......at that very moment he downloaded the leak and installed 10.3 lol then 10.3.1 later lol
    12-24-14 08:09 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm from North Korea, my Engrish is not so not so and I wundert, if you could make the title more more explicitly!!!

CB10 App
    12-24-14 08:09 PM
    I'm sorry, I'm from North Korea, my Engrish is not so not so and I wundert, if you could make the title more more explicitly!!!

CB10 App
    Hey Tollfeeder . I am trying to understand what you mean....What I am trying to say is that. If you make certain improvements to the software you can make some older phones works faster than some newer phones that have older software when it come to the android player within BB10..I am sorry if I am not clear
    12-24-14 08:13 PM
    Well the 10.2 runtime is downright putrid for speed. The fact it takes 5 seconds to launch an android app is slower than an Galaxy Nexus. from 2011. So you're comparing crap to acceptable. Now find a comparison with the Passport vs 10.3 on either the Z10/z30 and then say specs don't matter.

Last edited by Ment; 12-24-14 at 09:07 PM. Reason: wrong Nexus and date
    anon(2729369) likes this.
    12-24-14 08:41 PM

CB10 App
    Possibly "troll"feeder?

Cr)m... Z10 and PB 32G
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    12-24-14 08:43 PM
    Change your title to "specs isn't everything for opening apps faster".
    Just play MC4 and subway surfer, try on your Z30 and Z10, with the same 10.3 runtime. And tell me which runs smoother! Z10 will never be able to run MC4 smoothly or any of the latest graphic intensive apps! Maybe it can improve the subway surfer stuttering, but not fps rates! The better the GPU the better the fps. Maybe you can bring up little improvements with the software optimising, like max 5fps more.

Posted via Q10
    12-24-14 08:52 PM
    [QUOTE=stylz1985;11193883]
    You didn't read my article properly I did say if you read the whole thing properly and I quote from my article "..now of course if you took 2 phones with the same software and one has better specs than the other of course the high spec phone will be faster duh that is common sense." so again you didn't truly answer my question.....why is it a z10 with 10.3 runs and boots android apps faster than the z30 10.2.1 which has much much better specs than the z10.....???? My defense is that people were saying hardware is the only factor when booting android apps and software has nothing to do with when I saying it has much to do with it maybe even more....

Posted via CB10
    Please tell me which "people" you are referring to here? That claimed they want high end specs to open android apps faster? And has been nagging you all the time with this? You must have created tons of threads and made 100's of post, but I never saw anyone making such a claim! All I read, from those "people's" post were, inorder for android apps to run smoothly, BlackBerry should make a phone with the latest specs.

Posted via Q10
    12-24-14 08:58 PM
    You didn't read my article properly I did say if you read the whole thing properly and I quote from my article "..now of course if you took 2 phones with the same software and one has better specs than the other of course the high spec phone will be faster duh that is common sense." so again you didn't truly answer my question.....why is it a z10 with 10.3 runs and boots android apps faster than the z30 10.2.1 which has much much better specs than the z10.....???? My defense is that people were saying hardware is the only factor when booting android apps and software has nothing to do with when I saying it has much to do with it maybe even more....

Posted via CB10
    Its both a combination of hardware and software but the 10.3 runtime is so much better that it overshadows the hardware differences between the Z10 and Z30. When 10.4 is released there won't be such a difference in software via the runtime and the hardware differences will be more pronounced just like it is with the Passport. 10.2 runtime is like running with a broken leg compared to 10.3.
    12-24-14 09:04 PM
    lol why do you have two accts
    jevinzac likes this.
    12-24-14 09:05 PM
    Its both a combination of hardware and software but the 10.3 runtime is so much better that it overshadows the hardware differences between the Z10 and Z30. When 10.4 is released there won't be such a difference in software via the runtime and the hardware differences will be more pronounced just like it is with the Passport. 10.2 runtime is like running with a broken leg compared to 10.3.
    Yeah I agree, but I think they can improve a lot more, since my Jolla Smartphone running Sailfish OS with Android 4.1 Runtime, runs all android apps( 100%) and runs them perfectly and smoothly! I just wish BlackBerry can make a runtime like Jolla's! I use my BlackBerry for Social networking, and Jolla for the android apps and gaming .

Posted via Q10
    12-24-14 09:08 PM
    Your not getting my point and I remember your same argument with the same subway surfer and modern combat 4 from my other post. So explain this to me when I had my z10 how did I play ravensword....dead trigger 2.....asphalt 7 and 8 fine on the z10 with no Lag the android version.....and you didn't read my article properly I did say quote "..now of course if you took 2 phones with the same software and one has better specs than the other of course the high spec phone will be faster duh that is common sense." my argument is that people think hardware alone determines the speed and performance of the android runtime when it does not software has a lot to do with it as well. Now answer my question with the thread I made...how was the z10 able to boot android apps faster then the z30....z10 had 10.3 and the z30 had 10.2.1??? Also I played with the passport at a Telus store and I played and downloaded sonic dash even with the snapdragon 801 and 3gb ram that game was laggy on the passport even with the high end specs and sonic dash is not a high end game like mc4..so explain that to me??? Is that a hardware problem or programming problem with the game?

Posted via CB10
    All these games were android? Please tell me which version you installed and worked for u? And MC4 is in a different league my friend, as I said previously, don't compare Battlefield 4 with NFS.
    MC4 is not a high end game? Please tell me which is . Sonic dash is a 6 year old kid's fav n low end game and u r compare it with MC4.
    Z10 won't be able to run MC5! I can bet on it.
    As one person has said earlier, the runtime on 10.2.1 was crap! 10.3 improved vastly, there's a limit on what a software can do, so your statements can never be justified

Posted via Q10
    12-24-14 09:13 PM
    Exactly you just proved my point . What I was trying to tell people is that hardware alone is not the determining factor in the android runtime...software plays a huge part in it . I really hope 10.4 brings big big changes in both the android runtime and bb10 experience . I hope they can use kit Kat or lollipop with art instead of using dalvik then we can see a huge improvement with android apps hopefully .

Posted via CB10
    I doubt there will be a large difference primarily because there is not a huge difference between Jellybean and Kitkat in terms of things like app launching and because the other work that needed to be done in the BB runtime that made such a huge difference between 10.2 vs 10.3 can't be repeated by optimizing some other part. 10.2 <------------------------------------->10.3<----->10.4
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    12-24-14 09:24 PM
    Now some people been bashing me that specs mean everything in BB10 world when it comes to android apps launching and the speed and here is more proof of HOW WRONG YOU ARE....

Before I continue in no way shape or form saying that BB forever should be using old 3 year old technology...not saying that...anyone with common sense knows that with better hardware gives more advancement in the OS and what it can do. So I welcome BB phones with Quad Core and Octa Core Power and I will be one of the first to buy a BB phone like that

My argument here is that when it comes to the android player it has more to do with Android Runtime Improvement within BB10 and less to do with specs of the phone....now of course if you took 2 phones with the same software and one has better specs than the other of course the high spec phone will be faster duh that is common sense.

Now in this example one phone is the Z30 with 10.2.1 and one is the Z10 with 10.3

This is proof that hardware isnt everything. In the video the Z10 with the newer 10.3 software loads android apps much quicker than the Z30 which has 10.2.1 and much better hardware. So my fellow crackberrians explain to me if hardware is everything why does the Z10(which is far inferior) load the android apps much quicker than the Z30 (Which is much superior) when launching android apps.....

Well upgrading to a higher OS version doesnt always make the device run faster.
    I believe when you upgrading from 10.3.1.xxxx to a 10.3.1.xxxx you will end up with a better OS with bugs and improvement fixed (minor), however when you upgrade and major OS this post might not be true especially if the changes will also effect the apps that are running which in most case will required the HW improvement. Anyway I believe this something that OP need to clarified too.
    12-24-14 09:49 PM
    All these games were android? Please tell me which version you installed and worked for u? And MC4 is in a different league my friend, as I said previously, don't compare Battlefield 4 with NFS.
    MC4 is not a high end game? Please tell me which is . Sonic dash is a 6 year old kid's fav n low end game and u r compare it with MC4.
    Z10 won't be able to run MC5! I can bet on it.
    As one person has said earlier, the runtime on 10.2.1 was crap! 10.3 improved vastly, there's a limit on what a software can do, so your statements can never be justified

Posted via Q10
    Ummmmm my friend first of all you have zero worries about stupid modern combat 4 because we have modern combat 4 in blackberry world as a native game and it works perfectly.Also do you know who makes ...GAMELOFT!!! When they make blackberry games they are native its an agreement between gameloft and BB. Heck they even gave us spiderman unlimited just now.

Also you proved my point again. Sonic Dash is android game and even the passport doesnt run that game without lag (its a mid range graphic game I would say) ...I know I've played with it at a telus store. So again try to read and understand this...how come not even the passport cant run sonic dash properly but yet can run higher android games perfectly with no lag or problems.....spiderman unlimited was one of them before it came to blackberry world as a native game even bla1ze was playing the android version of it and it ran smooth like butter and its a higher graphic intensive game then sonic dash...

Even the Z10 can play Thor's the dark world with no problems and it runs smooth.

I posted videos of the Z10 playing high end android games with zero problems...
    12-24-14 09:50 PM
    Ummmmm my friend first of all you have zero worries about stupid modern combat 4 because we have modern combat 4 in blackberry world as a native game and it works perfectly.Also do you know who makes ...GAMELOFT!!! When they make blackberry games they are native its an agreement between gameloft and BB. Heck they even gave us spiderman unlimited just now.

Also you proved my point again. Sonic Dash is android game and even the passport doesnt run that game without lag (its a mid range graphic game I would say) ...I know I've played with it at a telus store. So again try to read and understand this...how come not even the passport cant run sonic dash properly but yet can run higher android games perfectly with no lag or problems.....spiderman unlimited was one of them before it came to blackberry world as a native game even bla1ze was playing the android version of it and it ran smooth like butter and its a higher graphic intensive game then sonic dash...

Even the Z10 can play Thor's the dark world with no problems and it runs smooth.

I posted videos of the Z10 playing high end android games with zero problems...
    MC4 is used as a benchmark! I don't care, if it's on BlackBerry World, it should run all android apps smoothly, according to your statement!
    Please checkout the latest games like MC5 etc(one of the most popular game on PlayStore) which require high end gpu and play that on your Z10 with zero fps issues, when you succeed, i'll accept what you say. Till then, you are just a BlackBerry fanboy like an isheep .

Posted via Q10
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    12-24-14 09:56 PM
    Well upgrading to a higher OS version doesnt always make the device run faster.
    I believe when you upgrading from 10.3.1.xxxx to a 10.3.1.xxxx you will end up with a better OS with bugs and improvement fixed (minor), however when you upgrade and major OS this post might not be true especially if the changes will also effect the apps that are running which in most case will required the HW improvement. Anyway I believe this something that OP need to clarified too.
    Very very true. My point I was trying to make though is that a lot of people think that hardware alone is the major factor when launching android apps and how they run which is not the case which is why I created this thread to prove that. Even with my Z30 I have some apps and games that are very basic and lag a bit and some games and apps that are way more power hungry and they run smoother than the inferior apps and games. If hardware alone was a factor what I just said wouldn't make sense at all. I do agree with you though with your statement
    12-24-14 09:57 PM
    Very very true. My point I was trying to make though is that a lot of people think that hardware alone is the major factor when launching android apps and how they run which is not the case which is why I created this thread to prove that. Even with my Z30 I have some apps and games that are very basic and lag a bit and some games and apps that are way more power hungry and they run smoother than the inferior apps and games. If hardware alone was a factor what I just said wouldn't make sense at all. I do agree with you though with your statement
    Sorry, by mistakenly I have thanked your post, instead of clicking "reply".
    Well you still haven't answered properly to my post! Show me which "people" complained so much about android apps need Octa core processor to open faster, that you lost your head and created lots of threads and posts!

Posted via Q10
    12-24-14 10:02 PM
    MC4 is used as a benchmark! I don't care, if it's on BlackBerry World, it should run all android apps smoothly, according to your statement!
    Please checkout the latest games like MC5 etc(one of the most popular game on PlayStore) which require high end gpu and play that on your Z10 with zero fps issues, when you succeed, i'll accept what you say. Till then, you are just a BlackBerry fanboy like an isheep .

Posted via Q10
    OK lets use a high end GPU like the one on the passport then my friend....why is it some android games like sonic dash run like crap on the passport ,...but it can play other games which are more demanding smooth like butter (spiderman unlimited android version)....answer the question and stop avoiding it.....
    12-24-14 10:05 PM
    OK lets use a high end GPU like the one on the passport then my friend....why is it some android games like sonic dash run like crap on the passport ,...but it can play other games which are more demanding smooth like butter (spiderman unlimited android version)....answer the question and stop avoiding it.....
    First of all passport is not sporting a high end GPU according to today's standards, just checkout Nvidia Tegra K1, which blows adreno 330 out of the water! Adreno 330 is just a minor update to Z30's adreno 320.
    And I never said software optimising cannot do anything good, if u read my posts clearly, I have mentioned, runtime can be improved, but there is a limit for improving(mentioned clearly in my posts above), and your statement can thus be never validated! and mostly it's the runtime at fault here just since you want my answer

Posted via Q10
    BB_Junky likes this.
    12-24-14 10:12 PM
    More powerful and complex apps make old hardware run crappy and runtimes intolerable.
    12-24-14 10:20 PM
    I wish I knew more about this type of thing.

Interested in where his thread leads.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 10:54 PM
    Dude you seriously need to give it a rest. This is getting embarrassing.
    Fr3lncr, MarsupilamiX and mikeo007 like this.
    12-24-14 11:34 PM
    Sure, write everything in assembly.

The trade off in speed and development time.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:34 PM
35 12