Hi everyone,
    I'm new to BB. Will the software be compatible with my mac? I used to own a palm Treo & the software would not work with my computer.

Thanks
    04-17-09 08:54 AM
    There is currently no compatible Desktop Manager for Mac. You can use Pocketmac (free) to sync contacts/calendar/music, but if you want to upgrade your OS and/or do a backup, you'll have to have a version of Windows on your Mac via Bootcamp/Parallels/Fusion etc. It's a bit of a PITA. I use desktop manager on my PC at work and Pocketmac at home.

Others have said google synch works nicely.

You can also check out the Mac forum here for more info on this.
    04-17-09 09:47 AM
    Blackberry and MAC takes work, but it's doable. Dub makes excellent suggestions, PLUS you can get lots more help in the MAC Users section of the Forum...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f62
    04-17-09 09:50 AM
    That sucks but thanks for the help. That's one of the reasons why I got rid of treo...
    04-17-09 10:00 AM
    That sucks but thanks for the help. That's one of the reasons why I got rid of treo...
    Yes it does suck, many of us feel RIM should make a MAC version of DM, perhaps they will in the future.
    04-17-09 10:33 AM
    Yes it does suck, many of us feel RIM should make a MAC version of DM, perhaps they will in the future.

I sure hope so because everyone does not have a PC. I mean it only makes sense!
    04-17-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD