So I'm more than pretty sure most everyone knows how to soft restart their BB so you dont have to take the back off than the battery which is time consuming plus if you have to keep doing it youll more than likely wear the back latch down...but anyways...i just found how to do it and i just wanted to post it since its a really good tool in my eyes when you have to restart your bb when you download apps and such anyways sorry if this is somewhere else on the site but ill post it here anyways...

In unison hold right alt key, left shift key, and delete.

whooohaaa ta daaaa..
    lol anyways...
    there ya go.

Jake
    05-20-08 01:07 PM
    thats a great trick...

unless you have a pearl...

in which case you need to download a program called soft reset from geekandproud.net

-db
    05-20-08 01:11 PM
    Very useful, but still not the same as a battery pull.
    05-20-08 01:18 PM
    oh...its not? it worked when i couldnt see the theme i downloaded and then did that it showed up...but ok...hmm still a good tool...
    05-20-08 01:38 PM
    Pulling the battery is considered a "hard" reset, more thorough than the "soft" reset option.
    05-20-08 02:35 PM
    Pulling the battery is considered a "hard" reset, more thorough than the "soft" reset option.
    Doing a battery pull is a soft reset. A hard reset would delete contacts, downloaded themes, and 3rd party apps. A hard reset is effectively getting your berry back to factory settings.
    05-20-08 02:40 PM
    Doing a battery pull is a soft reset. A hard reset would delete contacts, downloaded themes, and 3rd party apps. A hard reset is effectively getting your berry back to factory settings.
    Hard Reset = Battery Pull

Soft Reset = ALT+CAP+DEL or Soft Reset App

Device Wipe = Deletes contacts, settings, apps etc...
    05-20-08 02:47 PM
    Hard Reset = Battery Pull

Soft Reset = ALT+CAP+DEL or Soft Reset App

Device Wipe = Deletes contacts, settings, apps etc...
    Know-it-all (eyeroll!)
    05-20-08 02:56 PM
    Know-it-all (eyeroll!)
    LMAO. I believe you were looking for this -->

05-20-08 03:05 PM
    Damn Im getting beat up from both coasts.

Know-it-all (eyeroll!)
    Crazy Cali people

Mad Marias
    05-20-08 03:09 PM
    Psh! Nothin' but love on this coast
    05-20-08 03:27 PM

HA! Yes. D'oh. I saw that one and wasn't sure if he was rolling his eyes or contemplating something... like what to eat for lunch, or what to wear.

I obviously think too much about emoticons.

See - this is me thinking about which emoticon to use Which one... which one?!
    05-20-08 03:29 PM
    alt+cap+delete does nothing on my 8330 curve
    05-20-08 03:32 PM
    HA! Yes. D'oh. I saw that one and wasn't sure if he was rolling his eyes or contemplating something... like what to eat for lunch, or what to wear.

I obviously think too much about emoticons.

See - this is me thinking about which emoticon to use Which one... which one?!
    LOL! I do the same thing. Tip: if you hover your mouse over each one it'll pop up what emotion it is.. Jus in case you're not sure.
    05-20-08 03:37 PM
    alt+cap+delete does nothing on my 8330 curve
    If you hold alt + "right" shift + delete.. It will reset.
    05-20-08 03:41 PM
    You have to press the left alt first and hold it then press the right shift or Cap button whatever you prefer to call it and hold it while still holding the left alt then press Del and hold it when the screen goes black let go and that will do a soft reset once the reset is finished do the same thing again and it will do a hard reset. You have to press and hold the buttons in that order . And If your BB is due for a hard reset for whatever reason the first time you do alt+shift+del it will do a hard reset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 03:45 PM
    Posting from your BB sucks you don't know if it went thru and you end up posting duplicates.

05-20-08 03:49 PM
    Tip: It almost always goes through. After you submit it, hit "refresh" and it'll pop up. Happens everytime. It's annoying but it works
    05-20-08 03:51 PM
    You have to press the left alt first and hold it then press the right shift or Cap button whatever you prefer to call it and hold it while still holding the left alt then press Del and hold it when the screen goes black let go and that will do a soft reset once the reset is finished do the same thing again and it will do a hard reset. You have to press and hold the buttons in that order . And If your BB is due for a hard reset for whatever reason the first time you do alt+shift+del it will do a hard reset.

Thank you, that was very helpful. Worked for me,
    05-20-08 03:52 PM
    just throwin my little two cents in here...
    the soft reset, as it were, is obviously a harmless little trick to do with your berry. BUT - careful with just randomly trying little shortcuts you find in these forums on your own personal device. ive seen threads on here where people have posted "shortcuts," then someone will try it and totally eff their phone up. no good!! anyways, just a little warning i thought about and figured i would share.
    05-20-08 04:42 PM
    Tip: It almost always goes through. After you submit it, hit "refresh" and it'll pop up. Happens everytime. It's annoying but it works
    Thankyou, I'll try that!
    05-20-08 06:44 PM
    Hey that works...Thanks!

05-20-08 08:27 PM
    I am new to BB and I appreciate all the input I can get. Plus, everybody is so nice here! It's like a little happy-cracky land.
    05-21-08 08:13 PM
    I am new to BB and I appreciate all the input I can get. Plus, everybody is so nice here! It's like a little happy-cracky land.
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!
    05-21-08 10:46 PM
    Ok. I just tried this for the first time to compare methods.

ALT+CAP+DEL = a true soft reset. not the same as a bettery pull at all. you will notice the OS does not need to reboot (no hourglass for 2 mins while it loads)

Soft Reset App = same as a battery pull. if you notice, all the app does is trick the OS into thinking something has been installed and it needs to reboot. this is the same as a battery pull.

Battery Pull = the good old fasioned way. same as Soft Reset App but doesnt use any device memory.
    06-02-08 11:20 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD