I guess being away at sea and depending on wifi as a only communication with my children I have just gotten totally use to having bbm and now playbook video chat to actually in some way to be able to seem kids grow. I have been using bb for years now and have had quite a few different devices. I just can't imagine switching to another platform when this one have done me so well over time. Yes I am blackberry loyalist. I use blackberry for exactly what it was designed to do and it does this perfectly. If the wheel is not broken no need to fix it and as long as my job takes me away out to sea I will never be jumping ship so to speak.
    03-10-12 01:36 PM
    I agree with using bbm. Its a good way to communicate with people all around the world.
    03-10-12 03:14 PM
    Maybe they stopped using BBM so you'd talk to them less. Just sayin
    03-10-12 04:04 PM
    LOL!

I knew that's why my mom went iPhone!
    03-10-12 04:05 PM
    The people you already know are not the point. There are millions of people around the world who would like to get to know you. Find one of the many BBM lists and select some people to chat with. About 1 out of 15 will be people you will want to spend time with.
    You know, until this thread it never even occurred to me to do this. I had no idea there were BBM lists. Yes, I know there's a section of this board devoted to that very thing, but until today I never once visited it.

So much for "master" status...
    03-10-12 09:35 PM
    I travel all over the eastern hemisphere for work. It's BBM or not for me. I do take a few texts but I let people know how expensive it is.
    My work hands out BB for international secure communication. It doesn't matter where you are if you need help or anything you need a phone that works, so it's BlackBerry for us.
    Recently we got notice that the phone bills some of us were racking up were getting quite large, due to text msgs.
    I responded asking why people used text when we all have BlackBerry and BBM was free. After not hearing back for a wile, next thing that happened we all got notice to start using BBM on our BB phones instead of text as it cost to much. We were told to concider the fact that some people spend more than 3/4 hundred $ a month texting there spouce. The cost of a new BlackBerry.

+ I must say that BBM groups has saved my a$$ more than once. Being in the middle of nowhere, in the center of Gabon Africa. Trying to get a customers equipment running. When I needed to get a hold of a friend for some troubleshooting assistance, I knew where to go BBM. I tell you, you can't put a value on that! i love BBM and always will!
    Last edited by Dapper37; 03-11-12 at 05:27 AM.
    03-10-12 10:52 PM
    I love BBM but there's also Whatsapp which is cross platform and connects me to all my friends. There's really no need to text even if your friend is not a BB user.
    03-11-12 04:53 AM
    That is because you have to know people you want to chat with who own a bb otherwise if your family and friends don't have a bb it is worthless.
    The messaging app that is first to connect with Facebook, LinkedIn and twitter, will change that. Mostly Facebook of course.
    It looks to me That PB2.0 is well on the way to doing just that.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 03-11-12 at 05:26 AM.
    03-11-12 05:19 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD