It is still a Blackberry. People are downloaded apps made for Android, not the OS itself.

It opens up some more apps for people that want them. Simple as that.

James

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 04:51 PM
    What if we look at it this way:

You have a Macbook. You choose run a virtual machine and put Windows on it.

Do you now have a Winbook? No of course not, the underlying OS is still Mac, but you now have access to Windows applications as well through the virtual machine.

It gives you more freedom to do as you wish and download any app that you want. The last thing we need is less choice.
    02-01-14 04:57 PM
    Android can only handle the apps of one platform, but blackberry can handle he apps of two os' thus making android an inferior os.

So no, I am using a much better device, I am using a blackberry!

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    02-01-14 05:01 PM
    You keep asking the same question and the answer is the same: There's NO REASON for devs to build BB10 apps, WITH OR WITHOUT the Android runtime. The user base is too small to be worth the effort of all but a handful of devs.

Taking away the runtime wouldn't change this.

I left BlackBerry for Android last August, not because of apps, but now that I have access to some great apps I wouldn't consider going back to BlackBerry if it meant giving them up. Why would I want to do that?

Sent via Tapatalk
    Just curious, would you come back to BlackBerry now you don't have to give up those Android apps? If you can confirm beforehand that the Android apps all work the way you need them to on BB10.2.1?

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.1.1925 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    02-01-14 05:04 PM
    Then it saddens me to say I will be leaving in September for a non android platform.

Posted via CB10
    So let me get this straight, you would rather have a platform (that you say you love) with no apps (which would likely lead to its death) rather than a platform that allows for android apps to be installed...even though you don't have to install them if you don't want to?
    This upsets you so much that you will leave the platform? Your logic is ridiculous.
    Anyways, enjoy the new "non-android" platform you choose.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 05:11 PM
    Another rubbish thread. BlackBerrys are BlackBerrys. The fact that they can now run Android code is no different than the way Apples can run Windows code.

Posted via CB10
    ray689 likes this.
    02-01-14 05:12 PM
    The BB smart phone is secure, beautiful, ptoductive, battery life is amazing ( Z30), fast, and powerful..etc, etc . BlackBerry forever..
    ray689 likes this.
    02-01-14 05:16 PM
    I agree with the security comment from your post. I think it will compromise the hardware. However for me BB was all about supporting Canadian. I barely have any sideloaded apps other than Instagram. I'm actually glad BB built the FB app for the BB because I have trust issues with the NSA. I don't have anything to hide but I do feel like the android runtime is a band-aid solution until we can build the user base.
    02-01-14 05:19 PM
    I agree with the security comment from your post. I think it will compromise the hardware. However for me BB was all about supporting Canadian. I barely have any sideloaded apps other than Instagram. I'm actually glad BB built the FB app for the BB because I have trust issues with the NSA. I don't have anything to hide but I do feel like the android runtime is a band-aid solution until we can build the user base.
    You should try Igrann. Native built and in my opinion is better than the instagram app itself.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 05:21 PM
    I laughed for good 3 minutes after reading that. Thanks for the laugh.
    pineappleqwer likes this.
    02-01-14 05:22 PM
    BlackBerry and Android runtime is a fact, no matter how many threads are created to bellyache or beat the forum about it.
    02-01-14 05:23 PM
186 ... 678