I work for a company that supplies Home Depot. I go all over the Greater Toronto Area.

Without exaggerating, 80 percent of the people I see in Home Depots are still using Blackberry OS7 phones.

I literally still see HUNDREDS of BB's per day. I've only seen one OS10 phone (Q10) in the wild, and I know 2 people that own Z10's.

Have no idea why the "DYI/Contractors" crowd still have so many Blackberrys. Outside of the stores, I'll be hard pressed to see anything besides iPhones and a handful of GS3's.

In the Toronto area there are still thousands of Blackberrys in use, although as I mentioned, the demographic that uses them tend to be professionals that are middle aged and up. Youth around here are almost 90% iPhones.

I myself have yet to upgrade to BB10 (can't decide whether I want the Q, the Z, or wait for the Aristo that can finally replace my phone and Playbook.)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    08-03-13 06:46 PM
    BlackBerry is sold in Malaysia and there is constant advertising here. Hence the question of people not knowing about BlackBerry doesn't arise. However it is a all about trend and having the best! Samsung S4 seems to be the in-thing now with people so intrigued about phone recognising your eye movement, etc. The key factors for selecting a phone decide which make to buy. People who are willing to check out before buying one would find the additional benefits rather not key to decision making. I have colleagues,friends and even casual contacts using BlackBerry. But sadly there are many others who have also left the fraternity of BlackBerry users recently for competition (Samsung more than iPhone!).

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 07:26 PM
    I work in Westminster and only ever see legacy devices. I've seen 1 q10 and 2 z10's since their respective launches. Most of the people I see on the tube or who come into work have an iphone, s3/4 or note 2.
    08-03-13 07:35 PM
    I'm seeing A LOT of bbos users here in new York. I've only spotted 4 Q10s and 5 z10s taking the train down to wall st.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 09:48 PM
    I work at a beer store in chatham ontario. We have 4 BlackBerry's. 2 Q10's a Bold (new one) and a Torch. My coworkers also have 2 iphone 5's and an S3. The one iphone user hates her phone and is switching soon. Either Z10 or S4. She's not sure yet. But she loves my Q10. She said "Wow BlackBerry has come along way" My son still has his Curve 9320 but is having issues with the charging port. Gonna upgrade to a Q10. I think once u own a BlackBerry it's hard to go to anything else. IMO

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 11:53 PM
    Just saw another Q10 in the wild today. Although I haven't seen many, I had to ask the guy how he liked it. He said he loved his device and has full faith in BlackBerry once more people get their hands on one for a day or so. He works for a construction company (I believe for the city) and said the rest of the guys on the crew are loving their Q10's too. They use BBM to communicate on job sites. They send pics of specific issues on the site to their foremen or supervisors and if the issue requires more detail they conduct a BBM videochat to explain the situation. He said it works great for their company. I love hearing positive stories like this, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem to most people. It shows that once the bb10 device is integrated into the company... the workers love it. we need more situations like this to help BlackBerry squash all the negativity they get from the media. I must add. He also mentioned that BlackBerry's biggest mistake was trying to take on Apple. They should just remain BlackBerry and use their strengths to attract new users. It's a business tool.

Not approved by the NSA. My personal Q10
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    09-28-13 01:47 AM
    I actually saw a guy with a z10 LE today (mind you it was at the Starbucks in uptown waterloo)

Posted via iPhone 5s
    09-28-13 01:48 AM
    Still seeing lots, downtown Toronto.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:02 PM
    I'm in a major city in the northeast of the U.S. And haven't seen any BB10 devices in the wild. I'm excited to show mine off a bit since I just got it. Ironically, I have noticed more Curves, 9700s, and 9900s around.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    09-29-13 08:17 PM
    When I'm at the airport bar tables, I see the most blackberry in one place.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 08:24 PM
    I see many BB10 devices (Z10 being the most popular) around Toronto's financial district where I work (King Subway station, PATH network, food courts, and nearby Eaton Centre). But then again I also see more iPhones and Android devices.
    09-29-13 09:07 PM
    Work in the healthcare field and rub elbows with government entities who have usually an iPhone for personal use and a BB (older model) for government use. On an off note did notice Steve Martin's character in The Big Year using a Blackberry.

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    09-29-13 09:16 PM
    Maybe if the apps started coming in more often, we would see more people on Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:31 PM
    I see a few BlackBerry 10 phones a day but I see a ton of legacy phones. Way more than I see 10's.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:39 PM
    I notice more legacy devices than BB10 here in Colorado.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 09:49 PM
165 ... 567